Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Return of the Creature

First, let me start by saying that I've never been a fan of "off-brand" construction toys but...

I've been waiting for the release of the Creature from the Black Lagoon by Diamond Select Minimates. Yes, I know, it's not LEGO, and I'm not a traitor, but the Batman Killer Croc head and torso is no match against the larger Minimates Creature.

So, breaking out my still intact Rita Amazon Exploration Vessel, I tried taking various pictures of the Creature as he snuck aboard the ship. They just weren't working, so I put on the old thinking cap. Utilizing the Lifeguard from Series 2 Minifigures with a brown wig and frightened face, she made the perfect bikini-clad vixen for a shot. The longer and moveable arms of the Minimates Creature allowed for him to hold her just perfectly.

I now present the Minimates Creature vs. the LEGO Lifeguard in this latest Universal Movie Poster:

5315078468_2420c0239d_z.jpg

Awesome movie poster 'Thebrickster', The Creature is very...Ugly default_tong.gif I think I'll be checking under my bed for him tonight default_oh.gif

Edited by The Red Brick

Hello!

It's great to see you are again expanding your themes. :classic:

The minimates creature fits well into the LEGO® scene. There are so many special painted heads these days, and so many special torsos (Hagrid, the Yeti etc.), so that the creature you used is not very different from a figure LEGO® would make. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

It's great to see you are again expanding your themes. :classic:

Thanks Chris. It has been a while, hasn't it? Honestly, I haven't been doing much in LEGO in some time. A Minimate creature has brought me back to a custom adventure theme that I enjoyed building. I've still got the Rita and the vignette, so I may just expand the theme. Appreciate your feedback. :classic:

Nice one The Brickster! The Minimate creature is just perfect for the bad guy role. (Lego = Hero, Minimate = Enemy, makes sense right? :grin:) Now who's gonna save our lady-in-distress?

Nice work - but I'm finding it difficult to look at the creature without thinking "I'm Old Gregg" (The Mighty Boosh)

Hello again!

... and that's exactly what we need here. :classic: I am sure many people enjoy the lovelyness of your images and sets, so I am glad to give you another motivation boost. :wink: These are great and we want more! :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Edited by Legostein

I am sure many people enjoy the lovelyness of your images and sets,

Thanks again - I particularly enjoyed working on this one, and I think the finished product came out pretty well. Still thinking about that lagoon scene.

The photography is awesome!

Thanks MB. Appreciate the nice feedback.

Haha, nice work :wink: I agree, it does look professional. :thumbup:

Looks great. :thumbup::classic:

And I was thinking Siegfried was the creature of the black lagoon. :tongue:

But he's maybe not to terrifying. :wink:

That looks fantastic. Captures the feel of the movie really well. The minimates Creature is amazing. I need to find one of them for myself. Great work :thumbup: