Sign in to follow this  
Derfel Cadarn

moc: Hunting lodge ruin

indexed.gif

I made this back in febuary, i only posted it on cc, so i thought i'd share with you lot. This was my second moc and looking back at it now it doesnt seem half as good as i thought when i first made it :cry_happy:

1235740745m_DISPLAY.jpg

12357419401_DISPLAY.jpg

12357423131_DISPLAY.jpg

For more pictures visit my moc pages http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/101597

I think you are too modest...

I really like the original way to make the roof under the windows on the tower.

great moc :thumbup:

that looks great ! I especially love the windows on the upper right of the last picture, they're awesome, great job!

If you think your MOCs are better nowdays, I must look into them, because this is brilliant! I like the way you used BURPs. We often see MOCs that have BURPs that haven't been disguised very well, and the rocks look very repeatative. You seem to have achieved a nice naturaly random rock in his model though. Well done! :pir-wink:

I made this back in febuary, i only posted it on cc, so i thought i'd share with you lot. This was my second moc and looking back at it now it doesnt seem half as good as i thought when i first made it :cry_happy:

I don't know what you call good but this is a great work of art. I like the way you integrated the restored keep in the ruin.

Really nice work. :thumbup:

Whats wrong with it?

I like it plenty fine. This is very much in the style I like to build. There are plenty of details, the design is nice, and I like all the studs showing. A lot of MOCs these days are going studless which I don't care for. If I had a complaint it would be in the premise. Stone towers with buildings attached are usually defense locations not hunting lodges. The idea if fine but doesn't seem very appropriate to me. Now if you mean the ruin is used as a hunting lodge then it works for me.

I am not sure what the chains and spears are doing sticking out of the wall but it adds a little something extra and from an artist pov it helps lead the eye around the MOC. The dark stone battlements on the towers top seem a little out of place but fit.

Thanks for posting.

MOC on!

That is simply stunning! Also love how you've used those Big Ugly Rock Pieces as well!

Awesome detail.

Well done on a great creation! Not only do you have loads of useful pieces, but you have managed to make something truly unique out of them, you really are too modest. :thumbup:

I really like the ruined appearance of the building, perhaps the towers would also have been in more disrepair, but look marvelous nonetheless, Bravo!

Thanks for the comments. The idea behind it was that it was once a castle that had fell into ruin, and then been taken over by a lord who uses it as a hunting lodge :classic: I dont mean to give the impression that i dont think its any good, I just ment that when i look at it now i can see lots of things that i would now do differently and change. Thanks again for the comments :cry_happy: