XimenaPaulina

BARC Speeder - Clone Wars Version

Narrow-mindedness and a failure to see potential for improvement is not going to help anyone around here. :thumbdown:

Not again. While I appreciate your suggestions FA, can we please refrain from implying negative things towards other people who simply express they like someone else's MOC? I thought we already learned about toning down our brashness? And this certainly doesn't help. I would appreciate if you just go straight to the suggestions without taking a jab to other people's opinions. Just a friendly reminder to keep things peaceful here and not start another flame war. Thank you.

Anyway, on to the MOC. The decision to make the back slimmer certainly makes the craft much sleeker, which is nice. The 1x2 tiles are a big improvement as well; looking at your previous rendition the skis look rather goofy compared to what you've got there now.

A couple things I would address:

- The side-mounted handlebars are rather obtrusive; I would either have them on top or get rid of them to retain the sleekness of the nose.

As I said before, I recognize that the handlebars are quite inaccurate, but I like the way it is at the moment. But I will look into modifying that when I get tired of that set-up. And you're right, mounting on top is the best way to go, which I'll probably do in future versions.

- Is there a different way to represent the air intakes in the rear at this size? The construction you've got with the wing plates is just too blocky, especially now that there are 1x2 tiles there. I guess I feel the same way about the front intake as well.

I also agree that the side air intakes are blocky, but as I said a few pages back, that is the current design that approximates the shape and enclosing' look of the real side air intakes the best IMO. If I ever find a way to make a similar looking but slimmer version I will do that. With regards to the front air intake, I think the size is just about right (again it maybe the difference on how we look at things).

- The dark bit on the underside of the forward intake makes the nose look too bulky; I would suggest you omit that feature.

That sloping part in the underside is supposed to represent the sloping protrusion underneath the real front intakes. Just look at reference images and you'll see what I mean.

Thanks for the suggestions. My answers in blue.

Not again. While I appreciate your suggestions FA, can we please refrain from implying negative things towards other people who simply express they like someone else's MOC? I thought we already learned about toning down our brashness? And this certainly doesn't help. I would appreciate if you just go straight to the suggestions without taking a jab to other people's opinions. Just a friendly reminder to keep things peaceful here and not start another flame war. Thank you.

My sincerest apologies KielDaMan. I was really being out of line there. Please excuse me.

Very nice looking MOC. Even if it is not perfectly accurate to the movies, :hmpf: it looks excellent, and would fit into most any Star Wars scene.

Great job :thumbup:

Very nice looking MOC. Even if it is not perfectly accurate to the movies, :hmpf: it looks excellent, and would fit into most any Star Wars scene.

Great job :thumbup:

Thanks. But haven't I emphasized it enough that this version is based on the Clone Wars series and not on the movies? (it's even in the title). :wacko:

Thanks. But haven't I emphasized it enough that this version is based on the Clone Wars series and not on the movies? (it's even in the title). :wacko:

For all this trouble about accuracy is it really worth it to get into whether it's the version from the movie or the TV show? :tongue:

For all this trouble about accuracy is it really worth it to get into whether it's the version from the movie or the TV show? :tongue:

When you consider that they are quite different (at least in my view), yes, it is important when you discuss accuracy.

I was actually saying this :hmpf:,because I was kinda annoyed by some other people commenting about it being so inaccurate.

I was actually saying this :hmpf:,because I was kinda annoyed by some other people commenting about it being so inaccurate.

Sorry.

Man, who knew one little MOC could be so controversial!

All said and done, this is a really nice MOC mate. Makes me want to go back and rethink my effort, though I'm fairly happy with LEGO's version too.

Nice work, Kiel.

Man, who knew one little MOC could be so controversial!

All said and done, this is a really nice MOC mate. Makes me want to go back and rethink my effort, though I'm fairly happy with LEGO's version too.

Nice work, Kiel.

Yeah, I didn't really expect this topic will spark a controversy, though I'm glad everything is fine now (hopefully). And thanks for the kind words, I really appreciate it. :classic:

I know you weren't going for the single handle bared variant but have to tried This, if you have does it looks as good, or does it work at all.

I know you weren't going for the single handle bared variant but have to tried This, if you have does it looks as good, or does it work at all.

I actually considered using that set-up, and I know that is the most logical way based on the reference images, but I think using the normal handlebars is 'too easy' of a solution. I will still do the brickbuilt approach for the handlebars and will drop double steering vane step-up eventually. I'm actually tweaking some of the inaccurate elements right now and will post the improved version after some time.

I actually considered using that set-up, and I know that is the most logical way based on the reference images, but I think using the normal handlebars is 'too easy' of a solution. I will still do the brickbuilt approach for the handlebars and will drop double steering vane step-up eventually. I'm actually tweaking some of the inaccurate elements right now and will post the improved version after some time.

Yeah, your solution looks better than that one. The shape of those handlebars IMO make SW vehicles look like ATVs, or snowmobiles :laugh:

I also had a suggestion for you, KDM. On the back of the BARC you've got those 4x2 plates for the repulsors. Have you tried the slightly shorter 2x3s? :look: I think those might actually nail the back repulsors, It's something I'm considering doing to mine. Possibly with the 3L bar from the S2 waitlifter in there too.

I also had a suggestion for you, KDM. On the back of the BARC you've got those 4x2 plates for the repulsors. Have you tried the slightly shorter 2x3s? :look: I think those might actually nail the back repulsors, It's something I'm considering doing to mine. Possibly with the 3L bar from the S2 waitlifter in there too.

Uhm, I'm already using the 2x3s for the back repulsors right from the very start (I used the 4x2s for the larger front repulsor). Take a second look. :wink: And I've actually modified the blasters too (which I'm really quite happy since I think I nailed it right), I'm just too lazy to take pics now. :tongue: Maybe I'll just show it together with the rest of Part 2 of this series (in some weeks time).

Uhm, I'm already using the 2x3s for the back repulsors right from the very start (I used the 4x2s for the larger front repulsor). Take a second look. :wink: And I've actually modified the blasters too (which I'm really quite happy since I think I nailed it right), I'm just too lazy to take pics now. :tongue: Maybe I'll just show it together with the rest of Part 2 of this series (in some weeks time).

Gah, I spaced when I wrote that. I don't know what I was thinking, I meant on the front. Instead of the 2x4s there.

I've actually modified the blasters too (which I'm really quite happy since I think I nailed it right)

I smell self promotion... :wink::laugh: