Oswald the Rabbit

General Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread

I really hope so, it looks awesome and beautiful. Just like the real Pearl is :pir-wub:

But I unfortunately doubt so, but it would indeed be a ship worthy of Captain Jack Sparrow. :pirate:

Nice thought, but no, thats not the set we will get. Firstly, look at the masts, they are white and black 2x1 rounds. Do you really think that Lego would use up a lot of the small piece count in fancy masts? Secondly, that ship has a tiled deck with cannons on the decks and detailed hatches. There is no way Lego could cram all that in a set that has a lower piece count then the QAR, and they gave that an open cabin. Be realistic here, the only way you will get a big detailed Pearl like the one from the game is if Lego release a large adult set.

The xbox 360 cover to the game has Barbossa in it! (cause dvd covers are longer than bluray covers)

91nari2hoolaa1500.jpg

Here is a print screen of the Black pearl from the trailer. I wonder if this will be the set that we get? By the way notice the small cannons blackpearl.jpg

Also note the SNOT mast platforms and the slight tumblehome of the sides which is achieved by hinges. Looks like the devs had a deep look into our forum. :imperialguard_commander1:

But seriously, that is certainly not going to be the Black Pearl set as what you see in the trailer looks like a 3000+ piece set; and the anounced price was 129,99€, wasn't it?

and the anounced price was 129,99€, wasn't it?

Wasn't there said $99.99? Or was it 99.99€? But I'm sure it was 99.99.

Edit: Okay, hereit is announced.

Edited by Peanuts

Wasn't there said $99.99? Or was it 99.99€? But I'm sure it was 99.99.

Edit: Okay, hereit is announced.

Ok, the linked picture proofs you're right! I had a go looking the price up with google; and apparently got wrong information. :pir-blush:

Anyway, the Black Pearl will be even smaller than the QAR; probably about the size of the BB considering the license costs. That's certainly not good.

I'm sure we won't be getting decks, rigging, or double rows of cannon, but I'd be very surprised indeed if the upcoming Black Pearl set didn't resemble the game ship, at least in exterior detail. I'd be willing to bet that it'll look a lot like the game Pearl, but only from the sides.

TC

I think it will be the size of the BB but we may get a second deck or an actual door into the cabin then we will get a UCS BP like the IFS. This way kids buy the other one, as the kiddy one comes out we get "leaked" images of a UCS version so we all jizz in our pants (excuse my French) or they wait a bit till we all buy the small BP and then we get leaked images of one that is UCS. Welcome to the world of marketing.

:jollyroger:

Ok, the linked picture proofs you're right! I had a go looking the price up with google; and apparently got wrong information. :pir-blush:

Anyway, the Black Pearl will be even smaller than the QAR; probably about the size of the BB considering the license costs. That's certainly not good.

It's got 800-something pieces, which is almost three hundred more than BB. That's enough to get the SHAPE of the ship in the game, if not the detail. It's certainly enough to have a closed cabin (BB does) and possibly a second deck, though again not with the detail of the IFS, or the Black Pearl in the game.

Everyone complains about licensing costs, but I find that, in most cases, it's bunk. Sets are more expensive across the board these days, not JUST in licensed themes.

It's got 800-something pieces, which is almost three hundred more than BB. That's enough to get the SHAPE of the ship in the game, if not the detail. It's certainly enough to have a closed cabin (BB does) and possibly a second deck, though again not with the detail of the IFS, or the Black Pearl in the game.

Everyone complains about licensing costs, but I find that, in most cases, it's bunk. Sets are more expensive across the board these days, not JUST in licensed themes.

Well, I hadn't yet compared the number of pieces to other sets, but this is certainly a good message. Maybe I'm gonna buy it, but I'll have to think about it, as I'm still partially in my dark age. :pir-look:

And I really think some of the licensed sets are too expensive, but the non-licensed are catching up. :hmpf_bad: And my biggest concern is that I'm missing the 5€ sets among the licensed theme.

Why is everyone keep talking about a UCS Black Pearl? Is there actually any news for this or is it just wishful thinking. As far as I know Lego have only released StarWas sets under the UCS tittle, so what makes everyone assume that there is going to be a Black Pearl. No other Licence theme apart from Star Wars has had UCS sets.

Its only wishful thinking Derfel. And still we know at we arent gonna get USC BP in POTC wave, as not the Inteceptor wich really upsets me :pir-cry_sad: I dont buy these ships because i actually dont like the new hull pieces at all, and also they are so expensive even at there is some nice parts in QAR. I only try to focus on the other sets abd get them at least 2 of each, but dang how much i was hoping that Inteceptor :pir-cry_sad: .

Captain Becker

Its only wishful thinking Derfel. And still we know at we arent gonna get USC BP in POTC wave, as not the Inteceptor wich really upsets me :pir-cry_sad: I dont buy these ships because i actually dont like the new hull pieces at all, and also they are so expensive even at there is some nice parts in QAR. I only try to focus on the other sets abd get them at least 2 of each, but dang how much i was hoping that Inteceptor :pir-cry_sad: .

Captain Becker

I agree, I like the new bow as it doesn't have those pointless holes, but I don't like the fact they use it for the stern as well. It doesn't look right, expecially when the old stern piece was completly fine. If the did do a large special set I would prefer the Dutchman or Dauntless, but I doubt that will happen.

I agree, I like the new bow as it doesn't have those pointless holes, but I don't like the fact they use it for the stern as well. It doesn't look right, expecially when the old stern piece was completly fine.

I agree, I like the new bow, hate it as the stern. I don't really care what the ship looks like, I will most likley buy it and use it for MOCs. As long as it has some cool parts and good sails I will be happy

This is what Jones looks like in the game (thanks to sologuy369 who provided a link in the videogame thread):

legopc21503.jpg

Now I really hope he's included in the BP set :thumbup:

I hope he is included in that set, too! He is my all-time favorite character! (Is that from the 3DS? If so then it has superb graphic quality, especially for a DS game.)

Edited by Legomaster34

Why is everyone keep talking about a UCS Black Pearl? Is there actually any news for this or is it just wishful thinking. As far as I know Lego have only released StarWas sets under the UCS tittle, so what makes everyone assume that there is going to be a Black Pearl. No other Licence theme apart from Star Wars has had UCS sets.

Hi,

also I would say LEGO have to change it. :pir-sweet:

The Black Pearl is so popular, ...here they should make a exception.

But my really wishful thinking is, that LEGO put correct small wheels in correct colours for cannons into his "Pic a Brick-Onlinestore". My next wishful thinking is, that we could in this store to buy flesh hands and heads for our yellow soldiers. That would be great! :thumbup:

Well we have seen first hand how LEGO treats it's customers fans and that is very well! Usually they look through our forums to see what we want, I think a little talk of a UCS BP is healthy for our eager appetites. Also who is to say UCS is only Star Wars? LEGO could make any set UCS status if they wanted to. I would say that the IFS is just as detailed as any UCS set anyway, LEGO could make a big BP and just say "it is a big BP", it doesn't necessarily have to be UCS, whether it is Star Wars or not.

Edited by halfpenguinhalflego

I agree, I like the new bow as it doesn't have those pointless holes, but I don't like the fact they use it for the stern as well. It doesn't look right, expecially when the old stern piece was completly fine. If the did do a large special set I would prefer the Dutchman or Dauntless, but I doubt that will happen.

I like the old stern AND bow pieces more than the new ones, i think they were much more realistic than the new ones. But i also agree at the holes on the old bow are looking ridiculous.

Captain Becker

http://www.amazon.de/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?__mk_de_DE=%C3%85M%C3%85Z%C3%95%C3%91&url=search-alias%3Dtoys&field-keywords=Pirates+of+the+Caribbean+lego&rh=n%3A12950651%2Ck%3APirates+of+the+Caribbean+lego&ajr=3

Releasedate is 11th May and seemingly in all stores and euro-prices are confirmed.

14,99 cabin

26,99 Isla de la muerta

26,99 fountain

39,99 cannibals

49,99 mill

59,99 London

89,99 lighthouse

129,99 Queen Anne´s Revenge

http://www.amazon.de/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?__mk_de_DE=%C3%85M%C3%85Z%C3%95%C3%91&url=search-alias%3Dtoys&field-keywords=Pirates+of+the+Caribbean+lego&rh=n%3A12950651%2Ck%3APirates+of+the+Caribbean+lego&ajr=3

Releasedate is 11th May and seemingly in all stores and euro-prices are confirmed.

14,99 cabin

26,99 Isla de la muerta

26,99 fountain

39,99 cannibals

49,99 mill

59,99 London

89,99 lighthouse

What?

27 euros for the Isla de la muerta set? that's ridiculous! :pir-cry_sad::pir_bawling:

What?

27 euros for the Isla de la muerta set? that's ridiculous! :pir-cry_sad::pir_bawling:

I think the prize is just right for it. if we think at we get about 5 or more cold coins and those new golden (What they were again) molds etc etc. But i agree at im not quite happy whit the Londons escape prize, ill just have to judge and deal whit it.

Hopefully my wallet can handle all this.

Captain Becker

Yep, I was warned weeks ago that the prices for POTC might be a little high even in Oz.....the cabin set I have been hinted at over 20 bucks AU ! :pir-oh3:

14,99 cabin

26,99 Isla de la muerta

26,99 fountain

39,99 cannibals

49,99 mill

59,99 London

89,99 lighthouse

Wow, that's really heavily overprized, as I see it. Especially because most of them are 10 more Euros than USD. Okay, that's not entirely new, but it's yet annoying. :pir-hmpf_bad: I'm not sure I'll buy them at this condition, but I'll have to wait for my anger to fade and then look forward.