Sign in to follow this  
The Penguin

The Penguin's Arkham Asylum.

Wow penguin! This is truly amazing! :cry_happy: I think the front of the building is amazing, but the highlight is the cell block! I really like the way that you have customized some of the characters :classic:

The only thing that could be changed would be the lobby area, and the path infront of the building (I like the path, it just needs to be surrounded by something).

Apart from that, I would go as far to say it is one of the best, if not the best!! :classic: The only other contender would be:

aa_rear.jpg

and this one

02.jpg

I really love the way that we are taken round as if actually there, as the ending is very good :tongue: It would be good if we could see a comic or another moc including this fantastic building!

I just have a final question which is: How big is your lego collection? And are your mocs built from sets you have already bought or do you order of bricklink?

Thank you for showing us your fantasic moc,

Ashoka~ :classic:

This is amazing! All those cells filled up with villains.

Only thing missing are guards. I only spotted one or two, with such an army of Evil around you, I wouldn't want to do their job for any ammount of money!

That is REALLY AWESOME!! It is so atmospheric, creepy, and insane. You really captured the darkness and insanity of the place. GREAT JOB.

Wow penguin! This is truly amazing! :cry_happy: I think the front of the building is amazing, but the highlight is the cell block! I really like the way that you have customized some of the characters :classic:

The only thing that could be changed would be the lobby area, and the path infront of the building (I like the path, it just needs to be surrounded by something).

Apart from that, I would go as far to say it is one of the best, if not the best!! :classic: The only other contender would be:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/rwinder/...les/aa_rear.jpg

and this one

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/AlexEylar/Arkham/02.jpg

I really love the way that we are taken round as if actually there, as the ending is very good :tongue: It would be good if we could see a comic or another moc including this fantastic building!

I just have a final question which is: How big is your lego collection? And are your mocs built from sets you have already bought or do you order of bricklink?

Thank you for showing us your fantasic moc,

Ashoka~ :classic:

1) Thank you for your kind comments, Ashoka! Much appreciated.

2) Well the shown MOCs are great as they are and it's a pleasure that you compare mine with those. ) :sweet:

3) A comic story see you will! ) :yoda::classic:

4) Considerably large. I've been collecting LEGO since 1989, so..... ) :classic:

This is amazing! All those cells filled up with villains.

Only thing missing are guards. I only spotted one or two, with such an army of Evil around you, I wouldn't want to do their job for any ammount of money!

Thanks a lot, Zorro! )

Well, I guess, you are right: it's prretty hadr to work in such a company. ) But I think that it's not the villains you should be afraid here mostly.... :classic:

Very nice. :thumbup:

Thank you. ) :sweet:

Hmm... Looks like a camera a hand are in his cell :P

Really, how come? ) :sweet:

Great job!

Thanks a lot! ) :classic:

That is REALLY AWESOME!! It is so atmospheric, creepy, and insane. You really captured the darkness and insanity of the place. GREAT JOB.

Thank you very much! ) :sweet: I'm glad that I've managed to give the feeling of insanity in my Arkham MOC. ) :thumbup:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :sweet:

Not bad at all, Penguin! I especially like the cell block. I detect overtones of "Arkham Asylum: A Serious House On Serious Earth".Is that at all possible, perchance? :wink:

Not bad at all, Penguin! I especially like the cell block. I detect overtones of "Arkham Asylum: A Serious House On Serious Earth".Is that at all possible, perchance? :wink:

I strongly doubt it. ) Despite being a Bat-fan, I don't really like that comic. I was inspired more by, say, "Batman of Arkham", but mostly it' my own vision of the place. )

Thank you for your comment! ) :sweet:

Good day, gentlemen! ) :sweet:

...Tanks alot, now you need to pay for the surgery to replace my chin that is currently located on the floor.

Great MOC, really mind-blowing, it is probably gonna sound like a crazy idea, but what about you make a Hush minifig to fill that empty cell?

It would look awsome, I'm sure. :wink:

P.S: For thoose who think Hush shouldn't be in Arkham, well he tried to kill his parents whe he was(dare i say) around 10 years old, that isn't normal.

Again great MOC The Penguin, can't wait for more, and with your other MOC's(wich I've searched for, and adored) I'm sure you'll do great. :thumbup:

Holy smokes, Thats incredible, It's bringing out my inner child, Want to play, re-inact scenes from the game, so much awesomness, Bravo, Bravo, *standing ovation*

:blush: I guess I should check myself in, for a while :blush:

LITTLE PEST?!?!?HOW DARE THEY?!?!?!?!?!

...and I learnt thoose songs from my old neighbor, he used to "sing" them to his wife while I helplessly tried to sleep...

Also I told harley not to get that close to the walls(it actually freaks me out) but she wouldn't listen, also I would like to change floors, Harvey has been looking at me the hole week and I'm getting... less happy...

Now really this is great, once I'm finished with it I'll post my hideout(I'm currently designing it to see what pieces I need).

Cheers.

By- A man who only doesn't like batman because hasn't gotten around to making his "pun-intended-mobile".

This sir is why I love this forum for Lego fans. What a well thought out, creative, and unique look at a MOC. I love the story and the play by play on each of Arkham's residents and the plot twist at the end had me wanting more! :laugh:

Penguin - I have looked at this MOC maybe 10 or 11 times and each one it blows me away. I just finshed the game Arkham Asylum and I have to say the MOC and photography really capture the mood that is set by the prison. Incredible job, I really think this is one of the best MOCs I have ever seen. Awesome!

Dan

This is so great! The hugeness is works greatly with the grey and the inside is just wonderful!

(Who is Simon the Pie Man?)

This is amazing

how long did it take you to build?

Wow... What a beautiful necro! :thumbup:

Read the dates please :)

Oh and Penguin. Since this was so skillfully bumped back to the top, beautiful. I never was sure how to use those castle bricks(skilfully) but now I know!

Edited by airsoftg36c

Mr Penguin, sir- this is plastic art! I love the deatils and photography! Made it all seem eery, and I love the dialogue! One question though... where is the penguin?? :sweet:

Either way, gorgeous MOC, and I hope to see more!!

Well the Penguin is of course NOT in Arkham. He's making money in his Iceberg Lounge, never to be caught by the annoying man dressing up like a bat to look cooler in the darkness. :D

Awesome work, Mr. Penguin. That's what I call an Arkham Asylum. Since it's been a few years since you made it - have you worked on it any further or did you leave it as it is on the pictures here?

Edited by Miss Kyle

Aw! :wub:

That's very nice to be posting in this thread again, since I thought everyonre had forgotten that MOC. :classic:

This is amazing

how long did it take you to build?

Thank you! ) :classic:

Well, a couple of months i guess. but as far as I recall most of the time went on waiting for BL bricks! :laugh:

Wow... What a beautiful necro! :thumbup:

Read the dates please :)

Oh and Penguin. Since this was so skillfully bumped back to the top, beautiful. I never was sure how to use those castle bricks(skilfully) but now I know!

Necro, pardon?

Thank you, I sure hope that people will continue making Bat-MOCs here on EB, since as I've always said all themes may work for Batman. ) :classic:

Mr Penguin, sir- this is plastic art! I love the deatils and photography! Made it all seem eery, and I love the dialogue! One question though... where is the penguin?? :sweet:

Either way, gorgeous MOC, and I hope to see more!!

Thank you very much. ) :sweet: I'm glad and gratefful that you like my humble MOC. Well, most of my major Bat-MOCs can be seen in my signature, and the rest in my BS folder (also can be found there). but I sure have some nice ideas, which just require time to be built. ) :classic:

As for my whereabouts:

Well the Penguin is of course NOT in Arkham. He's making money in his Iceberg Lounge, never to be caught by the annoying man dressing up like a bat to look cooler in the darkness. :D

Awesome work, Mr. Penguin. That's what I call an Arkham Asylum. Since it's been a few years since you made it - have you worked on it any further or did you leave it as it is on the pictures here?

:laugh: Thanks for clearing things. ) Actually this MOC had a sort of continuation (which explains where I were) but it was never really popular. ) :classic:

I'm afraid I had to deconstruct it and use some of the bricks for Blackgate Penitentiary, and after deconstructing this one it serves some other no less noble purpose. ) :classic:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Necro = Necropost which means that the thread was dead, and someone resurrected it. In this case, the last post in this thread was made in July '10, and then someone came along in May '[11 and posted. That's a 11 month necro.

That's not bad. Between school, chores, computer, and other anonymous things that a 18 year old kid has to do, it takes me about 2-3 months to make one of my castle MOCs.

Edited by airsoftg36c

:laugh: Thanks for clearing things. )

My pleasure :D

It's a shame it's not assembled anymore, but who knows what you will come up with next?