Derek

Indy 2009 Discussion Thread

Well, personally I want to see more Chinese looking faces for the gangsters.

For the next s9ix sets I'd still prefer only one KOTCS set, as I'm an OT fanboy and the new film already has five sets. Give Raiders one more set as well, Cruade two more sets and ToD one more as well. Then you have -

Raiders: 5 sets

Temple of Doom: 2 sets

Crusade: 3 sets

Kingdom: 6 sets

Infact, I'd prefer they scrap the new film altogether this year, we need more old sets!

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Well, personally I want to see more Chinese looking faces for the gangsters.

For the next s9ix sets I'd still prefer only one KOTCS set, as I'm an OT fanboy and the new film already has five sets. Give Raiders one more set as well, Cruade two more sets and ToD one more as well. Then you have -

Raiders: 5 sets

Temple of Doom: 2 sets

Crusade: 3 sets

Kingdom: 6 sets

Infact, I'd prefer they scrap the new film altogether this year, we need more old sets!

Yes, I'd definately prefer more OT sets, but I'd still like some Indy 4 sets. Especially since all of the sets from KotCS were either inaccurate, played a very minor part in the movie, or had no relevance at all to the movie. :laugh:

Personally, I'd like to get more dark tan Russians (generic ones), and the KGB chase scene (although I suppose now we could just use the Shanghai Chase car with the gangsters and the Motorcycle Chase bike to recreate it). I'd imagine that the warehouse scene could make a nice playset too, similar to Akator Temple or Temple Escape.

Although, two sets I'd love to get this year would be the LC tank battle and the RotLA bar brawl. These scenes would make lovely sets, and would give us some nice minifigs too. I'm also keeping my fingers crossed for a large Castle Grunwald playset, with breakable window, rotating fireplace and a chair activated stairway. It would also be the perfect excuse to give the WW2 fans some grey Nazis. :wub:

The ford tri motor would be cool if they did it right :thumbup: and smaller packs with the soviet oficer just to make it easy to get more :thumbup:

Also knowen as the 3 engine plan. From Temple of Doom

Edited by LEGOMAN132

The ford tri motor would be cool if they did it right :thumbup:

And that is???

And that is???

The plane Indy got away on at the beginning of ToD.

I'd love to see a set based on the chase through Marshall College so that we could get a Professor Jones and Mutt's motorcycle (which I would hope isn't the same type we got in Motorcycle Chase. But I love the movies so much that I'll buy any set they crank out.

I saw the pics of Shanghai Chase and Flying sets. :thumbup: They both look good, although the Wille Scott fig needs some fine-tuning. The Short Round and Gangster figs both look great, and we finnaly get a different Indy outfit. In the Flying wing set, the figs are okay, just another excuse not to get the Ark chamber set just for the ROTLA Marion fig. The muscle-bound Nazi fig needs work. The truck is great, and the Wing is okay. :thumbup:

I saw the pics of Shanghai Chase and Flying sets. :thumbup: They both look good, although the Wille Scott fig needs some fine-tuning. The Short Round and Gangster figs both look great, and we finnaly get a different Indy outfit. In the Flying wing set, the figs are okay, just another excuse not to get the Ark chamber set just for the ROTLA Marion fig. The muscle-bound Nazi fig needs work. The truck is great, and the Wing is okay. :thumbup:

The minifigs are all preliminary placeholders and will be replaced with the accurate versions.

Yes, wookiewarrior, I know :wink:. I'm just saying what I think of them now. :classic:

This new rumour thread from jedinews has just been flashed in the SW forum.

It contains some IJ sets.

click click

This new rumour thread from jedinews has just been flashed in the SW forum.

It contains some IJ sets.

click click

I was just about to post that. :tongue:

Anyway;

Graveyard (KOTCS)------------Sounds useful.

Venice Chase(TLC)-------------Could use a moped like in the game.

Air Battle(TLC)------------------Not so sure.

The Temple Of Doom (TOD)---Awesome. Hope it has Mola Ram.

Edited by booger540

I was just about to post that. :tongue:

I know.

Sorry for snitching your news. :blush:

Wow! If those are the true sets they are not the ones I expected at all. Love the idea of The Temple of Doom, wonder how they would do that?

The Graveyard from KOTCS sounds good even though I hated that scene (C'mon Indy! Why didn't you shoot him you toned down for kids gramp!)

Venice Chase certainly wasn't expected but should we get it then that means we get those cool red hats and Cruciform Sword brothers! :cry_happy:

Air Battle would be fantastic, for the Messerschmidt and biplane. It'd also mean we get more German artillery and another soldier.

(C'mon Indy! Why didn't you shoot him you toned down for kids gramp!)

It's funny how everyone in the cinema laughed when he blew the poison dart back down the blowpipe.

(It did seem funnier at the time though). But yes, Indy should have shot him! :tongue:

I expect Venice Chase will have those classic wooden boats. I hope Elsa doesn't have that scared female x2 sided head!

Wow, it sounds like there'll be some Indy sets coming in the mid-year. :sweet:

Graveyard - Sounds like a nice set. I'm hoping there'll be some nice landscaping for this one.

Venice Chase - I'm very pleased to hear that we'll be getting this set. Elsa, Professor Indy, Kazim and finally a fez cap piece. However, I find it rather likely that we'll only be getting one boat in it, as TLC don't usually make two identical vehicles in sets. Perhaps instead it could include some piers and the propeller on the ship...

Air Battle - Another set I'm pleased to see on the list. I hope that we get the German plane and the biplane, as it's possible that the set is just a recreation of the seagull scene (although the name does imply that we'll be getting two planes). The German plane should be nice though, and another German soldier is always welcome (though hopefully this one will be in a grey uniform :wub:).

Temple of Doom - Sounds very interesting. I'm not sure how they could pull this set off though, assuming that it will cost no more than the Akator Temple. The figs should be nice though, with Willie and Short Round, hopefully in different outfits than the Shanghai Chase, Mola Ram (:wub:) and some Thuggees (I could really do with some more turbans and scimitars)

In all, these sets sound very promising, and I look forward to seeing pics soon. :sweet:

While these are still just rumors, I'm inclined to believe the Jedi News gang since they were right about the two Janurary sets. I was expecting a Temple of Doom (hopefully around $100 to do it justice) and the Venice speedboats and I'm glad to see them on the list.

I'm so happy with the Indy line and I'm glad that's the only one I follow. The sets have been top notch.

Woah, this was out of the blue!

Graveyard: Sounds good, I hope it will be relatively small, and like SirNadroj's rendition.

Venice Chase: Venice?! In LEGO?! What an art...! I hope this one will be big, and have some great architecture.

Air Battle: It's nice to see more TLC sets. The planes better have a brick- built nose!

Temple of Doom: Now this set is completely against what TLG said in early 2007, about the movie being too dark. Not that I'm complaining, though, this set sounds interesting.

Air Battle hope we get good planes that look like the ones in the movie and a German piolot or 2 if we get 3 planes.

hope they do not have missiles like the new naboo star fighter.flicker fire misiles can be taken off but those the set is built around it.

Venice Chase two nice boats and some pretty coolminifigs

Graveyard new mini figs

The Temple of Doom miner car chase new mini figs

:thumbup::thumbup:

Edited by LEGOMAN132

Now these are some rumors I could take a bit more serious, since the january rumors from jedinews were all true! Indiana Jones got my favorite line and I love it to get new minifigs and vehicles and .... a temple of doom :cry_happy: !

Even if I was no big fan of the new movie, but the graveyard scene was really cool in my opinion, and TLC is really good in making landscapes, so this one is more than interesting.

We are getting Riva motorboats? Wow. That is too nice! 2 similiar vehicles seem a bit strange but anyway, the Indy vehicles were the best designs in recent years and sweet cause they never got that bulky and big as Batman for example. Also we get Elsa along with them, perhaps even Brody! (Edit: No, just saw the movie.. Brody is knocked out in the library...)

The plane chase is gettig the same minifigs as the motorcycle chase, but the planes are going to be sweet, 4-wide and accurate. I just hope the fighter is going to have some landing gear.. And well, now they made a 2nd WW fighter, there is no excuse not to make the tank sooner or later. Anyway, it was a first WW tank, not even used by germans... please, TLC!

The ... Temple of Doom.. Wow, I didn't expect that at all. Now we can forget all the nonsense about ToD being too dark, they give us the main set. I wonder if we get an elephant in this, I am crossing my fingers for one with a new nose piece! And well, this might be huge, but I am afraid TLC will cut the pieces to 1000 or 1200, even if it could have twice as much easily. So we have to make some compromises, I don't think they are going to put the complete "daytime" temple and the mines in one set, it would be too much: an entrance, the dinner room, the bedrooms, the secret passage, the complete altar with cage, the mines, some big water thing, the stone crusher, the minecars....? Ok, you all agree here, it is too much. So far they haven't been stingy in giving us minifigs with Indy sets, and I hope this one will have 10! I hope for an elephant (with new nose) and for a more daytime structure, that you can actually see it is an indian temple, not only the underground mines..

Overall, I am very very pleased to hear these news, they sound so promising. I have really high expectations for the minifigs and the design of the sets, cause so far they gave us one of the best lines ever!

Edited by Zzz

Temple of doom heh? I reckon a little building on top of the mine carts.

Minecarts are likely cause they could be re-used in that new miner theme.

I think the line about TOD being too dark went out the window when they had 1/3 of the video game based around it. It would be pretty hypocritical to feel okay making money off it in a video game but not from the toys due to the dark nature of the film.

Temple of Doom? Dark? HAH! Um...What do they think Darth Vader is? And him force-choking rebels in the game.

As far as minecarts, they could modify and use the ones from the Castle Dwarve's Mine set. Can't wait for Mola Ram.

Here's what I predict if these turn out ot be true...

Graveyard- $10, Indy, Mutt, and Cemetary warrior, landscape, maybe Ordenella's tomb? Maybe we will be getting a crystal skull in a small set!

Venice- $20, Professor Indy, Elsa, Kazim (Brody would be a stretch...) Some scenery i.e. cafe with tables and chairs, perhaps a walkway and bridge and one boat

Air Battle- $30, Indy, Henry, and pilot. Nothing more than the two planes, not too excited about this one, but will probably still get it...

Temple of Doom- Can be anywhere from $50-$100. Shirtless Indy, Shorty, Willie, Mola Ram, 2 Thuggee, Slave driver, and MAYBE a British guard or two.

Lava pit and cage that can be lowered, place for the Sankara stones, that press roller thing that Indy fights the slave driver on, big water bucket, 2 minecarts and tracks, and finally, the wooden bridge and 2-3 crocs.

Can't wait for these ones!