Kez

Building Lego sets to perfection

I only align all of the stud printing in the same way because I tend to build my sets too quickly if I don't...

I do it for the exact same reason :laugh:... However, on larger sets, I really don't care, I just make sure large roof plates or baseplates have the logo facing me. Stickers, though, I am very particular about. I don't even touch them, instead I use an Xacto blade or box cutter to align. It's nice to know so many are similar. :classic:

Wow I never even thought of aligning the logos. I do however attempt to place the stickers as perfectly as possible (usually not very good).

I think there's a fine line between attention to detail and obsession over detail. I do take the time to align the fiddly bits that never stay straight, however.

Hmm... I care about the stickers for sure. But I know if they aren't perfectly aligned I don't worry about it too much. And I've actually quit putting stickers on my sets, even if they don't look right.

I have yet to place all of the logos in the same direction. I guess I didn't know people did that :tongue: . Are they that visible on a MOC/set? I guess I haven't noticed them that much.

I know this is a bit of a necropost, but I had to say something - it's nice to know I'm not alone in this! I always try to have the Lego logos face the same way, whenever possible at least.

As for the molding pips in vintage sets, I kind of like having them visible, so I know they're original parts. :)

Edited by DPrime

You have some serious OCD issues aligning LEGO brick logo. No, I don't do that. I do however try to keep all the molding stamp hidden from external view when building all my Technic sets. That's not OCD at all.

I just like to get everything as accurate as possible, stiickers are an issue for me and to apply, but as long as there're not drooping over the edge I'm fine. I don't line my Lego logos up because I personally don't want to and some times it can affect the overall model but still we all build are sets differently, some of us like perfection while others just like sets to be built as accurate as possible, some of us apply stickers to are sets exactly some of us don't.

If I'm bothering to apply the stickers at all, I try to do it as neatly as possible.

As for logo alignment on the studs, I need my reading glasses just to see that there IS a logo on the studs :cry_sad:

I'm not so OCD that I'd put on glasses just to align the logos on the studs, but I have broken out a tray of tiles on occasion to hide them entirely. It usually looks better and it makes dusting easier.

If you have any of these alignment obsessions, do not buy the Minecraft set! It's 90% 1x1 plate's and tiles, and it's VERY noticeable when they're not all parallel.

If you have any of these alignment obsessions, do not buy the Minecraft set! It's 90% 1x1 plate's and tiles, and it's VERY noticeable when they're not all parallel.

Not a big issue as long as you work on a perfectly flat surface where you can align the edge of the 1x1 tiles!

You have some serious OCD issues aligning LEGO brick logo...

Heh, I go so far as to ensure mold markings UNDERNEATH face the same direction in the case of tiles, etc.

I know it's a bit f'ed up, but, well... whatever. :)

As for stickers, I'm pretty meticulous about them as well. I make sure the surface is clean and usually use tweezers to help with placement.

As for stickers, I'm pretty meticulous about them as well. I make sure the surface is clean and usually use tweezers to help with placement.

Wow, though I said in my earlier post that I didn't get sets to perfection tweezers sound like a good idea, I might try it in my next set.