kabel

WIP: Carrack

an improved stern:

dsc_0017.jpg

Edited by kabel

Looks good. The detail is there and it fits nicely into the shape. I'm assuming it opens into a cabin, right?

Alright, I build her for the Guilds of Historica challenge VI entry, but I thought I might as well show her here as I'm also interested in what the pirate builders think. So without further ado, the Carrack "Rose of Asgard" is done:

dsc_0349.jpg

dsc_0350.jpg

dsc_0346.jpg

more pics here when public:

http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=522918

PS: this is not a wip anymore, title can be changed

Edited by kabel

I don't see why this doesn't have any comments! The ship looks really great to me: it has a polished, finished look with a sweet shape which I really like. The view from the stern is specially nice - you've outdone yourself there.

Now for a couple of points for improvement - points which I think such a fine craft deserves.

The middle shrouds' platform is really good, but I wonder, why have you built the others turned to the inside of the ship? I don't think that is very accurate.

As I said before, the castle ought to be a little higher. I like what you did there, but why making such a low breastwork?I would keep the angle at the slopes, increasing the height by 1 or 2 bricks, and I think it would be perfect :wink:

Keep building these old vessels! I promise my next ship will be classical portuguese caravel :classic:

Edited by Frank Brick Wright

I don't see why this doesn't have any comments!

I actually wonder that myself. Maybe its becaue its still got the wip name in the topic. I also thing its because several people commented on it in the GoH forum already.

The middle shrouds' platform is really good, but I wonder, why have you built the others turned to the inside of the ship? I don't think that is very accurate.

I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean

Keep building these old vessels! I promise my next ship will be classical portuguese caravel :classic:

Oh yes, these old ships are really great and I'm sure I'll stick to this era as the great builders of this forum haven't really ventured there yet. Only problem is to get accurate information.

I'm really looking forward to that caravel though!

Ah now I see what you mean. Well I guess I relied to heavily on the Revell "Santa Maria" model (I'm currently building with my son) where the shrouds are inside. At least for the front mast that is.

Great Job :thumbup: . It does indeed have a good polished tone to it, and the sails and rigging look very realistic and nice.

real nice Kabel! I think GOHs greatest ship yet!

Wow, your model is full of life and the look of the minifigs recalls of the early 1400 medieval sailors, wich is a clever choice for a carrack.

Love all of it!

thanks for all the positive feedack and of course for the blogging. I apreciate it a lot!! :thumbup:

Lovely build!

Everything is in the right proportions !

Thanks mate, the big question actually was two or three midsections. I actually decided that two should do for carracks usually being rather round. I'm glad it worked out!