Sign in to follow this  
MagPiesRUs

Ragnarök Now - Day Seven

It can't be Carl because Carl is the town watcher. Carl knows all and sees all! :sing:

Speaking of which, why were you watching me, exactly? I thought you were all so scared Wary was going to be converted?

Right, and Canute tracked Wilhalm on night 5 and he did nothing, so he certainly didn't do any converting.

Patrekr hiding his role is idiotic, I admit, and not a townie thing to do at all.

Why was hiding my role idiotic? How is my role supposed to be useful if I tell scummy scumsters like Dragmall? What was the use in telling you my role? Nothing. You're vanilla, or so you claim, so I don't need to worry about being targetted by you unless you're scum and are lying about your role, in which case if I killed you that'd be great. Why would I tell Dragmall about my role? He was one of the main targets from yesterday, so why would I claim to a person who is likely enough a scum. Furthermore, I thought that Dragmall may actually send one of his minions after me at night which he did. I don't think it is a terrible thing that I killed Canute tonight, it helps clear some things up today, that's for sure. I should have claimed to Cranebeinn, and I would have, but I decided to wait because I figured that if he would target me, he would let me know. :wacko: And I wasn't too sure about his allegiance either. :sceptic:

You got two townies killed, and probably our most useful one right now, the tracker. Yes very helpful. :hmpf:

That aside though, your roleclaim does make some vague sense... sort of. A little convenient that you claim a townie role after the fact, when we were discussing the possibility of a scum bomb yesterday, but I guess if worst comes to worst we can lynch you later. I think the best action today is probably to lynch Wary, who still hasn't had anything to say.

Why was hiding my role idiotic? How is my role supposed to be useful if I tell scummy scumsters like Dragmall? What was the use in telling you my role? Nothing. You're vanilla, or so you claim, so I don't need to worry about being targetted by you unless you're scum and are lying about your role, in which case if I killed you that'd be great. Why would I tell Dragmall about my role? He was one of the main targets from yesterday, so why would I claim to a person who is likely enough a scum. Furthermore, I thought that Dragmall may actually send one of his minions after me at night which he did. I don't think it is a terrible thing that I killed Canute tonight, it helps clear some things up today, that's for sure. I should have claimed to Cranebeinn, and I would have, but I decided to wait because I figured that if he would target me, he would let me know. :wacko: And I wasn't too sure about his allegiance either. :sceptic:

You are missing the fact that two townies died because of your role. If you said that earlier, they would not have. :sceptic:

I killed our tracker and of course that's bad, but the fact is that if I hadn't killed him at night and we had discovered that he was town, we would probably be wasting our lynch on him today. :wacko: so that is why I'm not horribly disappointed. The death of Cranebeinn was disappointing, but as I said I didn't think he'd target me without telling me. I don't see what's the use in having a role like mine if you tell people. For all I knew I could've been saving the town yesterday by not claiming.

If I have a one-shot bomb action, then why would I have used it on a night when I know that Rurik will be the town's focus. I would have instead converted or something. Also if I had been a scum bomb I don't think I would have shouted so vocally to you and Cranebeinn last night about this impossibility of Petrus being one. :wacko:

If you're saying that there's a possibility that I am the scum killer, but I don't believe anyone is suggesting this, how did I do two kills last night? Also look at the axe that my character is carrying. We haven't seen that weapon used by the scum killer before.

I killed our tracker and of course that's bad, but the fact is that if I hadn't killed him at night and we had discovered that he was town, we would probably be wasting our lynch on him today. :wacko: so that is why I'm not horribly disappointed. The death of Cranebeinn was disappointing, but as I said I didn't think he'd target me without telling me. I don't see what's the use in having a role like mine if you tell people. For all I knew I could've been saving the town yesterday by not claiming.

If I have a one-shot bomb action, then why would I have used it on a night when I know that Rurik will be the town's focus. I would have instead converted or something. Also if I had been a scum bomb I don't think I would have shouted so vocally to you and Cranebeinn last night about this impossibility of Petrus being one. :wacko:

If you're saying that there's a possibility that I am the scum killer, but I don't believe anyone is suggesting this, how did I do two kills last night? Also look at the axe that my character is carrying. We haven't seen that weapon used by the scum killer before.

You are completely missing the point. Your action is as much a hindrance as it is a tool. In this stage of the game, it's a hindrance. I don't see why you would not have told people this. It's completely bonkers.

It seems likely, then, that Dagrun just straight up converted Wary Night 5 and Wary made up this story as an alibi.

Or night 4, rather.

Though if she was doing the converting, who was the scum killer? Not Petrus, obviously.

You may now vote. With 7 players remaining, 4 votes are required to lynch. 48 hours remain in the day.

Speaking of which, why were you watching me, exactly? I thought you were all so scared Wary was going to be converted?

Carl decided to entertain your wacky theory. He thought to himself, hey, if she's right, maybe they'll retaliate against her for finding out. Obviously Carl was wrong.

Alright, sorry folks I've been terribly busy, no excuse when we're supposed to be killing off these blasted servants but it couldn't be helped. Anyways to start off with...

By Odin's codpiece *huh* What happened last night? I get it that apparently Patrekr eliminated two of our most useful allies, but I was fully expecting this entire thing to be over. I out of everyone here was the most convinced that Petrus was scum, to me there was no inkling that she wasn't and I've got to give credit to Dragrun for that sort of bluff.

However the question is validly raised why are we still here? Obviously our work isn't done but there's not a lot of places left to look. I've read through your thoughts today and think that while they might be rightfully valid, you are operating on one mere assumption, mainly that I'm some sort of serial killer. I never lied. I've always been the Town Vigilante. I was killing servants long before I was ever contacted by Dragmall or ever got involved in his town block. You can stop and think about it, but why did I make myself known to Sveinn? Why bring that attention to myself? Why go about killing servants when they would provide me (if I was a serial killer) with the best chance of eliminating more townies as long as I kept my head out of their sights. Better yet, why not try and get in touch with them? Certainly there had to be a chance if I had claimed to Hervi, but know I went to who I thought was a townie not a scum and the Protector at that. With that knowledge why not eliminate him and give myself a better chance? Simple, because there was no need to as the Town Vigilante. Now I have no idea what was up with Gofraid and don't understand why Odin chose to reveal the things that he did, but that doesn't mean I should deny who I am just to avoid a finger being pointed at me.

Looking back I don't know why Dragrun did the thing she did, it was pretty gutsy dropping a living townie's name as her scum partner and looking back I'm guessing she was probably trying to at least by another day for herself as apparently someone on the inside told her that she was going to be killed that night by me. Which brings me to my suspicions of where we now stand. As far as I can see it there should only be 1 scum left, I mean seriously isn't 7 enough? 8 would be cruel, though I dread to think of that possibility. Carl is our trusted tracker, Sveinn our protector, Dragmall our blocker, me the vigilante, Patrekr some sort of townie killing axe owner, leaving only 2 as potential suspects assuming that these power roles are telling the truth. I agree with the logic that Wilhalm has been really quiet as of late (as expected), something we wouldn't expect from a scum faction that has to be holding on for dear life here at the end, and unless he was trying to not attract attention to himself on night 5 for some reason, I can't picture him being scum. But, stranger things have happened.

That leaves me with one candidate, Snorta.

From early on there were only two individuals who were aware of my status as the vigilante. Sveinn as I deemed him townie since he had begged for the final votes that ended up lynching the scum Gerrid on day 2 and Snorta since he had seemed so obviously set against Hervi from early on. These two were the only ones who knew my role from early on in this affair. At some point Sveinn told Dragmall of my existence, though I'm not sure when, that aside, when I look back over my discourse with Dragrun that started off this whole thing that ended up getting Petrus lynched, I find this.

Hi WBD Wary,

One of our members is converting you to scum tonight and you will join our ranks. I suggest killing Dragonator Dragmall if you want to have a chance at winning. Killing anyone else tonight puts you at risk of hurting your own team. Welcome to the scum team.

dd Dragrun

How in the world did Dragrun know I could kill? *oh2* There was no mention at all of my role in the day thread and up until this point only 3 people knew about me, the protector, the blocker, and a claimed vanilla. Now I don't know about you but if I had to guess under which claim a scum was hiding I would pick the vanilla.

Now this same individual was apparently role-copped by a now known scum. Now I would have thought that the easiest thing for a scum to do was tell the truth, if someone is a vanilla you say that they are a vanilla other wise it's going to come back and bite you in the butt later. But no, he doesn't do that, he claims that this person is supposed to have some sort of protecting action. :wacko: Why did he do that? Was it because his scummy buddy needed an alibi should he be caught targeting someone at night?

Turning to this persons overall attitude during this entire affair, I have spent much time in contemplation. Over my many years on the battle field it has struck me that those individuals who spend the most time with one weapon tend to increase in their proficiency and ability with that weapon. However he who constantly switches back and forth between a variety of weapons has a much more difficult time becoming adept at handling that role and more often than improving tends to adapt their style with one weapon to another. Now this is all talk of strategy and the inner workings of the tacticians brains but I believe it where we must delve if we are to uncover the secrets of how we operate. Now metaphor aside I believe this individual is scum mainly because she shows lack of improvement in her art. If you are a loyal Einjahr over time you learn your lessons and you abilities, style, talents, and contributions as a part of this town evolve and grow. Those that are wicked among us never see this opportunity, they are left with attempting to mimic their past performances trying their best to resemble an image they believe will serve as a satisfactory facade to the outside world. They cannot mimic something they have not experienced mainly: improvement. As many of you have noted, this individual has constantly been bickering, fighting, and so resembling their strategies and faults of old that they appear to be just that. A picture of the person they used to be, however that picture is deceiving it is not living it is not growing and developing, it is dead and is only being used to mask that which it hides, the visage of a horrible monster that even now attempts to bring this gathering to a horrific end. Time and time again I have seen this played out, as many of you can attest to. The late Canute being a prime example of this and the one in a far off tale known as Flipz. In a phrase, it is their lack of improvement that reveals that they are not trying to grow, but merely attempting to assuage us with their resemblance of a person we knew in times past. :sadnew:

Philosophy aside, let us turn to the most compelling of all the things that point toward the last of the scum that dwell among us, mainly that this individual was blocked last night and there was no scum kill. To me it is a pretty straightforward and expected strategy and I think it is to all of you, that when there is no scum kill and there has been a successful block against an individual that has proven most unhelpful and combative that we lynch them. It's almost as up well known as the point of lynching all liars and I feel that it is basic mafia Ragnarok strategy here. We have resigned ourselves to petty squabbles about third factions, scum leaders that need to eliminate or convert each other, and a whole slew of other baloney for too long. Let's stick to the tried and true and put an end to this madness. What say you?

I know what I have to say, vote: Snorta Carrotface (Scubacarrot)

You are weird.

You clearly aren't the town vigilante. I was prepared to believe you are the serial killer and that the scum is setting you up, and even though that theory does not really quite work, there you go.

Wary, you know as well as I do why there was no scum kill, and that had nothing to do with me being blocked. I am obviously town. I have PMs with Dagrun and Hervi that PROOF that I am town.

I don't know why, but you suddenly have taken a very dumb turn. You know, damn it, if Dragmall is scum after all, let him win, I don't even care anymore, I have done my best, and frankly by now Dragmall has done a good job, actually.

Vote: Wary (Waterbrick Down)

Not improving? :cry_sad: Your statement does not even make sense on that point, Canute was town. And I don't need to improve. I am at my peak. :tongue:

Can you post those PMs, please? It'd be some nice insight.

No because it's tedious. You should have an idea from the past days, I haven't exactly been holding stuff back. For example, on day two or three I have my suspicious conversation with Hervi in thread.

No because it's tedious. You should have an idea from the past days, I haven't exactly been holding stuff back. For example, on day two or three I have my suspicious conversation with Hervi in thread.

Suspicious also. I don't think your suspicious conversation quite cuts it, I had one of those too and it that doesn't seem to have stopped you from suspecting me. How about I vote: Snorta Carrotface (Scubacarrot) to get you talking. I want to see these so called PMs which clear you.

Suspicious also. I don't think your suspicious conversation quite cuts it, I had one of those too and it that doesn't seem to have stopped you from suspecting me. How about I vote: Snorta Carrotface (Scubacarrot) to get you talking. I want to see these so called PMs which clear you.

:laugh:

Vote Count

Wary the Black (Waterbrick Down) - 2 votes (Scouty, Scubacarrot)

Snotra Carrotface (Scubacarrot) - 2 votes (Waterbrick Down, Dragonator)[/i]

With 7 players remaining, a majority of 4 is required for a conviction. There are 36 hours left in the day.

I mean, it would help to be bald to clinch this and the pms would help, but I suppose we have enough from you that makes me comfortable in keeping my vote on Wary.

I think we're on the last scum, I really do, and he's only just prolonging the inevitable, which I can see Wary guilty of trying (though credit to him for fighting for so long). He hasn't killed a scum since Dagrun, but what choice does he have? Ignore us and immediately become suspicious? Or maybe he still holds his serial killer aspirations?

Lets test that out, shall we?

Help to be able to clinch, not bald. Sveinn has fantastic silvery locks upon his head.

Vengeance is a sweet thing and Wary has a been a megablockin' megablocker in our past life. Wouldn't be surprised if he's trying his luck at megablockin' in this life as well.

Vote: Wary the Black (Waterbrick Down)

I have to say though that I don't much like Snotra's town. And I don't see how any conversations you could have had with pig-faced piggy boy could clear you. Still, for now I prefer to go for Wary. Besides, we have no real evidence that Dagrun's conversion didn't go through. Although it would seem rather odd if he killed her but was converted by her on the same night. :wacko: Still, I think he is the way to go.

You clearly aren't the town vigilante. I was prepared to believe you are the serial killer and that the scum is setting you up, and even though that theory does not really quite work, there you go.

So even as a townie I should lie just to keep my neck safe? No, I cannot and I will not, especially for a smug scum like yourself. You just find it easier to paint me as some sort of serial killer rather than looking at the things that point towards the contrary. The one thing that your entire assumption is based upon is Gofraid, place that aside and look at my involvement thus far, look at the scum I have brought to justice with my sword, look at the suspicions I have harbored and confided in confidence to those among you. I will not back down from the good I have given this town as its vigilante and I will certainly not stoop to lies to fit your scummy painting of me, Snorta.

Besides my points still stand, how did Dragrun know of my killing ability when only yourself, Sveinn, and Dragmall were the only ones privvy to that knowledge? Why did Beorn label you as having some sort of protecting role when it clearly would have been simpler to tell the truth to Dragmall and say you were a vanilla? Why was there no scum kill last night and it was you that was blocked?

Looks like we had all messed it up yesterday... clearly... we had gotten some of our facts wrong,, and it is time to correct them. It's interesting to see new developments and we are very much near and hope to make the right judgement as a whole.