Sandy

Mafia School: A Bedtime Story - Day One

First off, I'm sorry that I couldn't be here any sooner. I have school urges that need to be taken care of. Care to join me anyone? (Not Prince charming.) :devil:

It seems as though you are dodging the question, panicking, and making excuses. I'll keep an eye on you.

Cindy and I were involved in a little hay romping. It would be my pleasure, quite literally, if you could join us. Two is company, but three is a crowd. What are crowds for! You're more than welcome, Snow White, really!

Not at all. It shows I'm dedicated to helping the Good Guys win this thing. Post lists are often quite helpful in weeding out scummy players who fly under the radar. Scum don't like to draw attention to themselves; if I were Scum, posting four times as much as any other player would be a monumentally stupid move--as you can see, almost all of the attention is on me. If I were Scum, I'd have to worry about saying things that would incriminate me later, and I'd be having to worry about that four or more times as often as any other potential Scum. It's impossible to keep that amount of lies straight for any period of time.

Wrong. Scum like to hide under the radar, where they aren't in the spotlight and thus don't have to focus on making up consistent lies that sound like the truth. Even though they're lying liars that lie, even the most talented liar can't keep a story straight forever, and the more they talk the harder that gets.

How? Enlighten me.

So much talking, Cindy? Really? There are more important things in life than finding out the murderer. We will all die one day, unless the fairytales of living happily ever after are true, so there's no need to prolong our lives if we won't enjoy the moments we have. I'm beginning to consider dumping you for Snow White who seems a slightly quieter sort. No, that's not a threat...yet, but I'll have to test her out before I make any serious threats. Come now, I haven't had your attention for more than 1 minute at any time for almost the entire day. And all of this over a pig???

Oh, and in response to this from Rapunzel:

I had a window open

I would seriously advise you not to do that, not only because it appears like you're logged in anonymously (which is scummy), but also because workplace administrators can see you have a window open even if it's not visible, and you can get in trouble with your boss. Just a heads-up! :wink:

Also, don't reply to quotes the way you did, if it's too much of a pain to copy/paste the quote tags, just break your response up or number it. When you respond completely inside a quote box like that, people can't direct quote you later, which sort of breaks the whole game situation. :wink:

Except that I am making claims, and observations, and stating the facts, as I see them. If I were a Scum, my story would fall to pieces, not to mention I would be suicidally drawing the Good Guys' attention.

Let's also not forget that there are members of the Good Guys who have Night Actions. By drawing all this attention to myself, I'm virtually guaranteeing that I will be targeted by at least one Night Action (if I survive to the night, anyway). If I were a Scum, there are four basic actions I could be facing: cop (which would out me as Scum, not good), blocker (which would prevent me from acting, which depending on the circumstances could be good or bad), doctor (from a player who thinks the Scum and/or the vigilante might want me dead, good but not worth the price), or vigilante (which would equal my death, also not good). That's two actions that would be almost guaranteed to end my game, one that would likely cause problems for my team, and one thats sort of good but could easily be replaced by, you know, not attracting Night Actions in the first place.

On the other hand, since I'm a Good Guy, that means that, at worst, the blocker blocks me (which wouldn't really hurt the Good Guys), or the vigilante tries to kill me, but I'm hoping I'll get Doctor protection tonight so I'll be safe from both Scum and vig. And at best, the Cop investigates and confirms me, which means we have a guaranteed trusted Townie, the advantages of which are self-evident.

Cindy makes a good point. Her point gives me an idea:

How about having the GG Cop and GG Doctor come forward, and agree to investigate and protect one person during each night. If they come up GG, we have someone that we can trust; if they come up BG, we have our lynch. Either way, GGs win.

Except that I am making claims, and observations, and stating the facts, as I see them. If I were a Scum, my story would fall to pieces, not to mention I would be suicidally drawing the Good Guys' attention.

So, depending on which side you are on would decide how good your story is? Hmm, if you ask me, that seems just a bit suspicious.

Let's also not forget that there are members of the Good Guys who have Night Actions. By drawing all this attention to myself, I'm virtually guaranteeing that I will be targeted by at least one Night Action (if I survive to the night, anyway). If I were a Scum, there are four basic actions I could be facing: cop (which would out me as Scum, not good), blocker (which would prevent me from acting, which depending on the circumstances could be good or bad), doctor (from a player who thinks the Scum and/or the vigilante might want me dead, good but not worth the price), or vigilante (which would equal my death, also not good). That's two actions that would be almost guaranteed to end my game, one that would likely cause problems for my team, and one thats sort of good but could easily be replaced by, you know, not attracting Night Actions in the first place.

Some good points here, if you are indeed scum it seems as though most of situations would turn out bad. BUT, from what I know of the Mafia, they work together, so unless you were a vigilante, or the Mafia boss, the worst that could happen is you die from the vigilante, or get outed (most likely) as the scum.

On the other hand, since I'm a Good Guy, that means that, at worst, the blocker blocks me (which wouldn't really hurt the Good Guys), or the vigilante tries to kill me, but I'm hoping I'll get Doctor protection tonight so I'll be safe from both Scum and vig. And at best, the Cop investigates and confirms me, which means we have a guaranteed trusted Townie, the advantages of which are self-evident.

Exactly what I thought. "but I'm hoping I'll get Doctor protection tonight so I'll be safe from both Scum and vig" the fact that you are practically begging for protection proves that you are most likely a scum, and you realize what a bad spot you may be in, so you simply ask for protection because you are already know someone is going to be coming after you. Though we may just have to wait to see what the sheriff finds out overnight.

Thinking more:

Perhaps the GG Cop and GG Doctor need not come forward. All that needs to be done is for someone to come forward as a candidate for investigation. The Cop and Doctor can work behind-the-scenes.

I am a candidate.

Oh, and in response to this from Rapunzel:

I would seriously advise you not to do that, not only because it appears like you're logged in anonymously (which is scummy), but also because workplace administrators can see you have a window open even if it's not visible, and you can get in trouble with your boss. Just a heads-up! :wink:

Also, don't reply to quotes the way you did, if it's too much of a pain to copy/paste the quote tags, just break your response up or number it. When you respond completely inside a quote box like that, people can't direct quote you later, which sort of breaks the whole game situation. :wink:

Thanks!

:hmpf: Oh, pah-lease, you're just jealous because you left me and now I've found someone hotter than you. :grin:

Also, I didn't consider Pig a pig, I considered him a person. (Now that he's dead, of course, I consider him pork, but that's because I haven't had breakast yet.) You, on the other hand, are scum, whether or not you're "Bad Guy" Scum. :hmpf_bad:

Complement taken. Prince Charming go and grab your pet puppet and leave the rest of us alone.

The breakfast does sound good to me. I've been attempting to catch your attention to it for a little while now. Some women are rather hard to please.

Accusing everyone, but pointing no fingers away from yourself? Sounds like the actions of scum. I have saved a king, and have my own movie. But then again, so do you... :sceptic:

One should never obstinately deny the possiblility of one being the killer entirely, if you catch my drift. After all, I could be the killer, but not know it. Mental problems, you know. I wouldn't be surprised now, from the looks of it, that Cindy is the killer though. For, although she is sweet in bed (need I stress that more?), she does appear to have some mental issues. As I always say though, "one needs only lie with a woman, not sleep with her." I suppose this may be my motto for my relationship with Cindy for now. She scares me somewhat, you know?

Thinking more:

Perhaps the GG Cop and GG Doctor need not come forward. All that needs to be done is for someone to come forward as a candidate for investigation. The Cop and Doctor can work behind-the-scenes.

I am a candidate.

Yeah, if they come forward, the Mafia will be quick to take them out, which would NOT be good.

Thinking more:

I am a candidate.

I can't believe you would even mention that! Let the doc and cop come out openly so the scum can pick them out later - thereby severely crippling the town's chance to win.

Thinking more:

I am a candidate.

Uh...the scum would kill them before you could say "I'm dead!"

Just thought of something: What if you're scum and you're just baiting us? I know that my vote will is between you and Cindy....

Cindy makes a good point. Her point gives me an idea:

How about having the GG Cop and GG Doctor come forward, and agree to investigate and protect one person during each night. If they come up GG, we have someone that we can trust; if they come up BG, we have our lynch. Either way, GGs win.

Seriously?!? :wacko: Snow White, I'm beginning to distrust your mental strength as well. Is there no hot, young females around who can think clearly and quietly?

So much talking, Cindy? Really? There are more important things in life than finding out the murderer. We will all die one day, unless the fairytales of living happily ever after are true, so there's no need to prolong our lives if we won't enjoy the moments we have. I'm beginning to consider dumping you for Snow White who seems a slightly quieter sort. No, that's not a threat...yet, but I'll have to test her out before I make any serious threats. Come now, I haven't had your attention for more than 1 minute at any time for almost the entire day. And all of this over a pig???

Um, what are you talking about? What do you think we've been doing the entire time I've been talking, playing checkers? :wacko::laugh:

So, depending on which side you are on would decide how good your story is? Hmm, if you ask me, that seems just a bit suspicious.

Some good points here, if you are indeed scum it seems as though most of situations would turn out bad. BUT, from what I know of the Mafia, they work together, so unless you were a vigilante, or the Mafia boss, the worst that could happen is you die from the vigilante, or get outed (most likely) as the scum.

Exactly what I thought. "but I'm hoping I'll get Doctor protection tonight so I'll be safe from both Scum and vig" the fact that you are practically begging for protection proves that you are most likely a scum, and you realize what a bad spot you may be in, so you simply ask for protection because you are already know someone is going to be coming after you. Though we may just have to wait to see what the sheriff finds out overnight.

Simply put: Good Guys (with the possible exception of Doctors) don't need to lie. Therefore, a skilled Good Guy will NOT lie (again, unless they are the Doctor), and so their story will hold. Scum, on the other hand, have to lie, and so their lies can be undone. A good Scum will lie as little as possible in order to minimize that risk, but the best way to do that is for them to speak as little as possible. I really can't think of a clearer way to put this. Well, maybe...if my argument is still not making sense, let me know, and I'll try a slightly different way of saying it.

All three of which would hurt the Scum immensely. From a Scum perspective it would be better not to get into that situation in the first place.

No, I'm recognizing that I am an exceptionally active Good Guy. Active Good Guys are the bane of Scum, and they will want them dead as quickly as possible. At the same time, my activity has drawn a lot of suspicions, and an overzealous Vigilante may decide to investigate my alignment the permanent way--by killing me. (I say overzealous because it would be just as easy, and far more helpful to Town, for the Cop to investigate me.) Either way, I am the most logical target for Doctor protection.

Thinking more:

I am a candidate.

As am I. :thumbup:

Complement taken. Prince Charming go and grab your pet puppet and leave the rest of us alone.

The breakfast does sound good to me. I've been attempting to catch your attention to it for a little while now. Some women are rather hard to please.

One should never obstinately deny the possiblility of one being the killer entirely, if you catch my drift. After all, I could be the killer, but not know it. Mental problems, you know. I wouldn't be surprised now, from the looks of it, that Cindy is the killer though. For, although she is sweet in bed (need I stress that more?), she does appear to have some mental issues. As I always say though, "one needs only lie with a woman, not sleep with her." I suppose this may be my motto for my relationship with Cindy for now. She scares me somewhat, you know?

You can lie with this woman as long as you like :wub: , as long as you never lie to her. That would mean a one-way trip through the mirror. :devil:

Yeah, if they come forward, the Mafia will be quick to take them out, which would NOT be good.

I can't believe you would even mention that! Let the doc and cop come out openly so the scum can pick them out later - thereby severely crippling the town's chance to win.

Just thought of something: What if you're scum and you're just baiting us? I know that my vote will is between you and Cindy....

1. I thought of this eight after I presented my idea; that is why I revised my plan.

2. I'm not Scum. If I were, I wouldn't make myself a candidate for investigation.

Seriously?!? :wacko: Snow White, I'm beginning to distrust your mental strength as well. Is there no hot, young females around who can think clearly and quietly?

"Are there", not "Is there". And I thought that I was ignorant from living with those Dwarves. :hmpf:

Grammar aside, as I said before, I changed my plan once I thought a bit more about it. Damn the "No editing" rule

Hello everybody. Again I am a tad late to the party, but lots of the day to go still!

Day one there is never really anything to go on, other than pure speculation. Only the way characters act, but can be tricky sometimes. For Scum can be very active to fool you as town, or fly under the radar.

Also identifying the good guys' doctor and protector is definately a bad idea! *huh*

For those taking notes:

I meant "Right", not "Eight". Phone

Hello everybody. Again I am a tad late to the party, but lots of the day to go still!

Day one there is never really anything to go on, other than pure speculation. Only the way characters act, but can be tricky sometimes. For Scum can be very active to fool you as town, or fly under the radar.

Also identifying the good guys' doctor and protector is definately a bad idea! *huh*

:wall: I know! Please remember my revision. :facepalm:

I believe the statement you quoted was a retraction of that very sentiment. Snow's new suggestion is for candidates for investigation/protection to come forward--a good idea, in this case. It's not foolproof, but it's a start, until we have a few confirmed Good Guys to help coordinate the power roles.

I believe the statement you quoted was a retraction of that very sentiment. Snow's new suggestion is for candidates for investigation/protection to come forward--a good idea, in this case. It's not foolproof, but it's a start, until we have a few confirmed Good Guys to help coordinate the power roles.

Correct.

If I were a Scum, there are four basic actions I could be facing: cop (which would out me as Scum, not good), blocker (which would prevent me from acting, which depending on the circumstances could be good or bad), doctor (from a player who thinks the Scum and/or the vigilante might want me dead, good but not worth the price), or vigilante (which would equal my death, also not good). That's two actions that would be almost guaranteed to end my game, one that would likely cause problems for my team, and one thats sort of good but could easily be replaced by, you know, not attracting Night Actions in the first place.

There's alwys the possibility that there could be some strange, new, unique night action in this game, like (This isn't real, just a silly suggestion) a Carol-er, someone who could look beyond the looking glass and get info from the deceased. The white rabbit hasn't postedtalked much yet. He must be busy with some carrots... :devil:

There's alwys the possibility that there could be some strange, new, unique night action in this game, like (This isn't real, just a silly suggestion) a Carol-er, someone who could look beyond the looking glass and get info from the deceased. The white rabbit hasn't postedtalked much yet. He must be busy with some carrots... :devil:

May I remind you that this is Mafia School a relatively simple realm, and that complicated effects like that are usually reserved for Advanced games beyond the magical skill of any of us here? :wink:

Um, what are you talking about? What do you think we've been doing the entire time I've been talking, playing checkers? :wacko::laugh:

You can lie with this woman as long as you like :wub: , as long as you never lie to her. That would mean a one-way trip through the mirror. :devil:

I'm sorry, but as I said, I prefer not to have an audience as...you know...

What's so bad about this looking glass anyway. It's pretty to look at. It's not like we'll die or anything...I think...Why don't we all just step through it together and live happily ever after forever on the other side. :wacko:

"Are there", not "Is there". And I thought that I was ignorant from living with those Dwarves. :hmpf:

Grammar aside, as I said before, I changed my plan once I thought a bit more about it. Damn the "No editing" rule

I agree with you about the "no editing rule". I meant to change that. Boy, it's tough keeping up with everyone's conversation. As I begin to say something, three other people say something, and I need to review my memory banks to recall what it was they said. Where is that blasted Genie when I need it.

And the magic carpet! Of all things! I should begin my search for it. Snowy and Cindy, once I find it, how would you two like to fly away. It's far better than flying solo.

Well, she looks a bit evil...and don't even get me started on Cinderella's maliciousness.

All these accusations are getting a bit weird....

Excuse me?!?!?! :angry: I never said that I wanted him. I just said he was a smart! Don't deny his genius. I'm betting on him to root out the real bad guys. I'm sure he's already pondering who they could be.

Well, if you're trying to please Cinderella, you're better off with Mr. Bear.

Eh, maybe I'm taking this fight with Cinderella a bit too far. I'll wait and see if she does something hostile at me. Then...the fight shall be back on!

<snip>

No, I'm recognizing that I am an exceptionally active Good Guy. Active Good Guys are the bane of Scum, and they will want them dead as quickly as possible. At the same time, my activity has drawn a lot of suspicions, and an overzealous Vigilante may decide to investigate my alignment the permanent way--by killing me. (I say overzealous because it would be just as easy, and far more helpful to Town, for the Cop to investigate me.) Either way, I am the most logical target for Doctor protection.

You're generalizing everything on how an ideal scum/townie would be behave. Not everything is black and white as you put it to be.

It seems you have already mapped out everything pretty well.

1. Town convicts you.

2. Scum kills you.

3. Vigilante kills you.

Why should the doctor protect you if you're going to die anyway? I would rather he/she protect him/her - self as this would be a sure fire way to maintain +1 townie out of all this.

Good to see you made your appearance Rabbit, but do you have anything else to add to our current discussion?

Excuse me?!?!?! :angry: I never said that I wanted him. I just said he was a smart! Don't deny his genius. I'm betting on him to root out the real bad guys. I'm sure he's already pondering who they could be.

Well, if you're trying to please Cinderella, you're better off with Mr. Bear.

The puppet is not even a bear of very little brains. He's a mindless toy, quite literally, fit for no other purposes then your own perverse ones.

Well, we shall see about that, won't we? It seems I'm more of a gentleman than you. At least I know how to please my ladies. Although you really seem to be pleasing that puppet. :devil: Or is it the puppet that's pleasing you?

The puppet is not even a bear of very little brains. He's a mindless toy, quite literally, fit for no other purposes then your own perverse ones.

Well, we shall see about that, won't we? It seems I'm more of a gentleman than you. At least I know how to please my ladies. Although you really seem to be pleasing that puppet. :devil: Or is it the puppet that's pleasing you?

Well why don't we ask the puppet himself? And you're a bit twisty with your words. That seems like a good bad guy trait.

You're generalizing everything on how an ideal scum/townie would be behave. Not everything is black and white as you put it to be.

It seems you have already mapped out everything pretty well.

1. Town convicts you.

2. Scum kills you.

3. Vigilante kills you.

Why should the doctor protect you if you're going to die anyway? I would rather he/she protect him/her - self as this would be a sure fire way to maintain +1 townie out of all this.

Uh, I'm fairly sure that Doctors can't protect themselves. For one thing, unless the player was exceptionally selfless they would just protect themselves the whole time, which is against the spirit of the game even with magic it's hard to perform surgery on yourself. :wink: