Sign in to follow this  
Pandora

The Curse of IMHOTEP - Day One

Great, just great. I come here looking for a few artifacts to display in my museum, and now we've got cultists among us tryin' to kill us. :hmpf: How am I supposed to hunt for artifacts if I'm dead? Hm?

Okay, so obviously we need to find the protector to shield us from the anys the cultists are trying to commit. Has anyone ever been anyed before? It sounds painful...

No, I've never been any'ed, and I don't plan to ever get any'ed. Like you said, it sounds very painful. :look:

Well, no matter what those cultists plan on doing to us, it's obvious that we need to get rid of them first, like Ossie and Is said. And we can't do that if we're just hangin' around eatin' scorpion balls (although I do love the juicy meat of a scorpion! :drool:). We need to take action against these cultists!

And I can't eat Scorpions, the stomach gets queasy. Does anyone have a kit kat bar?

*Hands Amed a FiberOne bar*. Nadir thinks that he won't be cleaning up after you.

It's 1936, the egyptian education system must be terrible! Instead they feed you people nonsense about Internets... Pfff!

If we have a talking camel and Fiber One bars, we have the internet, OK? :hmpf:

Heavens to Mergatroid. :hmpf_bad:

Also, Nadir is starting to think this Mehmed character pretty strange. He doesn't even know what year it is, so does he even know how to cook?

Also, Nadir is starting to think this Mehmed character pretty strange. He doesn't even know what year it is, so does he even know how to cook?

It's not like time has anything to do with cooking. OK, I think the Fried Scorpion Balls are ready! I've been frying them for about 6 hours. They should be nice and al dente. I hope you appreciate the work I put into this dish. Removing a scorpion's balls is very difficult work.

What is the internet? This KitKat Bar, this Fiber-One Bar, they are delicacies made in my village. Nadir has brought some and is sharing with me. And the talking camel is not strange. We have herds of them, all over. My father would take me hunting for them all the time, we'd bring back meat to last us for ages. Of course, my meat always had to be charred so I couldn't see the color...

It's not like time has anything to do with cooking. OK, I think the Fried Scorpion Balls are ready! I've been frying them for about 6 hours. They should be nice and al dente. I hope you appreciate the work I put into this dish. Removing a scorpion's balls is very difficult work.

Oh, thank you, Mehmet. I can't think on an empty stomach. Especially a stomach that isn't full of balls. Let's have our meal, and then we can think about who we're going to lynch today.

What is the internet? This KitKat Bar, this Fiber-One Bar, they are delicacies made in my village. Nadir has brought some and is sharing with me. And the talking camel is not strange. We have herds of them, all over. My father would take me hunting for them all the time, we'd bring back meat to last us for ages. Of course, my meat always had to be charred so I couldn't see the color...

And just what are these 'bars' made out of? :look:

Oh, thank you, Mehmet. I can't think on an empty stomach. Especially a stomach that isn't full of balls. Let's have our meal, and then we can think about who we're going to lynch today.

Lynch? That would be a waste, considering we have to feed this rock so we can get out of here. :sceptic: Unless we can feed the rock dead people...?

Oh, thank you, Mehmet. I can't think on an empty stomach. Especially a stomach that isn't full of balls.

Nobody wants you running around with an empty gut. Everyone would prefer you getting some balls in your gut, believe me. :tongue:

Pure gold and cocoa. It's good for the immune system! :sweet:

I'm not sure if gold is the healthiest thing to be eating. :look: Still, I do love cocoa, though.

Lynch? That would be a waste, considering we have to feed this rock so we can get out of here. :sceptic: Unless we can feed the rock dead people...?

And by lynch of course meant feed to the rock. Like I said, I can't think on an empty stomach.

Nobody wants you running around with an empty gut. Everyone would prefer you getting some balls in your gut, believe me. :tongue:

:laugh_hard::rofl::grin:

Maybe he meant lunch. Like lunch for the rock. Though at sundown he'd be eating dinner. Fools.

Maybe he meant lunch. Like lunch for the rock. Though at sundown he'd be eating dinner. Fools.

Excuse me? He? :hmpf_bad: I am a woman, and proud to be one.

I'm sorry. I was going off appearance, and you appear as an ugly man. :laugh::sweet::look::blush: Was that mean? I'm sorry. Would you like a Baby Ruth? I'll give you a prize if you can figure out what that bar is made out of. :sweet: But I bet you're too stupid for that.

Excuse me? He? :hmpf_bad: I am a woman, and proud to be one.

And a damn fine woman too :wub:

So, we have some evil doers among us. I'm sure my clever boss will figure out who they are. Meanwhile, I'll have some breakfast. Mmmm, yummy scorpion balls.

I just noticed your nice new hat, Aloysius. Are you assisting Mehmet with the cooking chores today?

Very kind of you to notice, my dear fellow! It is an authentic toque from France. I thought I would put it to good use and help prepare these delicious scorpion balls. With my intelligence and Mehmet's opposable thumbs, we make a good team.

Now to prepare a meal for that dreadful statue. Does anybody have any ideas who to begin with?

Phwa? Scorpion balls? Bars made of Gold and Cocoa? Ha! Poppycock! Sounds like the food they used to give us back in India, in the Mess halls. Those were the days, dontcha know? Except for the heat - blistering - dontcha know? ... Rather like here... Phaw? Oh, yes, food! Spiffing!

Cultists? Dark side? The masses will LOVE this! Oooh, when I publish this, I will be the most famous reporter in all of Scotland! My name, Mellifluous Murgatroyd, will be on everyone's lips!

Mellifluous, such a typical Scottish name! :wub: And the Clan Murgatroyd, so well known for their courageous deeds, and their prowess at the Highland Games! :snicker:

Now to prepare a meal for that dreadful statue. Does anybody have any ideas who to begin with?

We haven't even heard from everyone -- not that it would necessarily lead us anywhere. Besides Mehmet's (perhaps innocent) lapsus, nothing trips any alarms this far. Why don't we bring out the booze and get naked, that would certainly untie some tongues? :sweet:

Would you like a Baby Ruth? I'll give you a prize if you can figure out what that bar is made out of.

Is the name literal? :look:

As far as lynching today, I can't think of any way to start. Are there penalties for not lynching?

*goes to check*

I'm sorry. I was going off appearance, and you appear as an ugly man. :laugh::sweet::look::blush: Was that mean? I'm sorry. Would you like a Baby Ruth? I'll give you a prize if you can figure out what that bar is made out of. :sweet: But I bet you're too stupid for that.

Quiet, you, or I'll put on my pink dress. I know how much you'll hate that. :grin:

So, we have some evil doers among us. I'm sure my clever boss will figure out who they are.

As clever as my gut is I am, there's no evidence today, so I can't think of where to start at the moment. It's early in the day, though, and like Nicholas said, some people haven't even spoken up yet.

As far as lynching today, I can't think of any way to start. Are there penalties for not lynching?

*goes to check*

I don't believe so. Ossie and Is said that we must make a sacrifice before sundown, but the rules don't say that we absolutely have to make a decision today, and they don't give any penalties for not voting. Although it does say that in the event of a tie, the first person to reach that number of votes will be sacrificed. I don't know if that applies to 0 votes or not, and if it does, I don't know how they're going to choose who got 0 votes first. Maybe they'll randomly choose someone? :wacko:

In any case, running away from the decision we must make won't do us any good.

Ossie and Is said that we must make a sacrifice before sundown, ...

I wouldn't read too much into that. They seem to use that word a lot. It doesn't seem to mean we must make a sacrifice. The way you've worded it makes it seem that way, but Ossie and Is don't seem to be telling us we absolutely have to.

I wouldn't read too much into that. They seem to use that word a lot. It doesn't seem to mean we must make a sacrifice. The way you've worded it makes it seem that way, but Ossie and Is don't seem to be telling us we absolutely have to.

You're probably right about that. Things do sound more dramatic when they're decisive, after all. :grin:

You're probably right about that. Things do sound more dramatic when they're decisive, after all. :grin:

Plus, they're British.

Plus, they're British.

That too.

Well, it actually looks like we might be able to get out of having to lynch today after all by just not voting at all. I'm personally not a fan of just sitting around and waiting for something to happen, but it might actually be the best course of action today. What does everyone else think?

Is the name literal? :look:

That's disgusting. We're not savages. A Baby Ruth is made out of vulture feathers, camel hide, and olives. It tickles the throat on the way down. :classic:

As for the lynch lunch dinner of the great statue, I feel that the way that our hosts in this valley phrased it, the rocky face won't much like it if we don't give him something to chow on.