Derfel Cadarn

Avalonia Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

Your workshop is brilliant "Da Gothia".

We are looking forward to your production :)

Hail Avalonia

Thanks guys!

I must say that I´m really pleased with all the mocs popping out here in Avalonia! Great work everybody!

Looking good sir! I like the added Avalonia colours built in and the interesting stone details. What's that in the background, a secret castle?

Thank you kindly, m'lord!

In the distance is a screen of illusion. It is temporarily showing the north gate of New Kingdom City, the main city and stronghold loosely based on Anhk-Morpork in an alternate universe knows as "Velaria."

[A six+ year build, about 80% complete. Here's an early WIP shot from two years ago.]

nkc_prev.jpg

Also, great work everyone! de Gothia, the siege workshop is another fantastic build.

ZCerberus, your farm is great! Loving the details, design, and use of color.

Edited by Jason Cicchini

Great work everybody! Im very impressed with commitment and builds coming from you all. You do the guild very proud indeed. We really have got off to a great start in creating our land. Its really great to see members coming up with their own ideas of what the land needs and getting on and building it. I think we can fairly say we are ahead of the other guilds in terms of building our land and it seems we are setting the trend. A great effort from all members and I hope it continues :thumbup:

Looking at all the builds we have, I think it would help if I added a list in the first post of every build and its location, then update it as new builds come through. This will then help out our Cartographers when it comes to updating the map, plus it will allow us to see how our land is progressing and what buildings we have.

Keep up the great work everybody!

My bid for the "High King of Elves" task.

The intrepid and well traveled Elf Queen has made her way to Darwynia, to discuss trade affairs and relations. They are discussing current affairs as they make their way to the conference room in Dragon's tongue.

[More pics to follow soon.]

elfqueenmeetskelperth.jpg

Edited by Jason Cicchini

dsc03280-2.jpg

Do you like gatherings?

Very nice. I can see several Avatars perfectly represented here. Looks like my sigfig forgot the gold armor for this journey. Good to see he kept the helmet though!

I am definately going to have to make some sigfigs like you did as well to scatter through out some MOCs.

My bid for the "Prince of the Forest" task.

The intrepid and well traveled Elf Queen has made her way to Darwynia, to discuss trade affairs and relations. They are discussing current affairs as they make their way to the conference room in Dragon's tongue.

[More pics to follow soon.]

elfqueenmeetskelperth.jpg

Are you sure you don't mean 'High King Of The Elves' task. Seems to have more in common with that then the 'Prince Of the Forest' task.

I loved your map, and wondered if it we be too much of a problem if you update it every month or 2. I am planning on writing a list on the first page listing all the buildings and their location which will hopefully make your life easier when adding them to the map. Do what ever you find easiest for you, I will leave it up to you. Keep up the great work!

Very nice. I can see several Avatars perfectly represented here. Looks like my sigfig forgot the gold armor for this journey. Good to see he kept the helmet though!

I am definately going to have to make some sigfigs like you did as well to scatter through out some MOCs.

I agree, they look great and I must also start adding sigfigs into some mocs. I will hopefully add some in the completed village.

Are you sure you don't mean 'High King Of The Elves' task. Seems to have more in common with that then the 'Prince Of the Forest' task.

I loved your map, and wondered if it we be too much of a problem if you update it every month or 2. I am planning on writing a list on the first page listing all the buildings and their location which will hopefully make your life easier when adding them to the map. Do what ever you find easiest for you, I will leave it up to you. Keep up the great work!

Whoops! Yes, that's the category I meant! ::edits::

I'm currently working on a major update to the map, probably finished in a few days.

dsc03280-2.jpg

Do you like gatherings?

You got my staff wrong and seemed to have forgotten a bit of ZCerberus' armour, but apart from that, very good.

Hello fellow guildsmen! We've been apart of the guild for some time and I've been building like crazy :) Allot of what we'll post in the next month is for the CCC and crosses over completely into our fantasy Avalonian forest realm. So here is our first donation to the mighty guild of Avalonia, filled with joy and beauty. A land worth protecting filled with Dryads and Nymphs, and all the little forestlings. :)

6444040493_d7e8ff1bab.jpg

For the full story and detailed shots go to the thread here or our flickr!

Hello fellow guildsmen! We've been apart of the guild for some time and I've been building like crazy :) Allot of what we'll post in the next month is for the CCC and crosses over completely into our fantasy Avalonian forest realm. So here is our first donation to the mighty guild of Avalonia, filled with joy and beauty. A land worth protecting filled with Dryads and Nymphs, and all the little forestlings. :)

6444040493_d7e8ff1bab.jpg

For the full story and detailed shots go to the thread here or our flickr!

Wow! This perfectly illustrates the ellegance of Avalonia. That Water Nymph is excellent.

Great build.

Edited by K.Kreations

Siercon and Coral: That moc is pure eye candy! It fits Avalonia so well! Great work!

Timura: That´s a really nice gathering! :classic: For Avlonia!!!

Still waiting a few pieces from BL but I wanted to put something up regardless. Hoping it is in theme with the Avalonia Agriculture

Meet Duram the Beekeeper and his son, Groslin.

They live just outside Circardia where Duram has kept bees for years. Duram also has a small apple orchard and a few vegetable plants that he harvest that gives his honey its distinct flavor. He is well known for his superior mead at local Inns, honey amongst the more affluent and provides several suppliers in Circardia wax to make candles. Here, Groslin loads up a couple barrels of mead for members of the Phoenix Guard for an upcoming feast to be hosted by Arlindus.

Duram-the-Beekeeper1-M.jpg

MOC thread here

Edited by MikeyB

Very nice MikeyB! Farms are a very important part of Avalonia.

Great builds everyone! Avalonia grows mightier every day!-K.Kreations

A few days after Christmas, I'll have my first guild MOC finished! xD I am working on The Mystic Isles. :grin:

I don´t really get your name suggestion Captain BeerBeard. Should we name our beloved capital Tyrant?

My suggestion is Albion. It means white and is an old name of England. Avalonia is just not from the Arthur stories. Avalonia is an old name for one of the old paleocontinents. This old continent is now England... So it will fit pretty well I think. And also I like the names together. Avalonia and Albion...

Greetings Guildsmen!

Excellent work all of you. Avalonia has really been on a roll recently, we are powering on, and a mighty land is unfolding thanks to all your excellent creations.

I have updated the first post and added a list of all the buildings that have been made in each area of Avalonia. They are also links to the moc, so you don't have to search through the forum to find a specific moc, its all on the first post. This is to also help our Cartographers, so they can see all the buildings and know what region of Avalonia they are in. I have only added buildings and landmark structures as a lot of the title tasks I set have been built as scenes, which means they won't be featured as a landmark on the map. Tasks that have been built as full structures like farms, temples etc, are on the list, as they can be added to the map. However, I will eventually post a list of all the task builds so they can be found easier. A lot of the mocs posted didn't have a name and were just called 'Avalonian tower' or 'watchtower of Avalonia', so I have given them a name so they stand out on the map better, as I think our map would look better if every building or landmark had a proper name rather then 'Avalonia this' and 'Avalonia that'.

If anyone has any names they want to give their buildings/mocs, then let me know, as the names I have given are just there as examples.

Keep up the good work, It shouldn't be long now till we can start on the capital :classic:

I don´t really get your name suggestion Captain BeerBeard. Should we name our beloved capital Tyrant?

My suggestion is Albion. It means white and is an old name of England. Avalonia is just not from the Arthur stories. Avalonia is an old name for one of the old paleocontinents. This old continent is now England... So it will fit pretty well I think. And also I like the names together. Avalonia and Albion...

Sounds good de gothia :thumbup: while Capn' Beerbeard's name does sound interesting, 'Tyrant' is more suited to nocturnus I think

Benoic... sounds really good My Liege!

Can my land in mighty Avalonia be namned that?

Antyria. It make's for good foreshadowing as we will eventually rule all.

Isn't Albion the name from the Fable game's?

Thank you kindly, m'lord!

In the distance is a screen of illusion. It is temporarily showing the north gate of New Kingdom City, the main city and stronghold loosely based on Anhk-Morpork in an alternate universe knows as "Velaria."

[A six+ year build, about 80% complete. Here's an early WIP shot from two years ago.]

nkc_prev.jpg

*oh2**huh* this looks awesome, very magnificent, i like the city's walls