KimT

Chrome Darth Vader

Really? Wow that's great to hear :) thank you.

Anyone else?

The chrome stormtroopers aren't chrome in some places, I'd assume the chrome vader is the same way. My review shows the unchromed part of the stormtrooper.

The chrome stormtroopers aren't chrome in some places, I'd assume the chrome vader is the same way. My review shows the unchromed part of the stormtrooper.

Yeah, but on your stormtrooper the parts without chrome are smooth and white. Just like regular stormtrooper. On my Vader there is some rough material. It really reminds me on dry glue. I dont really know how to describe it better. I dont have a very good camera to take a close photo.

Please somebody more.

Yeah, but on your stormtrooper the parts without chrome are smooth and white. Just like regular stormtrooper. On my Vader there is some rough material. It really reminds me on dry glue. I dont really know how to describe it better. I dont have a very good camera to take a close photo.

Please somebody more.

I know what you're talking about. I'm by no means an expert in the process, but I assume it has something to do with the fact that the Chrome Darth Vader has a black chrome finish, while the Chrometrooper is normal chrome.

I know what you're talking about. I'm by no means an expert in the process, but I assume it has something to do with the fact that the Chrome Darth Vader has a black chrome finish, while the Chrometrooper is normal chrome.

So your Chrome Darth Vader has the same issue?

So your Chrome Darth Vader has the same issue?

It does, as does my MISB one, and I have yet to see one that didn't.

Please somebody more.

I have a few Chrome Vaders on the one I have opened you can see the bits under the arms that aren't chromed but there's nothing like dried glue anywhere.

A couple of my unopened Vaders look like the chroming process hasn't been as successful - I'd possibly describe them as being speckled but still nothing that looks like dried glue.

Well, now i don't know if it's normal or not.

Brickdoctor says its normal and Praiter Yed says it isn't.

Does anyone of you has a good camera to take a pic of unchromed parts?

That would answer all the questions.

Edited by CaptainCRO

Perhaps you could provide us a picture of your Chrome Vader? I think that a visual of what you're talking about, even from a camera with poor quality, might help clarify what the issue is.

Now don't put words in my mouth - I didn't say it wasn't 'normal' I just said mine doesn't have it :laugh: . Plus I can't 100% vouch for the ones I've not opened.

I might get chance to take a shot tomorrow morning :wink: .

Now don't put words in my mouth - I didn't say it wasn't 'normal' I just said mine doesn't have it :laugh: . Plus I can't 100% vouch for the ones I've not opened.

I might get chance to take a shot tomorrow morning :wink: .

Sorry lol :)

OK, still good light when I got home from work so managed to take some pics. I didn't realise quite how reflective Vader was until now, it's hard to photograph chrome figures :hmpf_bad: . I think you can make out the under-arm area where the chroming hasn't been done and the very edges of the figure have a sliver of silver (try saying that after a couple of beers) but I can't see any areas like dried glue and no rough texture. Let me know if you need to see more angles as I took quite a few shots and might still get chance to shoot some more tomorrow...

chrome_vader_pics.jpg

Edited by Praiter Yed

*gasp* Is that a crack in the side of your Chrome Vader's torso, Praiter Yed? :look:

Anyways, mine is unavailable at the moment, since I was photographing a large set for the RA and my minifig box was just the right size to prop up the right side of my temporary extra-large photo background. So, could you take a pic of the inside of your minifig's legs? I should clarify for CaptainCRO, 'dried glue' is probably not the best choice of words. It's sort of speckled, with the edges silver and not black chrome.

*gasp* Is that a crack in the side of your Chrome Vader's torso, Praiter Yed? :look:

:cry_sad: That mark was there when I opened it and until now I've never considered it to be crack as it's actually under the 'chrome'. But now I wonder if the torso was cracked prior to chroming :sceptic: . Oh well, I've still got a few more :sweet:

So, could you take a pic of the inside of your minifig's legs? I should clarify for CaptainCRO, 'dried glue' is probably not the best choice of words. It's sort of speckled, with the edges silver and not black chrome.

I wasn't sure if you meant the inside of Vader's legs or his inside leg but I suspect it's the markings on the bigger picture that are the issue. I must admit I've never looked at Vaders inside leg before but this appears to be the only place on this figure where the effect occurs. The surface does look rough but feels smooth.

vaders_inside_leg.jpg

Ah, thanks! :classic: Exactly what I'm talking about, there. Yours appears to have less on the inside (inside inside, not inner side) than mine, but on the bottom of the foot and the inner side of the leg it's the same as mine.

Well, Seems like my Vader has some defect. Your is nothing like mine.

I will have to buy a new torso for my vader :/ and I still have to get white Boba. My wallet will suffer.

Tnx for pics!

Edited by CaptainCRO

Well, Seems like my Vader has some defect. Your is nothing like mine.

I will have to buy a new torso for my vader :/ and I still have to get white Boba. My wallet will suffer.

Tnx for pics!

No problem :thumbup: . It's a shame your chrome Vader is defective - would still be interesting to see some pics if possible. Where did you get your figure from? If you got it from BL you might have a case for returning it but if you got it off eBay - no chance. Also it might be worth calling Lego customer services - admittedly it's a long shot but worth a try.

Captain CRO, if you have a cellphone camera or cheapie digital camera, you can take a close up picture. just use a magnifying glass inbetween the figure and the lens of the camera. works wonders.

I will post some pics, but they are not very good quality.

Sorry for waiting, but I don't have a computer right now.

I will upload pics I promise :)