lightningtiger

MEGA-MOC - Shopping Centre

Thanks for the suggestion 'TanTile', I might put a loading dock in down by the supermarket plus there has been a slight layout change......Target is going next to Katies with the newsagent kiosk across from it's entrance.

Oh, I've done a little more work tonight see if you can spot the differences ? :wink:

0000_1_shopping_centre_060.jpg

0000_1_shopping_centre_061.jpg

0000_1_shopping_centre_062.jpg

0000_1_shopping_centre_063.jpg

Keep them suggestions rolling in......and keep on watching ! :grin:

Edited by lightningtiger

Just some merchandise additions and changes in the clothing stores today.

0000_1_shopping_centre_057.jpg

0000_1_shopping_centre_058.jpg

0000_1_shopping_centre_059.jpg

Comments welcome still......keep on watching ! :grin:

Looking Good LT Looking Good!! i notice you have built a wall between the vodaphone store and MisterMint, one suggestion for Mistermint now that there is no access point for the store owner how about putting in a bench door that lifts up and and the bottom opens in?

like this?

99497d1237232918-shop-counter-b-door-closed.jpg

and opens like this?

99496d1237232918-shop-counter-door-open.jpg

Thanks for the suggestion 'TanTile', but given the space for the counter for the Mister Minit....look I try a redesign on LDD first to see.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to make any more additions over the weekend but I'll try.

Keep on watching anyway ! :blush:

To the name of the shopping centre:

Mannum-Mall

New Mannum Market Palace

p.s looking good !!!

Thanks for the suggested names 'icy brick' and also a warm welcome plus thanks for your kind comment 'PecataD' :sweet:

I should give you all a written update, the Target store will use the same windows as my old Target Country did, but to the left will be the check-outs and the right side...homewares...frying pans, glassware, stickered items of kitchen tools and cut felt pieces to act as bath towels.

Keeo watching everone, :wink:

A Lego store in a Lego mall. I agree with dragunoc.nyou mall needs a Lego store LT :thumbup: It will be interesting to see how you would make that. The shopping centre looks great. I'll have to look back at the previous pages as I haven't had a chance to see what you've done on them yet.

LT you forgot one key store... DSC02049-300.jpg

I hope thats a decent clue :laugh:

He's already mentioned a few times that there are no Lego stores in Australia, therefore there won't be a lego store in his Aussie Themed mall.

LT, your mall keeps getting better and better by the day. Brick on brother.

~LCM

Thanks for the comments and suggestions everyone today, it's being a planning day today....tomorrow too on LDD for the Target store. That will start taking brick form on Monday.

So keep on suggesting and keep on watching ! :grin:

This is really looking great, lightningtiger! It's really realistic, and the colour choices are good. I particularly like the coffee shop and the womens' clothes shop. I look forward to the next update. Well done!

Edited by Gregorovich

Thanks 'Gregorovich' for those kind words, I have been chasing up images to sticker as merchandise in the Target store and prep'ing the towels to go out on display too !

Keep watching because a lot might just happen in the next 48 hours ! :grin:

It's looking better all the time, LT.

How mega big are you planning to go? Bigger than the West Edmonton Mall in Canada? http://www.wem.ca

Keep up the good work. :classic:

It's looking better all the time, LT.

How mega big are you planning to go? Bigger than the West Edmonton Mall in Canada? http://www.wem.ca

Keep up the good work. :classic:

Now that would be a sight to behold, but I think that is outside even LightningTiger's skill.

Great MOC LT. I especially like the clothing store. How about adding something like an HMV? I'd like to see how you tackle the CD racks.

Keep the Brick Alive!

~Bayonet

Thanks 'dr_spock' and 'Captain Bayonet' for your comments......'spock' mine is going to be one of the largest ones built in Lego in minifig scale....it will keep growing and growing like real shopping centres do (calculated possibly in excess of 640 studs wide - bigger than the town centre). *oh2*

Now if you want big, we have a Westfield Shopping CITY at Marion S.A., every discount and department store in Oz has a branch there plus one of world's biggest cinema's (over 30 cimema's).

HMV does exist I think in the eastern states of Oz, maybe a Sanity music/DVD store across from the sports store - might do an A-Mart All Sports....not sure yet.

Keep those suggestions comming. :wink:

Edit - OMG !

12 pages now in just over two weeks and it's not even a 1/4 complete.

Edited by lightningtiger

G'day everyone, I just spent an hour on LDD trying out some designs for my new Target store and we could be looking at up 50 studs wide just for this one store.....the Foodland will be even wider ! *oh2*

Wish me luck tomorrow, I start work on the Target.

Now a I'll give you a quick history talk on why Targets are next to Foodlands.....back in the 70's Target started out in Oz under the ownership of Myers.....they had a seperate eatery and supermarket. When Coles came along and merged with Myer....something had to go...the supermarkets and after a long history of rebrands etc., we end up with Foodland stores...part of the IGA group. But take my work for it your Target's and Kmart's in the USA kick our's in the you know where ! :blush:

Keep on watching......updating tomorrow ! :grin:

Quick update time.

0000_1_shopping_centre_055.jpg

Spot the bus stop do we, the loading zone and the starting of the Target department store which will now only take up 46 studs. I would the say the supermarket might be the same or slightly larger, but don't forget I have at least another 4 specialty shops to add as well just as a minimum too ! :oh3:

Comments welcome, note I might not be adding much until Thursday as it's my wedding anniversary tomorrow....still waiting for my appeal and parole. :devil::laugh:

Comments welcome and Brick On ! :grin:

Looking nice LT. Heres an idea, why not build a car park for the shopping centre ?

You could build a small ticket office or ticket machines (we have them here in england, not sure about Australia :innocent2: )

Anyway keep up the great progress. Can't wait for it to be finished.

Thanks for the feedback 'TYB' and 'Darth CJ', this will only be a single level shopping centre, but the road way you see will lead into a car park of some sort. Most shopping centres don't charge to park unless it's in CBD.

More photos comming when I have done some more work.

Brick On ! :wink:

Okay, I'm back from my 14th w.a. night and have escaped from the wife now.

Right then tomorrow the Target will take shape including merchandise and wait to you see what I have planned.

Keep those suggestions comming......I do want to see this go the full 600 plus stud width ! :grin:

Whens the next update? :excited:

Fresh photo's - in under 24 hours.....I might do the shelves and merchandise first and post them.....because I'll need a stack of tiles for the store and walkway out front ! *oh2*

So don't panic 'Darth CJ'.....tomorrow fresh pictures. :blush:

Fresh photo's - in under 24 hours.....I might do the shelves and merchandise first and post them.....because I'll need a stack of tiles for the store and walkway out front ! *oh2*

So don't panic 'Darth CJ'.....tomorrow fresh pictures. :blush:

get in I can't live without your genius!