On a scale of 1 to 5  

56 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• Poor
    • Below average
    • Average
    • Above average
    • Outstanding

I picked up a couple of these in the last couple of months. I have had no major issues with the figures, but the base plate is worthless. Still a great army builder (I agree that the dragon pawn face was a horrible choice).

I got this set yesterday and I'm very happy with it. Apart from maybe half a dozen 1980s castle sets I am new to castle and wanted an easy way to up my historic army count. I was able to use VIP points towards the set so in the end it only cost me £4.99 in actual cash which is a bargain for 28 minifigs. I have recently got the Kings Castle and Helms Deep and needed more soldiers to staff the place.

I particularly like the red (white) king and queen. I have no queen until now so she's great for me and the kings is also brilliant. His torso looks great and the gold helmet and sword are my fave pieces. I technically have a gold sword and helmet already from the blue king in the kings castle but his helmet isn't shiny like this one and his sword was so orange that I have never used it and my blue king carries a standard long sword. Needless to say the red king is now the king of my castle with the blue king his brother (all my minifigs are forming one big army to take on the orcs, zombies and other non-human minifigs).

Interested by the comments on printing quality and having looked back at mine don't seem to have any issues compared to your photos.

Cheers

Rog

I picked up a couple of these in the last couple of months. I have had no major issues with the figures, but the base plate is worthless. Still a great army builder (I agree that the dragon pawn face was a horrible choice).

No issues Rogue? not even with the colors on the ovoid dragon shields?

No issues Rogue? not even with the colors on the ovoid dragon shields?

When compared directly to the standard shields they are a bit more yellow on the lighter segments but nothing I would call an issue. If their not side by side they look the same. Certainly not as marked a difference in the photos in the review.

Cheers

Rog

Edited by rriggs

I am going to have to look for this one now. I am a huge fan of Chess and new to Lego community. I wish they would do a a LOTR or Hobbit chess set for the build that I am doing as the troop building idea is excellent. Thanks again for the review.

I'm pretty sure that all of the figures in this set are made with Chinese plastic, as pretty much all chess sets and blister packs use it. :wink: