ACPin

Hulk promo minifigure for May 16-31

Just acquired the Hulk promo minifig.

Can you upload a photo?

Am I reading that correctly? It implies that you just have to upload a picture to the LEGO Shop Facebook page to receive a free poster...

Yes. It is probaly a marketing strategy. You upload your picture to Facebook and your friends see that photo and the Lego Super heroes. "Free advertising".

Smart TLC

Makes me wonder if it's just a free download then; otherwise, they'll be shipping out a lot of free posters.

I'm confused. On S@H it says I qualified for the free Hulk fig but it's not in my cart like the TC-14 was

edit: Nevermind it is showing up now.

Edited by Super Goblin

I'm confused. On S@H it says I qualified for the free Hulk fig but it's not in my cart like the TC-14 was.

I was having this issue too, but try refreshing; it's in my cart now :)

Also, the Lord of the Rings sets are available to the US now for anyone needing a little boost to get The Hulk.

Just placed three orders, got the Fire Brigade, Helicarrier Breakout + small car(to reach $50) and the Quinjet set.

Edited by Super Goblin

To newwavejunkie and anyone else interested, I just ordered LOTR and Super Heroes sets and received both the Frodo poster and the Hulk minifigure, so yes, you do get both, but you have to have at least ONE item of LOTR for the poster and as far as I can tell anything else above $50 to get the Hulk figure.

Seeing as I don't have a credit card,LegoShop doesn't take PayPal,and they don't have any of the Monster sets yet anyways,I guess it's off to stalking Ebay if I want to get Hulk,lowest ones are about $30 right now.

To newwavejunkie and anyone else interested, I just ordered LOTR and Super Heroes sets and received both the Frodo poster and the Hulk minifigure, so yes, you do get both, but you have to have at least ONE item of LOTR for the poster and as far as I can tell anything else above $50 to get the Hulk figure.

Many thanks! I just ordered the LOTR Weathertop set and will be receiving the poster and the Hulk. I was more interested in the Hulk minifig anyway since I don't want to shell out the $50 for the Helicarrier set (although I think the big Hulk looks great).

Am I reading that correctly? It implies that you just have to upload a picture to the LEGO Shop Facebook page to receive a free poster...

Yes, I really don't know how they're going to facilitate that promo, which has me worried that I still won't be able to get the poster. It seems like one of their more hair-brained marketing stunts, honestly. Doesn't seem like a lot of thought was put into how to determine who uploaded their picture, how do you get the poster once you do, etc. If it's an immediate thing, where you have to take a picture and upload it directly to your FB account in the store to get a poster handed directly to you, it's only for people who have smartphones, I guess. If you have to provide a mailing address through their FB page, a lot of people aren't going to be too thrilled by that requirement.

If it's a download you want, you can grab the High-res version in the official press release on their site.

If it's an immediate thing, where you have to take a picture and upload it directly to your FB account in the store to get a poster handed directly to you, it's only for people who have smartphones, I guess.

I'm pretty sure this is what it's intended to be. Lots of stores and restaurants these days do similar promos or coupons for "checking in" or what have you on a smartphone. So hey, for just the cost of a $200 phone and an extra $30 a month on top of your current phone bill, that poster can be yours! :laugh:

hulk mini fig just in time as i just bought all the superheroes sets, all the avengers (except hulk breakout) and the wolverine, shipping ain't free though :(

Edited by melbs

I found the no free shipping to be a Bummer too, but no less I ordered Hulk's breakout for $49.99 and needed a penny to hit $50 so I went to PaB for the 10 cent piece and ended up with $5.50 worth of random bricks :laugh:

Still no email, I'm guessing server overload again.

I agree about the no free shipping. I would order from S@H more often if they had a free shipping requirement over $75 or something, like most other stores. Otherwise they end up not getting a lot of our money due to that sole purpose. If it wasn't for the Star Wars promo (which did have free shipping) and this promo, I wouldn't have ordered from them. I ended up ordering enough for two promos, but I didn't want to pay shipping twice so I kept it all in one order, so only one promo.

I see Big Cam and I think alike. Whenever I need a small amount, I go to PAB to grab the few cents I need. In this order I ended up going with around $8.00 of random bricks for other projects, but normally I wouldn't buy that many. But PAB is a useful tool for small price gaps, such as this one.

I received my email about the order almost 3 hours after I placed it, so the server could be down or it could just be delayed. I typically never get an immediate email from Lego though, even when there isn't a promo.

I'm pretty sure this is what it's intended to be. Lots of stores and restaurants these days do similar promos or coupons for "checking in" or what have you on a smartphone. So hey, for just the cost of a $200 phone and an extra $30 a month on top of your current phone bill, that poster can be yours! :laugh:

Heh, yeah, I think marketing people overestimate how many people have smartphones because all the marketing people they know have smartphones.

The organization I work for just decided that a mobile website (or a mobile app, because everyone loves apps!) is an important thing to have really soon. I don't disagree that it's something to develop, but a quick Google Analytics report shows that mobile browsing accounts for just over 6% of our total traffic. So... not imperative.

Anyway, I'd imagine that the store employees won't be adhering to the "you must upload a picture now" thing. Hopefully, they will hand it out to anyone who asks politely.

Just bought Hulk from BL for about $20,I could've probably waited a few more days for BL to be flooded with them and maybe find it cheaper but I have absolutely no patience,I need him now!

Just bought Hulk from BL for about $20,I could've probably waited a few more days for BL to be flooded with them and maybe find it cheaper but I have absolutely no patience,I need him now!

I had thought about doing the same, but then I figured I also want the full sized hulk which is going for around $25-30, so if I bought the Hulk Breakout set, I get the full sized hulk, mini hulk and a cool set with Thor, Loki, etc.

I had thought about doing the same, but then I figured I also want the full sized hulk which is going for around $25-30, so if I bought the Hulk Breakout set, I get the full sized hulk, mini hulk and a cool set with Thor, Loki, etc.

In my case I prefer the minifig but as I said before, I only have PayPal and only really want the Monster Fighter sets for right now,so not only was there nothing for me to buy but I don't have a credit card even if they did have anything.

I've put off buying the Quinjet just for the Hulk promo. Heading to the LEGO store on Friday after work. Finally!

Exactly! I wanted the sets anyway, so it is a great promo to get something exclusive and unique for free as a reward for buying the sets. I normally would buy them right when they come out from Target or Wal-Mart, but since TLG had a promo I not only got a free exclusive figure, I also got VIP points, and TLG directly gets my money to help further their production. To me, win-win.

Enjoy your Quinjet!

And I agree with Big Cam about wanting to get both Hulk figures and this is an affordable way to do so. If you wanted to attempt to buy the other figures and pieces, it would be way above the actual set value.

Exactly! I wanted the sets anyway, so it is a great promo to get something exclusive and unique for free as a reward for buying the sets. I normally would buy them right when they come out from Target or Wal-Mart, but since TLG had a promo I not only got a free exclusive figure, I also got VIP points, and TLG directly gets my money to help further their production. To me, win-win.

Enjoy your Quinjet!

And I agree with Big Cam about wanting to get both Hulk figures and this is an affordable way to do so. If you wanted to attempt to buy the other figures and pieces, it would be way above the actual set value.

So, has this sold out yet? I have enough money to order it on Tuesday which makes it highly unlikely, I think, that there's any left.

So, has this sold out yet? I have enough money to order it on Tuesday which makes it highly unlikely, I think, that there's any left.

You mean, has the figure sold out yet? Or the Quinjet? I have no idea on either, but the worst that would happen is a delay in delivery probably. Since the promotion was slated to run a good 2 weeks, it would be crazy to think they would run out of the figure this quickly, but if it was a popular enough promotion I suppose it is possible. The May the 4th sale, shipping was delayed 5-6 days for me, whereas when I ordered for this promotion the day it began (16th), my sets shipped out yesterday (17th), so to me, it sounds like this is a good promotion but it might not have the sudden rush like May the 4th/Revenge of the 5th. Since this is longer running, more people might be delaying their purchases. I wouldn't imagine they would have run out of the figure already, or come Tuesday when you can order it. You could always call TLG and see if they have any left. Best of luck.

I'm going to the Lego store tomorrow am, hopefully they have Some left

Ordered! I hope I get it as when I tried to get the Shadow ARF Lego acted like complete arses about it.

My first Hulk is scheduled to be delivered today. Can't wait but will have to since I don't get off work until 9:30 tonight.

I'm trying to get this promo by buying the MF Laboratory, and it's not working. I think it's because the set is $49.99. Really? :hmpf: