Sebeus I

Flying Dutchman WIP

Amazing MOC!!! One question, how do you feel about Lepin trying to rip off your design? This has clearly been a labor of love for you, for multiple years. I honestly feel that they won't be able to do it justice, I hope it sinks, literally.

5 minutes ago, Captain Pirate Man said:

Amazing MOC!!! One question, how do you feel about Lepin trying to rip off your design? This has clearly been a labor of love for you, for multiple years. I honestly feel that they won't be able to do it justice, I hope it sinks, literally.

What's this now?

Also, while I agree with your sentiment, plagiarizing someone's master work is... inappropriate, condemning another builder to failure just isn't in the right spirit either, not around these parts.

20 minutes ago, Captain Pirate Man said:

Sebeus has replied to this on his flickr a couple weeks back. The actual model from that brand looks much worse though, they tried (and failed) to copy it and stole his pictures basicially. 

25 minutes ago, kurigan said:

What's this now?

Also, while I agree with your sentiment, plagiarizing someone's master work is... inappropriate, condemning another builder to failure just isn't in the right spirit either, not around these parts.

I wasnt condemning another builder to failer. I'm not sure where you got that sentiment. I was talking about Lepins model. I DO hope they have a hard time replicating the Flying Dutchman. I don't think I'm wrong for feeling that way.

Edited by Captain Pirate Man

On the one hand, I'd be pissed if somebody claimed credit for my work.

On the other hand, though, I'd be kind of flattered.

I guess the better route would've been for that person to do the legal thing, and purchase my plans or the model itself.

On 9/3/2017 at 10:11 AM, Captain Pirate Man said:

I wasnt condemning another builder to failer. I'm not sure where you got that sentiment. I was talking about Lepins model. I DO hope they have a hard time replicating the Flying Dutchman. I don't think I'm wrong for feeling that way.

Simple mate, I don't know or care what Lepin is. Cheers!

Update:

36913554820_bc7dfef803_c.jpg

As I'm attending Skaerbaek coming weekend I need to have this ship presentable by then. Too bad I won't be able to get it completely finished :sceptic:.

36913553610_66af42139b_c.jpg

Completely new poop deck, now with a grim reaper over watching the ship (although I still need to swap Lady Liberty's head for a skull).

I realize now I forgot to take a picture but I can tell you that I've managed to keep the Captain's quarters interior with the organ. And it's still accessible, although that will become more difficult when I add the shrouds and other rigging to the mizzen mast :sceptic:.

36497662663_4e15e3ea64_c.jpg

36473709084_da2a38111a_c.jpg

Grates over the staircases.

36497661303_65a5a74b80_c.jpg

New battle tops.

I think I've redone almost every part of the ship. Compared to the version I originally posted this is an almost entirely new ship :laugh:.

Still a lot of work, mainly on the rigging and the sails I will add one of these days. But there are some small things that need attention as well, such as the anchors, crying for a new design etc.

Special thanks to Legostone for supplying some highly needed parts :grin:.

Edited by Sebeus I