Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

CONTEST: Pillage the Village - Terms & Conditions

Maybe a dum question but it's my first contest you see...

The back of the Moc is that important how it looks ?

Just because it has every color of the rainbow by all the different colored bricks I used to build up... :pir-laugh:

And sometimes you see the colors true the windows I used... little bit of it.

I mainly used different colors because I don't want to waste the colors that I need.

I hope this is no problem... otherwise I'm in deep sh*t.

For the record, the back it's not part of the moc... differently said it is none 360° moc

Thx for a answer.

Grtz,

kurt

Edited by Capt. Kirk

Well, that largely depends on weather or not you choose to take photogarphs from the back. It is allowed so long as you are using official LEGO bricks, but it just depends on where you take your pictures from. :wink:

Well, that largely depends on weather or not you choose to take photogarphs from the back. It is allowed so long as you are using official LEGO bricks, but it just depends on where you take your pictures from. :wink:

The photo's for the contest will be take from the other site...

You don't see anything of it when the official photo's are taken...

Edit: On the advice of Capt Zuloo I deleted the pictures.

Edited by Capt. Kirk

That is certainly allowed, although if I were you, I wouldn't show people the bad side of the MOC. After all, you want people to remember it by the great photos at brilliant angles left thinking that all of it is as good as the front, not thinking "the front is great, but the back is so bad I wouldn't vote for it".

Captain Zuloo, your understanding of the rules is quite good, you must have been paying close attention when you read them. Well done! :thumbup:

That is certainly allowed, although if I were you, I wouldn't show people the bad side of the MOC. After all, you want people to remember it by the great photos at brilliant angles left thinking that all of it is as good as the front, not thinking "the front is great, but the back is so bad I wouldn't vote for it".

Thanks for the advice Capt. Zuloo... I deleted the pictures.

Personal note and no offence:

I personaly find it not correct that people will judge the MOC on the backside. We vote for the frontside I think. And I think, don't know for sure, that other entries also look like my backside. I was so honest to show all of you my back because this is the first contest I participates in... and don't know what is possible and what's not possible... and I want to play according the rules. I hope that my honesty is appreciated and all this will not influence the poll.

Grtz,

kurt

Edited by Capt. Kirk

personally , I' judge a moc for what it's supposed to be judged! my moc is done for being watched from every angle , so you can judge it this way, but someone who, like you , did it to be watched only from one angle, even if you show us the way you build the back, of course I'll only judge the front ^^

I think that captain Zuloo thought the same way than me BUT told you it to avoid you to loose some votes because of this ^^

well, IMO, I vote for it the way the builder thought it ( if he mentions it^^ ) and anyway, in your final entry, if you put one pic of the back, it means that you miss 1 chance to show a detail with a pic from the front^^

Edited by Guss

I have a question about the image/picture limit of 6. If it has been asked before or is common knowledge, please accept my apologies.

Theoretically if I would not need the full 800x600 for a single picture, but only for example 400x300, could I merge 4 of those smaller pictures into one image of 800x600 and only have it count as a single image or would that be seen as foul play?

Oh and I personally am always charmed if someone shoots their MOC from an unintended angle. It requires quite a bit of skill and planning to make the entire MOC look good from only the single camera angle, leaving the rest in a tutti frutti mix. Showing other angles gives some insight in the planning process and what the limiting colors/bricks of the MOCer were, giving it some more personality.

I personaly find it not correct that people will judge the MOC on the backside. We vote for the frontside I think. And I think, don't know for sure, that other entries also look like my backside. I was so honest to show all of you my back because this is the first contest I participates in... and don't know what is possible and what's not possible... and I want to play according the rules. I hope that my honesty is appreciated and all this will not influence the poll

We can't control how people vote at that level as that would prove to be a logistical nightmare. Contestants should chose 6 images which best represent their MOC entry. So whether that includes the back of the MOC is entirely upto the contestants.

Theoretically if I would not need the full 800x600 for a single picture, but only for example 400x300, could I merge 4 of those smaller pictures into one image of 800x600 and only have it count as a single image or would that be seen as foul play?

Yes it would. The reason of the 6 image limit is to force contestants to carefully select their 6 best images. If an entry can't be showcased in 6 images then there's a problem.

If we allowed contestants to "merge" multiple smaller images into to 800 x 600 image then where does it end? Someone could merge fortyeight 100 x 100 images into one 800 x 600 image and that would be getting ridiculous. So one image per image is easiest for all.

Yes it would. The reason of the 6 image limit is to force contestants to carefully select their 6 best images. If an entry can't be showcased in 6 images then there's a problem.

Ok thanks! Seems like a logical rule, I should have been able to think that up myself :pir-blush: I will still try to sneak in a mosaic of 480000 1x1 pics.

Did you scratch the moustach off on purpose? If so, the answer is no because you aren't allowed to use custom or modified pieces. Sorry.

Edited by Captain Zuloo

it was mostly scratched off before, i got it of ebay like that the man said it was in mint condition :pir_bawling: . i just tidyed it up a bit and decided to add hair

captain flint lock

Edited by captian flint lock

i used the new stubbly builder head and scratched of all but the moustache off, and i am going to paint some hair on can i use this in pillage the village?
Did you scratch the moustach off on purpose? If so, the answer is no because you aren't allowed to use custom or modified pieces. Sorry.

I'm just going to overule you here, Zuloo :pir_laugh2: This customization achieves the same goal as applying decals, but by a different means. As decals are allowed, so is this.

However, "scratching" which may "accidently" result in modification of the actual shape of the part (not the printing) isn't allowed :pir-wink:

oh that was going to be my sig figs head :pir_bawling:

i got it scratched up apart from the eyes, mouth, mustache, and a bit of stubble which annoyed me so i salveged it and might add hair

captain flint lock

Edited by captian flint lock

this contest is awesome but a just joined a few days ago and I dont know how to get the pictures onto the thread sheet and when i did it didnt accept the pictures. please help me out.