I don't know, how can you? It can't be that hard, pneumatic cylinders are nearly the same dimensions as LA's, just switch them out I would guess. I don't have a 42006 to test it though.

I converted the clamp itself to pneumatic operation and transplanted it onto the Unimog. Works okay but the small la gives much more grabbing power.

Lots of fun opening and closing it though, as it makes a cool sound when it snaps shut. It reminds me of sea creatures somehow. :-)

Will try to make a picture tomorrow; it's a simple enough operation. For the boom and dipper i would use two cylinders each, in serial to extend the range of motion.

it uses the same, small piston. these are pictures i made some time ago; i'll try to make a couple more tonight with the grabber partly disassembled if the above are not clear enough.

Happy bricking :-)

The pneumatic rams in legomania94s claw are not painted. The white balance of the picture didn't match the lighting.

I built schermvlieger's claw with the small pneumatic cylinder the other day. I attached it to my unimog and added a second degree of freedom. Works great so far. It is a nice addition to the set of unimog tools.

Your claw is just fine. TwentyLeggedHen thought the rams were painted since the photo didn't reproduce the actual colors correctly i suppose.

By the way - how strong is your claw using a large pneumatic piston?