Sign in to follow this  

After having met with Steen and Elon, Glorfindel arranges a meeting with Joktan so they can work together against the hand and for Mitgardia. Their meeting place, the statue of the owl.

Owls are considered a protector of Mitgardia, and this statue honors their service:

left.JPG

overview.JPG

meeting.JPG

owl.JPG

owl-front.JPG

Previous build: http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=81865

Next build:

All C&C appreciated :classic:

Edited by soccerkid6

Great owl statue! Is this meeting suppose to be at night? Because the lighting is very dark, perhaps you could get a lamp for your pics? :wink:

Edited by Brickington

Great owl statue! Is this meeting suppose to be at night? Because the lighting is very dark, perhaps you could get a lamp for your pics? :wink:

I use natural lighting, but it was getting a little dark that day :classic:

Nice job and cute statue! The legs could use beefing up a bit maybe, but statues are always hard to get realistic! :thumbup:

Edit: And where's the handy "Next Build" thing? :cry2::tongue:

Edited by Kai NRG

Oh, I love that statue! :wub:

The owl on the owl statue is a great touch! Perfect foilage!

Nice statue and impressive foilage!

I agree that the lighting could have been a bit better, if you are in short supply of natural light I would recommend using indirect flash illumination if you have access to a good flash.

Oh, I love that statue! :wub:

The owl on the owl statue is a great touch! Perfect foilage!

Thanks, I thought that was a rather humorous detail, I actually used that owl for the model of my statue :classic:

Nice statue and impressive foilage!

I agree that the lighting could have been a bit better, if you are in short supply of natural light I would recommend using indirect flash illumination if you have access to a good flash.

Yeah, I've heard about that, will have to do some experimenting I guess :classic:

Nice owl statue! And of course great landscaping as usual.

Thank you, a brick base covered with bamboo leaves makes a pretty cool hill effect :classic:

Of all the builds you've made for our barrage I like this one the most. It's just so well done! Maybe I also like it because I use owl's a lot in my Mitgardia mocs!

Of all the builds you've made for our barrage I like this one the most. It's just so well done! Maybe I also like it because I use owl's a lot in my Mitgardia mocs!

Thanks Ecc, your use of owls is partially what inspired this, was a bit of a challenge getting the shape right :classic: