Kai NRG

The Robber's Lair

If you haven't seen them already, you may want to check out my Journey of Exploration and The Hut in the Forest! :classic:

Hidden deep in the most rugged regions of the Siccus badlands lay the lair of the robbers. Three days after their visit to the woodcutter, Raz, Kaflar, and Tardiff had arrived at the strange encampment. An old stone tower rose far above it's surroundings, dwarfing the wooden palisade next to it. Two men, clothed in a black suit of armor like Kaflar, seemed the leaders of the band. Kaflar himself seemed a subordinate sort of second in command - more a "promising robber in training" than actually a full-fledged outlaw. The rest were a motley band, clothed in whatever they could lay their hands on. On top of the stone tower was a small lean-to, or something of the sort, and a few outlaws were taking down fish, no doubt for their evening meal. A young robber was occupied in plucking a chicken.

8329782744_d92de41940.jpg

At first no one seemed to notice their arrival, but then one of the leaders glanced at Raz. "So you're back. And you've brought something. What for?"

"Why did they bring me?"

"Very well. I suppose you know what to do with him."

Without another word, Kaflar signaled to Tardiff, who pushed Raz through a narrow opening into the stone tower, in front of which he stood guard all afternoon. Raz's supper was plentiful, and the robbers were civilized enough to let him out to eat with them. But when night fell, he was returned to his "cell", and guarded vigorously.

8329782368_7efc41a2f8.jpg

At first Raz was on the alert, always looking for a way to escape, but as the days went by he became more and more discouraged. Even when allowed to walk around, (and his permission to do so increased more and more as the time passed) he still could feel a dozen eyes always at his back, ready to give the alarm should he make the slightest move in a wrong direction. Kaflar was occupied with other concerns. He was careful, and he was subtle. He planned and plotted. And finally, he was ready to make his move.

I hope you enjoyed this next part of the story, it seems like it's been quite a while since I built this (one reason for the bad photography, I think I may have inproved a bit in that respect since then!). Comments are welcome! :sweet:

Those robbing bastards!!! Why did we never chased them and put them somewhere in the Avolanian woods? :laugh:

Great job on incorporating your tower into the mountain!

Haven´t had the time to read the story but the moc looks great for sure! Nice to see smaller mocs!

One tip though, when building on a baseplate, build the plates one stud out from the baseplate. Right now it looks like the grass is growing under the rocks..

Thanks to all of you!

Those robbing bastards!!! Why did we never chased them and put them somewhere in the Avolanian woods? :laugh:...

Indeed! What were we thinking? :laugh:

...Great job on incorporating your tower into the mountain!

Thanks, that was the part I was most happy about. The entire reason for incorporating it into the mountain is that it's not the right size to make a whole round tower... and I didn't have enough 2x2 tiles...

...One tip though, when building on a baseplate, build the plates one stud out from the baseplate. Right now it looks like the grass is growing under the rocks..

DG, thanks for the tip! That would vastly have improved my Through the Desert, why didn't I think of it?

Nice build and interesting continuation of the story! I really do wonder what the robbers want with Raz....

Nice build and interesting continuation of the story! I really do wonder what the robbers want with Raz....

Thanks! I really should write the next part soon... I'm not sure how complicated to make it though! :tongue: