Sign in to follow this  
Moexy

REVIEW: 75001 Republic Troopers vs. Sith Troopers

Seems as though with the new battle packs they are more centered around the minifigures and less on the equipment that comes with. The clones are the reason I'm getting this set for sure.

Thanks for the review, confirmed my thoughts about the set.

It's just a shame LEGO wasted a battlepack on the heaping pile of fail that is TOR(tanic). Awful game, just simply awful. Saw the iceberg coming from miles/years away, but the poor souls who subscribed didn't. And they all sank ;_;

It's untankful source material, and I hope this is the last set we see of that particular game.

I dont know why you are so against these sets? Despite the success or failure of the game, the sith fury interceptor is a brilliant set, and this battlepack is an excellent addition. Nothing wrong with either in design whatsoever, apart from perhaps the prices, but inflation and all that... At least they are open to various sub themes to help break up the bore for lots of people of OT rehashes. They cant please everyone, but all your negativity is directed in completely the wrong place. It belongs on SWTOR game forums, not here in the lego forums where they have done excellent with their designs.

Thanks for the review, confirmed my thoughts about the set.

It's just a shame LEGO wasted a battlepack on the heaping pile of fail that is TOR(tanic). Awful game, just simply awful. Saw the iceberg coming from miles/years away, but the poor souls who subscribed didn't. And they all sank ;_;

It's untankful source material, and I hope this is the last set we see of that particular game.

My server is very populated, thanks very much!

Looking forward to this hit the UK and hoping they produce more SWTOR stuff.

I wish they would have chosen a different EU source than tor, especially after the first two sets...

Too bad the game kind of is meh...

It's like a single player game stretched out into 8 MMO sized stories where nothing interesting happens for long periods of time. Seriously, it's like they took KOTOR 3 and pumped it with Naruto filler but 10x more (or any anime filler). Interesting sometimes but the filler... just... sucks (95% of the missions and the boring, generic stories that go along with those missions). The other 5% is fantastic, great story and presentation. But for most of us it's just not worth sifting through MMO levels of content to find all of that.

Basically, I think this will probably be the last TOR set. The game isn't doing that well. It's gone free2play and it's still not doing all that well. They bit off more than they could chew. It's really a bit sad because the art in the game is fantastic and the story is if you spend the time to find it... These minifigures are great and for some reason I especially love the droids (in the game, the minifigure managed to make that particular droid look bad).

Minifigures: 9,5/10 - The minifigures are awesome. Not much we could do to make them look better imho, the only negative thing I can think about is the opening on the back of the Republic Trooper helmet.

The opening on the Back of the Republic Trooper's Helmet is to allow for Backpacks

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/muddy/TOR/tor_trooper_backpack_1.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/muddy/TOR/tor_trooper_backpack_2.jpg

True, though the backpack you show could be put on even with closed helmets but the one from the rebel Hoth troopers can only be put on with the durend helmet design.

Like your big gun btw :)

Edited by Moexy