Solitary Dark

MOC: San Francisco Trolley Car

Nice design, I do think white is a bit overused though. To me this would be better with more light gray.

Beautiful trolley car 'Solitary Dark', cable or electric is it mean't to be ? :classic:

In any case it's a wonderful piece of designing....Brick On ! :classic:

That is a really nice system-scale trolley... Really fits in with the rest of your town.

Beautiful trolley car 'Solitary Dark', cable or electric is it mean't to be ? :classic:

San Fransisco trolley cars are cable-powered, and are the last manually operated cable car system in the world. Incidentally, the system uses 3.5 foot "cape gauge" instead of the 4 foot 8.5 inch standard gauge like most US railroads.

Beautiful piece of work and thanks for sharing.

It's not meant to be a San Franciscan trolley, right? Perhaps you've taken creative license which is cool. The operator is set back from the front as I remember and has a huge lever to operate the car.

If it is SF you need some panhandlers hanging around, ha ha. Just kidding, that's one of the great things about Lego, isn't it? You can choose to omit those undesirable details if you wish (or perhaps emphasize them). That's something that attracts me to Lego anyway.

Edited by bjtpro

Nice design, I do think white is a bit overused though. To me this would be better with more light gray.

There is a bit more visible white than you would see on a real Trolley car - The front and back would be covered in advertising.

Thanks Tiger, always nice to hear from you.

Beautiful piece of work and thanks for sharing.

It's not meant to be a San Franciscan trolley, right? Perhaps you've taken creative license which is cool. The operator is set back from the front as I remember and has a huge lever to operate the car.

If it is SF you need some panhandlers hanging around, ha ha. Just kidding, that's one of the great things about Lego, isn't it? You can choose to omit those undesirable details if you wish (or perhaps emphasize them). That's something that attracts me to Lego anyway.

Panhandlers - There's an idea for minifigure S10. Great observation. When I took the photos (back in April/may) I did not have my S7 Hippie minifig - he definitely belongs on this model.

I adjusted the design slightly to fit more minifigs in, but wanted to keep the feel and colours. I might make some tweaks....