Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2013 Pictures and Rumors

I assume , the Spider Droid and RGS is EPII and Tank Droid and AT-TE is EP III .

I hope you are right, I want to see some Phase II Clones that are non cw.

Great pics of the new planet sets. Interesting that Kamino includes Obi-Wan's droid, but is basically Ahsoka's fighter with the lime green pieces.

Love the TIE Bomber and the "R5" heads for engines (not to mention the pilot's striped helmet). Can't wait to get the A-wing, too! I think they're much more successful in translating the movie-style helmet to Lego form than Hasbro was for their figures (it's GIGANTIC on 'em)

That is Obi-wan's fighter - his fighter has lime on it too. This is a Delta-7 Aethersprite, hers is a Delta-7B Aethersprite, so they both have differing physical designs as well, even if the paintjob is admittedly similar. :wink: (Sorry for getting technical there, hahaha).

I am definitely getting the A-wing too, it is pretty awesome, especially the figures :laugh:

At first I was considering getting the AT-RT, but I really am not interested in it now... But yes all, the Yoda is new because of his torso.

:classic:

Has there been any news on what the UCS set will be for 2013. I am really hoping for a Venator as doubtful as it may be.

Received my ATRT and Rancor Pit today. I'm loving the ATRT as the legs and moving faceplates have been captured well. Yes, it may not be in realistic scale, but still fun to build. I'm not digging the Rancor Pit box. It feels too small. The colours used for the set pictures doesn't bode well with the ATOC box art. Just my .02 cents! Should be receiving my A-wing today! Huzzah!

Remember, this thread is for discussion of sets and rumors, not your hopes or wishlists. Discussion of sets that you wish to see but which we have no rumor of from a source that seems reliable belongs in Future Star Wars Sets. Asking if there's been any news of UCS sets is fine here, but discussion of UCS sets that are only wishes belongs over there. I'll move a few posts...

...done.

Just picked up Battle of Hoth today at The LEGO Store downtown at Water Tower Place. It was $50 and they had quite a few. A-Wing, Battle Packs, AT RT, and Z-95 were also available. I'm glad these sets came out before the holidays. Last year's hold due to TPM's release made me feel like Cartman waiting for the Wii.

I think the assumption of EpII sets is a little far fetched, the emphasis of TCW sets is massive, I'd assume anything that could be TCW, will be TCW.

I think the assumption of EpII sets is a little far fetched, the emphasis of TCW sets is massive, I'd assume anything that could be TCW, will be TCW.

It's to do with AOTC 3D (if that's still even happening; could be the Lego sets were planned already for it even if it was canceled), and perhaps with the Yoda Chronicles which feature non-TCW Lego versions of the characters. Not terribly far-fetched, particularly with the new Battlepack featuring non-TCW Phase 1 clones.

Was this in the US?

Just picked up Battle of Hoth today at The LEGO Store downtown at Water Tower Place. It was $50 and they had quite a few. A-Wing, Battle Packs, AT RT, and Z-95 were also available. I'm glad these sets came out before the holidays. Last year's hold due to TPM's release made me feel like Cartman waiting for the Wii.

My local Lego store has the Hoth set. I was saving my money for the Batman vs Bane set so I didnt get it. At first glance I blew this set off until I took a closer look at the new figs. The new leg printed Luke is enticing.

2012-112.jpg

Edited by Solscud007

Just one thing. Why does The Lego Group keep updating the Lego Star Wars minifigures nearly every year. Should I update my Lego Star Wars sets with buying the newer sets, or just keep the ones I have got so far, and only buy the 2013 sets with characters I haven't got yet.

Still I can't wait for the 2013 sets to release in the UK

Just one thing. Why does The Lego Group keep updating the Lego Star Wars minifigures nearly every year. Should I update my Lego Star Wars sets with buying the newer sets, or just keep the ones I have got so far, and only buy the 2013 sets with characters I haven't got yet.

Still I can't wait for the 2013 sets to release in the UK

If you like the newer figs, then just buy them. You can then get rid of the old ones, or just put them in a minifigure display case (like me). Many of the new figures, e.g. the Luke Skywalker above, are so good & complete printed that there is a very small chance that they will update him for the next 10 years. The only reasen why they could update him, is for a different face expression, but of course you don't need him for that small change. A "real" update of this minifig could only take place when Lego desides to print arms and legs, just like minifigs more often have leg prints, in stead of the older ones. more changes possible over years: more detailed eyes (like they recently did with the pupils), other mouth, printed hands, other hands (with molded fingers). but I think it takes very long before they make those changes.

I just noticed that the new Pilot Luke is the first Snowspeeder Pilot fig to get the proper white gloves.

My local Lego store has the Hoth set. I was saving my money for the Batman vs Bane set so I didnt get it. At first glance I blew this set off until I took a closer look at the new figs. The new leg printed Luke is enticing.

*snip*

Thanks for the photo Solscud007 :thumbup:

Do you know how much it was, and whether it's an exclusive/limited edition?

Thanks for the photo Solscud007 :thumbup:

Do you know how much it was, and whether it's an exclusive/limited edition?

IIRC it is $49.99? I dont remember seeing "EXCLUSIVE" on the side. I will check tmw when I go back to the mall.

Thanks for the picture. I think they changed the torso print, too. Leg and hip printing does look really nice.

I just noticed that the new Pilot Luke is the first Snowspeeder Pilot fig to get the proper white gloves.

They look slightly off-white to me; I think they're just flesh.

IIRC it is $49.99? I dont remember seeing "EXCLUSIVE" on the side. I will check tmw when I go back to the mall.

Thanks, that works out to be just over £30 in the UK, so considering currency 'anomalies' it should be around the £35 mark....actually for 426 parts it doesn't seem too bad! :wink:

I'm surprised that it's available so soon, I assumed that it was a leaked summer set?

The Hoth set does not have any printing on the box indicating Special or Limited Edition. The white hands on Luke look a little strange as I always thought he wore grey ones in the Speeder.

We are having difficulties with people's posts not showing up here, so I will close this thread and create a new one with a link to this discussion. Please carry on in the new thread. Thank you, and we apologize for the trouble. Please continue the discussion in the new thread.