wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

I'm glad "the HOBBIT" sets have been ReConfirmed to be released in 2012!

Hoping the sets wont be as secret as the avengers ones.

The Uruk in the orc forge has a white hand printe don ehs helmet on the non-photo minifig index on the box..

Maybe this is an exclusive printed item in this set.

Also this set appears to hav a little "drawr" that you can pull out and put the newborn Uruk in. to similate the uruk growing process.

Cool

Edited by deskp

I'm glad "the HOBBIT" sets have been ReConfirmed to be released in 2012!

Hoping the sets wont be as secret as the avengers ones.

I noticed somewhere that there was a Hobbit board game box in one of the pics.

The Uruk in the orc forge has a white hand printe don ehs helmet on the non-photo minifig index on the box..

Maybe this is an exclusive printed item in this set.

Also this set appears to hav a little "drawr" that you can pull out and put the newborn Uruk in. to similate the uruk growing process.

Cool

I don't think that that the helmet will have any printing on it, because if it did, it would be on the Uruk wearing the helmet in the pic of the figs standing in a row. As for the drawer with the newborn Lurtz, I can't spot that on the box.

The sets look great! I especially like the Gandalf Arrives and Weathertop sets. I really didn't expect the ring to have printed markings on it! Can't wait for the release date. Not sure why Weathertop has an interior since I don't ever remember it having included one. Also dislike how Aragorn has tan trousers, be much better in brown, black or even dark grey.

I don't think that that the helmet will have any printing on it, because if it did, it would be on the Uruk wearing the helmet in the pic of the figs standing in a row. As for the drawer with the newborn Lurtz, I can't spot that on the box.

They obviously havent started printing the figures for this set yet so it wouldnt be on the fig standing there.

the drawr isn't show in function but I SUSPECT it's what those promintent ligther rocks on the base right side is. that what I would have done as another function for this set.

In the prelim there is clearly a handle there, aswell as a hinge. I think they dicided to make it more seamless.

image showing both prelim and set

Edited by deskp

Actually it wouldn't be. I hope it does end up having that white hand print. If you notice, the Orc Forge is the only set where the minifigs and box are not complete yet. The orcs faces are not complete and just look like stickers at the moment, and the one with ears and hair isn't the final product. On the box itself the orcs are green. I wasn't expecting this set to be as big as it is but I quite like it. As for its price it's $39.99

No disappointments on this end. :cry_happy: These sets look fantastic. There is an extreme lack of weapons in the orc forge, though...

Wow! These sets are amazing. The figures are outstanding. The sets contain some great pieces as well.

Quite impressed with the sets. Theoden and Haldir are fantastic! The only disappointment to me is the colour of Aragorn's pants...

No disappointments on this end.

I got one. :cry_sad:

The Cirth runes over the gate in the Mines of Moria set is just gibberish:

njigwbnjiō pdy ēōbō

It would have been a great Easter egg if it actually spelled out something! :laugh:

Everthing looks fantastic!

I think I'll try to get the Attack in Weathertop one, looks really good!

The figures look great, except Gollum, the ring is fantastic and the sets look like fun builds! :sweet:

I'm sort of disappointed people don't want a Lego LotR Chess set I mentioned when we first got pictures of the new horses :sceptic:

I got one. :cry_sad:

The Cirth runes over the gate in the Mines of Moria set is just gibberish:

njigwbnjiō pdy ēōbō

It would have been a great Easter egg if it actually spelled out something! :laugh:

Aw man. It seemed they went through the trouble of finding actual runes, but decided to just pick out the coolest ones. :sadnew:

Okay, I'm going to be fricking broke by the end of the year......a mostly brick built 'The Battle Of Helm's Deep' :wub: and all those minifigs :wub: plus the horses.....ouch my wallet is starting to hurt. :laugh:

I just noticed that the Nazgul have two capes each... I wonder why LEGO did that?

VERY pleased with these sets. I specially adore the fact that it looks like the majority of the torsos, even though they have fleshy heads, do NOT have fleshy printing! Just change a couple hands and a couple heads and we are in business.

Somehow these new minifigures don't look that cool as I hopped they would be. The 3D renders were cool, but now that they are really made in plastic they are not that cool anymore. Can't really say why.

It's also a weerd choise to paint the whole Uruk Hays face purple but keep the head tan.

The new horses are cool however. I don't like Lego changing things, but they didn't overdo it :thumbup:

These sets are amazing. My two favorite things combined in one. Lord of the rings and Lego. I almost fainted when I saw how incredible these sets were. I can't wait. There goes my money. I can't wait to have the lego version of Anduril Aragorn's reforged sword.

Edited by Anduril

So the Orc forge is a target exclusive, does that mean it's only sold at like toys R us?

Yeah, you'll only be able to get one at a Target.

I don't know what that means for people outside of the US. :sceptic:

Yeah, you'll only be able to get one at a Target.

I don't know what that means for people outside of the US. :sceptic:

That means buying it at a LEGO store or online.

The more I look at these sets and figs, the more I am just blown away! I just realized that Sting is in two sets, even though Frodo didn't have it on Weathertop.

Also, why does Theoden have a dark tan beard? he should have tan, or white. Either way, he still is the best fig of them all (in my opinion).

Edited by Fives

Helm's Deep is phenomenal value. $129.99 for over 1300 pieces is absolutely stunning. As far as I'm concerned the only set that seems a bit disappointing is the Wheathertop. At $59.99, this set seems quite small. Everything else is absolute gold.

Hey, I just noticed something funny about Shelob. Why does she have wheels on her stomach? Are they here so kids can wheel her around on the floor? They just look out of place.