XimenaPaulina

Eurobricks Star Wars Community Build

Do you get a tag for every CB you participate in, or just one?

You only get the one, but you can PM KielDaMan if you want to change it.

My apologies for the late reply, I got swamped recently. :grin:

So, how does February sound for the Phantom Menace CB? Should be the perfect time for it since that's when it comes out in 3D! :classic:

February seems to be the perfect timing! :thumbup: It will give interested participants a much needed break from the holidays and ample time to prepare for this PT CB.

Is the host required to participate in the build? I'll probably enter, but I'm just curious.

And where do I get the title image for the CB from?

Preferably yes, and is one of the significant factors in allowing a member to host a build. You're a proven exceptional MOCer so I don't think you'd have any problem with that. :wink: And I shall provide you with the title image, unless you want a better customized one if you like? It depends on you, since my title images are a bit on the "generic" side. :grin:

-----------

And on the issue of interested potential hosts, although not required, we more or less prefer experienced builders to lead the builds and be able to inspire the other participants. ACPin is an exceptional MOCer, so is Oky, both Brickdoctor and Masked Builder have also proven their worth in MOCing with their highly-accurate vehicles and clone mission builds, respectively. So we do take the MOCing ability into account in granting members the chance to lead CBs, so I hope everyone would understand this criterion. Though we could consider giving a chance to new builders based on their MOC track record and most probably under the guidance of an experienced builder. :classic:

First and foremost, allow me to take this opportunity to thank ACPin for taking the initiative and spearheading/leading three consecutive successful community builds, in which we've witnessed a constant increase in the quantity and quality of entries with each CB, as well as the unwavering enthusiasm and active participation shown by all builders, old and new alike. These CBs have truly revived the spirit of community building within the Star Wars forum and has also inspired other forums to follow our lead. :sweet:

-snip-

-snip-

And on the issue of interested potential hosts, although not required, we more or less prefer experienced builders to lead the builds and be able to inspire the other participants. ACPin is an exceptional MOCer, so is Oky, both Brickdoctor and Masked Builder have also proven their worth in MOCing with their highly-accurate vehicles and clone mission builds, respectively. So we do take the MOCing ability into account in granting members the chance to lead CBs, so I hope everyone would understand this criterion. Though we could consider giving a chance to new builders based on their MOC track record and most probably under the guidance of an experienced builder. :classic:

Flattery will lead you nowhere! :laugh:

Kidding aside it's been a pleasure to be in the midst of this active community with a common bond in building SW MOCs. Kudos to all who've participated in the OT CBs and expect me to participate in every CB from here onwards.

AC

So the movie themed CBs are over. Next, Masked Builder will host one about the Clone Wars, and after that, we'll be left with the EU. The EU spans a lot of material, ranging from videogames to books and comics, all telling stories from all over the Star Wars timeline, so it only makes sense to break it up into categories. We've been thinking about how we could divide it best and we have come down to two options. Brickdoctor suggested that we should have one CB set before the OT and one CB set during/after it, whereas I suggested that we should have one that covers the videogames and one that covers the books/comics. So what do you think, fellow EBers? Which of these two options would you prefer? :classic:

The two options are good.

On first though, I think it's better to separate what belongs to the videogames, and what belongs to the books...

The videogames category will allow EBers to recreate anything seen in SW videogames from the last 30 years...

The books category will allow EBers to bring to life ships, buildings or scene that have only been described in books...

And some builds might belong to the two categories :classic:

Very good point, I agree, although the books category will also include comics, so builders will have lots of stuff to recreate there as well. Also, dividing it into videogames and books allows entrants to build things from both before and during/after the OT in both categories.

We were thinking about dividing it even further, but we decided that that would create an unnecessarily large amount of EU builds, so it will be two CBs either way.

However, your idea leaves it more open to many timelines.

You do get a lot more options with an EU CB that covers the entire timeline, but the object of a Community Build is to motivate a lot of members to build at the same time with the same central theme. Limiting the source material to a time period establishes that theme (the Old Republic or the New Jedi Order, for example). Limiting the source material based on the type of production basically just leaves 'Star Wars' as the theme, since the differences between video games and books is usually only significantly evident in the storytelling, something that is much less noticeable in an MOC than, for example, the difference between the technology of the Old Republic era and the Legacy era.

You do get a lot more options with an EU CB that covers the entire timeline, but the object of a Community Build is to motivate a lot of members to build at the same time with the same central theme. Limiting the source material to a time period establishes that theme (the Old Republic or the New Jedi Order, for example). Limiting the source material based on the type of production basically just leaves 'Star Wars' as the theme, since the differences between video games and books is usually only significantly evident in the storytelling, something that is much less noticeable in an MOC than, for example, the difference between the technology of the Old Republic era and the Legacy era.

Hm. You make a VERY good point, Doc. Also, splitting up the EU to different time-periods allows for more CB's.

Are you having separate builds for CW and TCW?

I don't think so. They're both in the same time period and the differences in animation style and storytelling aren't that noticeable in an MOC, so I think we decided not to make things too specific and give members more options of what to build.

Most people posted in the Episode III Community Build thread to get their tags, but here is fine too. :grin: You should have yours now.