51 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

A very nice review, thank you! :thumbup:

Nonetheless I voted "Above Average". This set is very high priced compared to the rest of the line, I find Kingdoms to get a very good price to part ratio. However this set makes up for it in several ways, we get a very nice carriage, 4 large wheels, 2 new printed horses :wub: (plus the extra parts to make them in a stable or so), the new printed King which is good because the Prince and the King had the same torso last year, the other 3 figs pretty good aswell, the return of the gold toothed face is greatly appreciated, and that is a new scared face it looks like on the Lion Knight?? :oh:

The little forest scene is just as good with a bonus fish and glass (rum) bottle. But I suppose we will call it grog. :grin:

The giant hammer and flick fire missile are terrible, but that is for playability and is fine.

Overall a nice change of pace set and adds to the current Kingdoms line.

(I do hope we get a new Forestmen Faction btw)

:classic:

Thanks for the review!!!! Though I've already ordered it, I've got REALLY MIXED FEELINGS on this set. On one side, the horses and the king are beautiful and the forest part of the set is quite good. On the other side, the price tag is HUGE and I really don't like the carriage. What dislikes me mosta about it is that it's of a completely different time period (at least 200 years later) that the complet Kingdoms line, so it will not be part of my layouts for sure. Think I'll have to get creative and either really mod it or just build another thing with the pieces...

Thanks for sharing!

I like this set. I like the horses, the king, the forest part.

This set is a sequel to the set 7947 Prison Tower Rescue.. apparently the King's rescue team failed on their mission of retrieving the Princess, let's call her Cinderella. Thus the King himself set off for a journey on his carriage to bring back his princess but on their way deep inside the forest they got ambushed.. Now this carriage is not really that of the King but of her princess Cinderella.. Yes, I agree it's too pricey for US$40 (C$50).

Good Review, great pics. I own this set and am torn. It was very pricey but I have to admit other than having a treasure chest on the back of a carriage (really because no bandit is going to think of stealing your treasure from the back of your carriage) it is a very sound build. Honestly the carriage has good architecture and looks the best out of any king's carriage that has come out to date.

Good Review, great pics. I own this set and am torn. It was very pricey but I have to admit other than having a treasure chest on the back of a carriage (really because no bandit is going to think of stealing your treasure from the back of your carriage) it is a very sound build. Honestly the carriage has good architecture and looks the best out of any king's carriage that has come out to date.

@ Halberd, at least a treasure chest makes more sense on the back of a coach than it does on a chariot......

@ Lego Okatu, nice review, I think it makes me feel better about my eventual purchase of this set, still not real excited about the price/piece ratio but the review helps show more of the desirable qualities of the set than the mere box does.

@ Halberd, at least a treasure chest makes more sense on the back of a coach than it does on a chariot......

Dangit really, takes treasure chest off of chariot. I knew I shouldn't have trusted that used chariot salesman.

i must say, this is probably the best castle carriage lego has made. None of the older carriages looked as realistic or nice as this one.

Can anyone explain to me why I suddenly find myself so drawn to this set????? I don't know what it is, other than the fact that I like the idea of Robin Hood and his merry forestmen swooping down out of the trees and stopping this thing on the trail.

But why am I more interested in this than, well, even the Mill??? WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME???? :wacko:

Can anyone explain to me why I suddenly find myself so drawn to this set????? I don't know what it is, other than the fact that I like the idea of Robin Hood and his merry forestmen swooping down out of the trees and stopping this thing on the trail.

But why am I more interested in this than, well, even the Mill??? WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME???? :wacko:

I don't think anyone can explain such a phenomenon. Although, the more I see it I am drawn to it as well. I like the idea of the chariot. It looks like a nice build. Plus you get two new horses. That always helps.

I agree, it's a great set and review. But somehow I don't like those horses. The detailed prints are are just un-LEGO-ish to me.