Oky

May the Forth Be With You 2011

Im sure this will come in handy for customizers with the black torso and headgear but Im not really into it. To me this doesnt even compare to the Chrome Vader or White Boba. They are just too cool. :laugh: But even if I wanted it I probably couldnt get it free with a purchase anyway cause we dont usually get polybag promos in NZ. :tongue:

Very cool looking! I'm not going to be ordering from Lego so it looks like I'm going to be trading for this one........ Anyone want too? :grin:

well I can break down and get a Dropship. But more than likely I will just get an Arc fighter and some magnets to make it to $75.

Ooh, nice.

I wonder if this will appear in a regular set in future, if it's canon. The figure looks great, but it's not that "special" when compared with those chrome and rarer figures.

The figure looks great, but it's not that "special" when compared with those chrome and rarer figures.

Well the idea of a Black ARF isn't much different than a White Boba Fett. Both not very useful MOC-wise, (if anything, the Black ARF is more useful) both not chromed, both distributed at an event.

I would have preferred a green or camo ARF trooper instead.

Well if we're talking more realistic colors and prints, I'm sure lots of us would've preferred a Cloud City Boba instead of the White one, and Imperial Inspection Stormies instead of Chrome ones. Edited by Brickdoctor

Will this be made as an announcement online at the site, or is it just for people who see it on the calendar? And is it okay to spend $75 to get this, then return the sets you don't really want? I only want the Clone Trooper Pack + Cad Bane Speeder, but I'd get a set just to reach the 75 mark and return it, but I think that's in poor taste to do...

EDIT: Not Cad Bane, I meant BfG.

Edited by Iysk

I have Imperial inspection stormies. Love them. Need a cloud city BF. But if they were going to make ARF troopers, why black? Im still gonna get it but I would have preferred something better if you know what I mean.

I have Imperial inspection stormies. Love them. Need a cloud city BF. But if they were going to make ARF troopers, why black? Im still gonna get it but I would have preferred something better if you know what I mean.

I'm just trying to say these promo 'figs aren't meant to be practical. They're designed as unusual display items.

Well if we're talking more realistic colors and prints, I'm sure lots of us would've preferred a Cloud City Boba instead of the White one, and Imperial Inspection Stormies instead of Chrome ones.

why must you tempt me? :grin:

Maybe the Shadow ARF will appear in the CW eventually? I want Shadow Clone & ARC Troopers now :sad:

Edited by Macoco

Well the idea of a Black ARF isn't much different than a White Boba Fett. Both not very useful MOC-wise, (if anything, the Black ARF is more useful) both not chromed, both distributed at an event.

Well, the white Boba Fett has the old version of the mould, with the helmet and jetpack being one piece. It's probably more unique because of the usage of the old piece.

Then again, I'd like it if the exclusive minifigs were more like this black ARF, because they could potentially be canon or fit into a collection. I prefer the ARF, personally.

This ARF will actually be useful unlike Chrome Vader/ST's/C3PO/Boba which will all end in a display cabinet. Other than using it for a shadow ARF, it could be used for a commando, a covops trooper etc.

Well I think the Chrome Threepio and Vader were accurate and useful. Both in real life have shiny armor/plating.

Edited by Brickdoctor

Does anybody know how it works if i would like to get 2 of these arf-troopers?can i buy one big set that qualifies for two or is it one purchase(over 75$)=one minifig?

Does anybody know how it works if i would like to get 2 of these arf-troopers?can i buy one big set that qualifies for two or is it one purchase(over 75$)=one minifig?

I'm fairly certain you have to make two purchases over $75.

Well I think the Chrome Threepio and Vader were accurate and useful. Both in real life have shiny armor/plating.

I meant that you wouldn't want to use them. Using them for photography or display is fine but I would rather have them mint in a display then use them. (maybe its just me).

I just found some more info from Toys N Bricks and figured I'd post it here as well. I apologize if it's already been posted, but to my knowledge, it hasn't been.

Quote from Toys N Bricks:

LEGO May 3-4 Star Wars Promotion (thanks gabriellee11)

• FREE Shipping on purchases above $75
  • FREE LEGO Shadow ARF-Trooper minifigure with Star Wars purchases above $75
  • FREE LEGO Star Wars poster with any Star Wars purchase
  • Entry to win a 1st Edition UCS 10179 Falcon
  • Select LEGO sets will be on sale[/Quote]

Just a couple more incentives to purchase $75 worth of Star Wars stuff on May 3-4th! Free shipping, free ARF, free poster, possibility (very slim) to win a free 1st edition falcon, and finally, the icing on the cake, sets on sale!

Edited by Cad Bane

Wow. The 10179 raffle will no doubt be the big freebie, but the others are nice, too. The poster will be a nice bonus to the 'fig. I wonder which of the sets will be on sale...

Just read the fine print of THIS article thingy (description of the sale) and it appears that to qualify for the UCS Falcon raffle, you DO NOT need to purchase anything. However, if you do purchase an item you are automatically entered. To enter without buying you must send in a form or something. Also, the other offers are not available in Legoland parks or discovery centers. (read the fine print for further elaboration) Hope this helps!

Edited by Cad Bane

Thank you so much Cad Bane!

Free shipping is enough for me to buy a set at S@H but also you get a free exclusive figure AND a chance to get one of the best Starwars set ever?

That's an absolute yes for me :sweet:

Edited by ceroknight

I just realized that that poster someone posted here a while back that was like the one given out at May 4th a couple years ago with all the 'figs but updated; I'll bet that's the one they're giving away this time.

I just realized that that poster someone posted here a while back that was like the one given out at May 4th a couple years ago with all the 'figs but updated; I'll bet that's the one they're giving away this time.

No, it's actually a poster featuring "10 years of Ultimate Lego Star Wars sets" (quote from the info link in my previous post). So I expect to see all or most of the biggest, baddest, and most significant sets in the past 10 years.