Primusman

Lego Licensed Photography Thread

I love all of them, pong0814 and smokebelch! :sweet: Except maybe that Lex Vs. Harry Potter one which is a bit random and boring looking.

Here's my attempt at putting the jetpack Batman to good use:

6717693671_e2f4d9a871.jpg

I Am Your Worst Nightmare! by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

I love all of them, pong0814 and smokebelch! :sweet: Except maybe that Lex Vs. Harry Potter one which is a bit random and boring looking.

Here's my attempt at putting the jetpack Batman to good use:

*Snip*

Denied - Batman never yells. :laugh:Awesome shadow-work. :thumbup:

Denied - Batman never yells. :laugh:Awesome shadow-work. :thumbup:

Exclamation mark doesn't necessarily mean yelling! ALL CAPS DOES.

Great shadow work, I agree.

Cool, I'd forgotten about this great thread!

Some recent ones:

>snip<

"My soul is prepared...how is yours?" by Stephen_J_OM, on Flickr

>snip<

19 Years Later by Stephen_J_OM, on Flickr

>SNIP<

A Merry Death Eater Christmas by Stephen_J_OM, on Flickr

Very nice! I love the mini Harry!

Edited by Rufus
Please don't quote images unnecessarily.

uh, I did not even notice this topic for a while, here are some of my shots. nothing great but it's a start ...

Are you just showing off your custom figures? :look: I think those pictures would be better in the Minifigure Customization forum since this thread is only for photos of official minifigs and sets (I think).

Some of my Lego photos.

Very nice! I like the one with Voldemort; very interesting lighting.

Very nice! I love the mini Harry!

Yeah, that 19 Years Later shot is great, even though micro-Harry is kind of a strange stand-in for Albus.

Just discovered this thread. Awesome stuff here.

IMG_2724.jpg

IMG_2716.jpg

I don't know if this one counts as "licensed", it's a MOC Guy Gardner, but Guy's a DC character...here it is, anyway.

Edited by Hobbestimus

The Batman one is not bad, but you can tell that it's fake. Maybe it's because of the camera angle, or maybe it's because the Joker is touching the wall. I'm not sure.

And like I said before, I don't think MOCs count. That's a nice use of the Ninjago spinner piece, though, and that lantern looks fantastic! Care to share how you made it? :sweet:

The Batman one is not bad, but you can tell that it's fake. Maybe it's because of the camera angle, or maybe it's because the Joker is touching the wall. I'm not sure.

I'm not sure what you mean by you can tell that it's fake...I mean, it's Legos, so I'm not trying to fool you into thinking it's really Batman...I appreciate the feedback, though, I'm just unclear on the specific criticism.
And like I said before, I don't think MOCs count.
Can a mod give a ruling on this? I take lots of minifigure action shots, but I don't want to break any rules posting them in the wrong spots.
That's a nice use of the Ninjago spinner piece, though,
Thanks. :sweet:
and that lantern looks fantastic! Care to share how you made it? :sweet:
The front of the lantern is just one of the wheels from the Toy Story Army Man jeep, and it's all clamped around of the one of those 1x1 bricks with a hole going straight through it...sorry I'm not up on proper brick titles, but I can post some instructional pics later tonight.

I'm not sure what you mean by you can tell that it's fake...I mean, it's Legos, so I'm not trying to fool you into thinking it's really Batman...I appreciate the feedback, though, I'm just unclear on the specific criticism.

Oh, sorry. No, of course it's not the "real" Batman. :laugh: What I meant is you can tell that the building isn't really standing upright, but is laying down, and that the Joker isn't actually falling. :wink:

Can a mod give a ruling on this? I take lots of minifigure action shots, but I don't want to break any rules posting them in the wrong spots.

I don't think there is a set rule for this. No one is going to punish you for posting MOCs in here. I just think that in general, if you want to share pictures of your own creations, to do so in your own thread. Just my opinion.

The front of the lantern is just one of the wheels from the Toy Story Army Man jeep, and it's all clamped around of the one of those 1x1 bricks with a hole going straight through it...sorry I'm not up on proper brick titles, but I can post some instructional pics later tonight.

You mean a headlight brick? I figured so, but how does the top part attach upside down?

Here is something that I though would fit the category! I do have a question though. Is this for special close up photography only? Or does actual creations work too? I would post more here but I'm not exactly clear on the guidelines.

I think the emphasis is on the art of photography - where the object in the photo is Lego, in this particular topic, from (most of) the licenced themes.

So if you were to post a photo of a MOC you created it would be fine, so long as you viewed the PHOTOGRAPHY as art.

Edited by Artanis I

I think the emphasis is on the art of photography - where the object in the photo is Lego, in this particular topic, from (most of) the licenced themes.

So if you were to post a photo of a MOC you created it would be fine, so long as you viewed the PHOTOGRAPHY as art.

Got it, thanks!

Can a mod give a ruling on this?

Hmm. I'm only a humble regulator but... I'm going to allow it. Oky overruled.

No one is going to punish you for posting MOCs in here.

You don't know that. Mwahahahaha! :devil:

Exactly right. The photo can indeed include a MOC. The MOC just shouldn't be the focus of the picture. ART should be!

Oh, sorry. No, of course it's not the "real" Batman. :laugh: What I meant is you can tell that the building isn't really standing upright, but is laying down, and that the Joker isn't actually falling. :wink:

Ahhhh.

Well, see, he wasn't meant to be falling, he was just tied up :wink: :

IMG_2725.jpg

You mean a headlight brick? I figured so, but how does the top part attach upside down?

Here's a quick tutorial.

And thanks to the Regulator for clarification *thumbs up*

Here is something that I though would fit the category! I do have a question though. Is this for special close up photography only? Or does actual creations work too? I would post more here but I'm not exactly clear on the guidelines.

6552967483_44a492f262.jpg

Wizard Must Haves by Carson Hart, on Flickr

Wow, I missed that this was Lego at first.

Nice job.

Edited by Hobbestimus

Now that's awesome! Not just the MOC, but the photography as well, so I totally approve! :thumbup: The only thing that bothers me a bit is the composition. The horizon line going across the top of the glasses and the shadow in the lower right corner are kind of distracting. The latter could easily be fixed by just cropping the picture down a bit more.

That's exactly how I see it too.

Well, see, he wasn't meant to be falling, he was just tied up: :wink: SNIP

I see. I was wondering why Batman would just let Joker fall to his doom like that. :tongue: In that case, it would have been better if we could see more of the rope somehow so that the situation is clearer.

Here's a quick tutorial.

Great, thanks! :thumbup:

Yeah, that 19 Years Later shot is great, even though micro-Harry is kind of a strange stand-in for Albus.

Thanks for the feedback! I considered using short minifig legs (from a dwarf/child) and regular torso with Harry's face. But the microfig just amused the hell out of me and I thought it added to the humour of the set up :classic:

Big fan of the SW Advent Calendar work by the way, looking forward to the 2012 edition.

Are you just showing off your custom figures? :look: I think those pictures would be better in the Minifigure Customization forum since this thread is only for photos of official minifigs and sets (I think).

I deleted them