mrplease

2011 Kingdoms + US prices

Target practice has finally been sighted in targets in the US according to Toysnbricks :sweet:

I'm glad. I checked a mere 3 days ago for that set, and it was only found at Legoland apparently, and the person/people selling it wanted upwards of $17 for it. $4 is a much more reasonable price. I hope they release the attack wagon polybag set at retail as well, so I can collect all the sets.

The "windmill" could be from PotC by the way. There is a incoming PoTC set called "The Mill"

Edit: I finally found the bit of info that started the rumor. since that post specified that it was a Wind mill and it also mentioned animals then I think it has nothing to do with PotC.

Though I wonder how come that set was spotted that long ago and we don't have any preview pic.

Well TLG managed to keep Harry Potter Diagon Alley a secret for a long time. Additionally, the PoTC sets have also been kept secret, with the exception of now two pictures. I think TLG is just getting better at preventing leaks.

Not to be a buzz kill or anything, but considering Lego's track record with castle themes I would not be surprised if A) it was already cancelled or B) 2012 will be the last year for Kingdoms. While the new sets were great, I just don't think Lego really every puts that much time or effort into developing these castle themes. I mean the battlepacks were made of cheap plastic instead of anything quality. Plus, unlike something like Star Wars, Lego only puts out sets once a year. Plus the fact is that besides the windmill, which could be part of Lego's Architecture series or an exclusive set, we don't have any rumors or pictures, which is odd. Also, POTC is probably going to be huge for Lego, and along with some of there other new themes, they might be taking a break from Castle.

Not to be a buzz kill or anything, but considering Lego's track record with castle themes I would not be surprised if A) it was already cancelled or B) 2012 will be the last year for Kingdoms. While the new sets were great, I just don't think Lego really every puts that much time or effort into developing these castle themes. I mean the battlepacks were made of cheap plastic instead of anything quality. Plus, unlike something like Star Wars, Lego only puts out sets once a year. Plus the fact is that besides the windmill, which could be part of Lego's Architecture series or an exclusive set, we don't have any rumors or pictures, which is odd. Also, POTC is probably going to be huge for Lego, and along with some of there other new themes, they might be taking a break from Castle.

Your not Buzz killing us, there will be new Kingdoms sets for 2011.

Castle has always been a good seller for kids and since that is the target audience for most sets, I don't think it would ever be squeezed out by a licensed theme. I also don't think POTC will be as huge as some think since it is not as universally loved as some of the other licenses Lego has had. I just wish Lego would go ahead and announce something about Kingdoms already. Some pics of the Windmill would be lovely.

It seems like TLG is getting better and better at keeping info inside at least until the dealer catalogs are released. So far, we know very little about sets that will be released in the second half of 2011. Some rumors, but no pictures at all. Castle as a theme will always continue (with a leap year here and there), but I wouldn't be surprised if there's a second wave in 2011 and that's it again for Kingdoms. It just isn't the 1980s anymore. :wink:

When did they release the Chess/Tic Tac Toe set for the previous Castle Theme? Wave 1 or 2? I was hoping to see that released for Kingdoms.

rumor

goats and chicken for LK 2011.

no pix yet.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Sry for bad spelling.

Rumor based on inside info:

Goats and Chickens in Lego Kingdoms 2011.

Edited by Beetlejuice

We've already had brick-built chickens so....

If the goat they're talking about is the grey horse talked about previously, I'll be a little disappointed. I guess I'd rather have rideable donkey or mule before I'd like a goat. Not that a goat would be terrible.

rumor

you're trolling

no pix necessary.

:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

I'm certainly not trolling.

I was in a hurry and thus didn't get to spell correctly.

I'll fix that.

Call me a troll you may, but when we get goats and chicken - please remember what you've just implied.

I can't give pix - how could I when the sets aren't even finalized yet.

IMO goats would be a somewhat surprising choice, I'd think a few other animal molds (like sheep or even donkey) would be higher on the priority list. Chickens sound more probable though - the brick built birds of the Medieval Market Village were quite awkward, after all. In case we do get new animals I hope they won't remain as rare as cows still are (appearing only in two big and expensive sets).

Anyways, I'm waiting for the pictures before getting too excited. No offence to Beetlejuice.

I'm certainly not trolling.

I was in a hurry and thus didn't get to spell correctly.

I'll fix that.

Call me a troll you may, but when we get goats and chicken - please remember what you've just implied.

I can't give pix - how could I when the sets aren't even finalized yet.

Fair enough. Your first post did seem a little "trollish" to me but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. I'm guessing the goats and chickens are part of the Windmill set. Sounds like its going to be a sort of medieval farm maybe.

If that windmill is true and if it even gets goats and chicken, then wow :wub:

I hope this will come true.

Plus lots of other Castle sets - we need more men and equipment :grin:

Who doesn't want a Lego Goat this year??

Me, I´d rather have some horses in tan/dark tan or grey first. :wink: Though i wouldnt mind gettin goats... could build a pagan sacraficial ritual then :devil:

If that windmill is true and if it even gets goats and chicken, then wow :wub:

I hope this will come true.

Plus lots of other Castle sets - we need more men and equipment :grin:

Yea I don't need more animals. I need more minifigs! More civilians/peasants would be nice. Or some sort of militia instead of the usually knights in shining armor.

The brick built chicken in the MMV set was kind of odd, so I'll be very happy to see a chicken mold. Goats seem a bit odd, sheep would be nicer in my opinion. In any case, I would welcome both animals and minifigs!

Probably old news but I checked out lego S@H and the Dragon Knights Battle Pack has been discontinued it seems (no longer on site) and Lion Knights BP is finally sold out and probably discontinued soon.

I only bought one of each. Oh well. The only loss is the numerous Dragon Knights. How long is the Advent Calander going to stay around? Its sold out, I was hoping to get a second for extra peasants.

One of my friends managed to grab one half price the other day, but nowhere's restocking them - since it's well past December 1st, they're clearing them out.

Thank you very much for this information, Beetlejuice! :classic:

If this info is real:

Goats: Sheep would have been better. But nevertheless great to get some new animals.

Chicken: I don't know why we need some molded chicken. Imo the brick-built one in the MVV was really ok. Plus chicken and cock always belong together. So it would be bad to get molded chicken but no cock.

Klaus-Dieter

Ok guys , sorry if this is off - topic , but i dreamed about going to the LEGO store , and seing 2011 kingdoms . There was : Some lion king against dragon king , a dragons castle , a king's chariot... I dont remember anymore. I just remember i bought all of them ... and then woke up.

Ok guys , sorry if this is off - topic , but i dreamed about going to the LEGO store , and seing 2011 kingdoms . There was : Some lion king against dragon king , a dragons castle , a king's chariot... I dont remember anymore. I just remember i bought all of them ... and then woke up.

I think you just imagined the last castle line, with the newer figs :yoda: