Klaus-Dieter

Best 2009 SW set?

Best 2009 SW set?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favourite SW set of 2009?

• 10195 Republic Dropship and AT-OT
    • 10198 Tantive IV / Rebel Blockade Runner
    • 7748 Corporate Alliance Droid
    • 7749 Echo Base
    • 7753 Pirate Tank
    • 7754 Home One ™ Mon Calamari Star Cruiser
    • 7778 Mid-scale Millennium Falcon
    • 8036 Separatists Shuttle
    • 8037 Anakin's Y-Wing Starfighter
    • 8038 The Battle of Endor
    • 8039 Venator-Class Republic Attack Cruiser
    • 8014 Clone Walker Battle Pack
    • 8015 Assassin Droids Battle Pack
    • 8016 Hyena Droid Bomber
    • 8017 Vader's Tie Fighter
    • 7751 Ahsoka's Starfighter & Vulture Droid
    • 7752 Count Dooku's Solar Sailer
    • 8019 Republic Attack Shuttle
    • 8018 Armored Assault Tank AAT

Don't have Tantive IV, so going with Home One. Mon Cal heads, come on! Great minifigs: Aackbar, Mon Mothma, Crix Madine, Lando etc. You almost have a complete Rebel high command, and a bonus Mon Cal head to use for rebel pilots/techs/jedi etc.

I voted for the Republic Attack Shuttle. I like all the detailed play features, and it's a nice looking ship.

With the weak OT sets this year (they seem to be good on minifigs but little else), I've been collecting a lot of clone wars sets.

I may change my mind once I see the Tantive IV though. The pictures look like it will be good.

AAT, would deffinantly be on the top of my list.

Pros

*It's virtually a lego twin to the real one

*Great design

*new Yoda

*3 SBDs with rocket launcer arms

*Pieces that are blue/drk blue for the first time

*just plain awesomeness, plus I love the CIS.

Rest of my favorites

2.Separatist shuttle

3.Clone BP

4.Echo Base

5.Home One

6.Pirate Tank

Battle of Endor has a crappy AT-ST, a useless bunker and a bunch of minifigs you can't use for anything.

Only good thing in that set is the 2 rebel troops.

Vote 10198 Tantive IV / Rebel Blockade Runner :thumbup:

:wink::laugh:

Hey, lay off the bunker :wink:. Personally I think it is an essential part of any Endor diorama.

Anyway, what's so good about the 10198? Besides it being one of the most anticipated sets ever, a beautiful accurate design, what looks like a really strong construction, the much aniticpated Capt. Antilles fig and the total lack of stickers... hmmm, perhaps it is pretty good after all!

I voted the Battle of Endor, hands down, the fig's are priceless, well priceless as in $100

The top 3 for me are definitely Battle of Endor, Tantive IV and Home One in that order. None of the CW sets would ever get my vote, the figs are just too ugly.

This was a tough one, but I ended up voting for Count Dooku's Solar Sailer. At the first sight of the prelim picture, I found the set design really horrible. But, after reading the reviews, my mind was completely changed, and it turns out that the prelim just had a bad angle. I now own this baby, and I have no regrets spending 60 USD for this "overpriced" set. Sleek, smooth, and with an awesome color scheme of dark tan, brown, and trans-purple, this is definitely my favorite set of 2009.

Battle of Endor was great too, and I loved the Echo Base, Nemodian Shuttle, and Snail Tank sets (even though I don't own all of the yet). :tongue:

Ok, the next one to vote anything but the 10198 Tantive IV / Rebel Blockade Runner will get the hammer.

Definately :devil:

:wink:

Ok, the next one to vote anything but the 10198 Tantive IV / Rebel Blockade Runner will get the hammer.

Yes, your Commander-ness.

The Rebel Blockade Runner is a neat set, but unfortunately it's going in second place after the Battle of Endor. :wub: It only has one exclusive fig, and Endor has six, as well as two scout troopers and an AT-ST.

Third place is Echo Base, because we get two Hoth troops, two snowtroopers, and a Taun-Taun. :wub: Too bad for the price, though...

Um...ah...er...Tan...Tanti...Endor! Damnit! Seriously though, Endor is probably second to the Blockade Runner. I probably won't be able to afford it, but it certainly looks excellent. Hopefully I'll own it and Endor soon, along with Echo base. :wub:

Vote 10198 Tantive IV / Rebel Blockade Runner :thumbup:

Vote: Imperial Shadows/Sheister

:laugh:

Third place is Echo Base, because we get two Hoth troops, two snowtroopers, and a Taun-Taun. :wub: Too bad for the price, though...

I felt that too, but after buying the set I felt it was well worth it. You said it yourself great minifigures, the elegant Taun-Taun :cry_happy: . It's really just a bigger battlepack.

Endor is way overpriced here, but it still gets my vote. Brilliant figs, well-designed AT-ST, useful parts, lots of play features. It has everything I want in a Star Wars set.

The AT-OT/ Dropship is amazing and would be next on my list - fantastic design for both components of the set, with a clever linking feature, and visually unsurpassed. The scale is also pretty good in terms of balancing a large vehicle with minifigs. (By which I mean it doesn't look obviously wrong, like the snug Venator or the Tantive IV).

I don't see how anyone could be voting for the Tantive IV for top spot - how many have even built it yet? :laugh: For all you know it topples over when you so much as look at it! And I still think the office was a bad interior choice. An iconic set should have featured the iconic scene. Do AFOLs or kids really love to roleplay bureaucracy! Isn't that why so many people disliked the trade federation laden prequel trilogy?

'The Death Star approaches, Princess Leia! We must escape!'

'Wait a minute - I just have to finish signing these documents - in triplicate.'

For the others... I agree with Jimbee that Dooku's Solar Sailer set is really nice, and I love the AAT as well. The RAS also surprised me by being a fun build and impressive to look at. All in all, a good year for Star Wars - not as brilliant as 2008 but looking better than the 2010 Jan lineup of repeats.