Sign in to follow this  
Dragonator

Mystery Manor - Chapter Four

I would like to inspect the little red glass dragon.

Max takes a look at the glass dragon. It is approximately 5 inches (12.5cm) high, and is of a rearing dragon. It is supported on three elegant legs which spread out from the end of the tail close to the surface it is standing on (the actual legs are not on the ground, so it is most likely flying). The wings are spread and look very delicate. The head is quite long, with two large nostrils at the end of the snout. Three large spines protrude horizontally from the back of the head, and some smaller spines run down the neck to meet three more large spines on the back. Some more smaller nobly spines run down the tail. In terms of colouring, it is made of colourless glass, with a solid almost liquid-looking red colouring in the wings, body, neck and tail.

All in all, it looks very pretty.

So let me get this straight: the useful things we found in this room are the half of a dragon crest, a bunch of blueprints and another wordgame to solve? Am I forgetting something?

I'm also still waiting for the map... :tongue:

So let me get this straight: the useful things we found in this room are the half of a dragon crest, a bunch of blueprints and another wordgame to solve? Am I forgetting something?

Well, we have pretty clear evidence that Chester liked to sit around and make up silly codes while drinking lots of booze and surrounding himself with all of these ugly dragons. Clearly, the man was daft. :hmpf:

We also have this camera which reveals that he was taking pictures of the house from outside at a distance, and these lovely cigars. Hmmm? Oh, and my bottle of gin. Don't get any ideas. :angry:

I'm also still waiting for the map... :tongue:

Never mind this, I just went through all the rooms and I got it figured out now. The only doors we haven't opened are the kitchen door and the door on top of the staircase in the ballroom.

And I just remembered: we have an unused key, the black heavy one! I would like to go and try it on the two doors I just mentioned.

I also have a hunch we didn't inspect the library well enough. If there's supposed to be an eastern wing, then the door to it could be hidden behind the bookshelves on the eastern wall. I failed to take this into consideration because I was disoriented before. Also, the first floor is mostly unchecked too, because we couldn't get to the kitchen.

I reckon the first floor will contain the servants' rooms, and the third floor must have the lord's chamber and bathroom. I guess we'll find that out eventually.

Come on guys, we will solve this and find out who caused Lord Chester's disappearance and possible death! Go detectives! *does a few cheerleading jumps*

Never mind this, I just went through all the rooms and I got it figured out now. The only doors we haven't opened are the kitchen door

You mean the very first door in the beginning that we couldn't open?

Ok, given the excitable nature of her jumping and such, I suppose I'd be willing to follow her back to start, collect $200 to the entrance to check that door.

We're pretty much at a dead end here anyway. We're never going to get to the basement if we don't find a way down, plus I could use a snack, so the kitchen is definitely in order. If the door doesn't open, we can always drop lower Max down the dumbwaiter and get him to open it from the other side (if my mental mapping is even vaguely accurate here).

Stumped by the new coded message, the group, prompted by Miss Sandy, decides to retrace their steps in the hopes of unlocking another room. First they return to the ballroom and try the chunky black key in the door at the top of the stairs. It does not fit however, so the group returns back to the main foyer. They find again that this key does not unlock the door down here. Frustrated they turn to their host, wondering if he might be able to help.

Well I'll certainly see if I can draw a map for you later, but you seem to be stuck at the moment. You are missing the keys to these two doors, and you still have an unexplained half of a key with Max there.

I suggest you pool some ideas about what to do next, and if you are still stuck, well I might have thought of something helpful by then. I do think the Parlour still has a couple of secrets to reveal, such as the message...

Okay, let's get back to the riddle. I solved the cryptogram about the safe was because I connected it to opening the safe.

Now, although we know that this newest clue isn't a cryptogram, we can try and take the same approach here. So let's think about what the clue might refer to. The piano? The fireplace? The kitchen? Doors? Body? Maybe we just need to rearrange the letters again...

Tro rsrestlo rthehl oiho tupe oeot kelm aomhje. Lkdf debac hl dano pun iny.

A damn tough one, this is.

And since I don't have anything better to do, I'd like to make a closer check on the gambling equipment on the drawer to see if there's anything among them that we might've missed. That means I want to look through the cards and dice and the poker set etc. and peek underneath them.

There's got to be something around here we've missed! Leave no brick unturned, gentlemen!

Miss Sandy, while thinking about the word-puzzle, walks over to the sideboard again and takes a closer look at the gambling equipment. Her efforts however do not uncover anything of note.

Is it just me or is it a bit drafty in here? :look:

Miss Sandy, while thinking about the word-puzzle, walks over to the sideboard again and takes a closer look at the gambling equipment. Her efforts however do not uncover anything of note.

An unseen passage?

Hmmm, I wonder if playing the keys on the piano in a certain way will do something. Maybe the numerical version of the letters (A=1 B=2) will help.

So, I wonder what will happen if I play the keys with these numbers:

20 18 15 18 19 18 5 19 20 12 15 18 20 8 5 8 12 15 9 8 15 20 21 16 5 15 5 15 20 11 5 12 13 1 15 13 8 10 5 12 11 4 6 4 5 2 1 3 8 12 4 1 14 9 14 25

This could also just be nonsense. In which case, disregard it and totally forget that I came up with it :blush:

John's little number sequence played on the piano does not do anything except creep out the rest of the group...

Peter, could you play something nice before someone tries to hit him over the head? :look:

John's little number sequence played on the piano does not do anything except creep out the rest of the group...

Peter, could you play something nice before someone tries to hit him over the head? :look:

Well, it was a long shot. :sad:

Well, that's all I have to offer.

I'd like to search the light, and then try to move the carpet, to see if there's anything under it.

Yo, Dunne. Weird that your name was all over that article. What do you think about that?

I'm not sure.... I had always known my father had been put out of business by a rival company, but was unaware that it was owned by Dracus. It's a little disturbing.

Did I miss something in the chimney? Perhaps I should investigate it further...

Maybe if you didn't wear such short skirts...

I'd like to begin moving all of the furniture to the middle of the room starting with the sideboard and working my way anti-clockwise.

Yes, I feel the draft now. There must be a secret fireplace in the fireplace, so I would like to examine it thoroughly and push every brick and stone in it.

If the fireplace doesn't conceal anything, I'd like to push every wall in this damn room.

Yes, I feel the draft now. There must be a secret fireplace in the fireplace, so I would like to examine it thoroughly and push every brick and stone in it.

If the fireplace doesn't conceal anything, I'd like to push every wall in this damn room.

If that doesn't work, I'm fairly sure we've found an axe somewhere in the house and I'm not above chopping everything in this room to little bits and then the walls for good measure. :devil:

If that doesn't work, I'm fairly sure we've found an axe somewhere in the house and I'm not above chopping everything in this room to little bits and then the walls for good measure. :devil:

We could use the sword above the mantle.

Stop saying fireplace!

We could use the sword above the mantle.

Hey you! I asked you what you thought of that article! Why won't you answer?

Hey you! I asked you what you thought of that article! Why won't you answer?

I thought I did answer. :cry_sad: Right before you said "Did I miss something in the chimney? Perhaps I should investigate it further..."

I thought I did answer. :cry_sad: Right before you said "Did I miss something in the chimney? Perhaps I should investigate it further..."

So you did. :tongue: I don't like listening.

So you did. :tongue: I don't like listening.

:hmpf_bad: I'd like to take the sword and hit Max over the head with its flat side.

:hmpf_bad: I'd like to take the sword and hit Max over the head with its flat side.

Why bother turning it to the flat side? :tongue: