Sign in to follow this  
Dragonator

Mystery Manor - Index and Disscusion Thread

I love the Whacker and the Walrus! It really exercises the stomach muscles. :laugh:

Anyway, back on topic. Lord Chester certainly was quite fond of alcohol and cryptograms... :tongue:

Yeah. What kid of jerk leaves a bunch of riddles and clues lying around his house, and hides locks and pieces of metal in his chimney.

Yeah. What kid of jerk leaves a bunch of riddles and clues lying around his house, and hides locks and pieces of metal in his chimney.

Maybe it's the "Red Dragon" folks. Maybe it's both :look:

Oh! :sing: Not supposed to talk about it outside, but I must comment on Zepher's comment!

There's an easy fix to comment about my comments in the game.

Promote me to Fellow, have me join the game via smashing through a window herorically, and then adress me there.

All better!

There's an easy fix to comment about my comments in the game.

Promote me to Fellow, have me join the game via smashing through a window herorically, and then adress me there.

All better!

Fellow? We can't even manage to convince anyone that you're male, Mary Joan Zabrina. :tongue:

I think I have about 400 more posts then her (and she's a fellow), but other than that we've exprienced EB for about the same amount of time and know about the same amount about it.

Exaggerating a bit, eh? You have about 150 posts more than me, not 400... :hmpf:

But now I have to express my frustration with this newest clue: it's most likely not an anagram, and it's apparently not your typical cryptogram either. I spent a few hours yesterday reading about ciphers, but just couldn't figure out a way to solve it!

I think it could be either a) a cryptogram with each word having different keys or b) a cryptogram that's also an anagram. In either case, it's impossible to solve it without a hint. :sceptic:

Exaggerating a bit, eh? You have about 150 posts more than me, not 400... :hmpf:

But now I have to express my frustration with this newest clue: it's most likely not an anagram, and it's apparently not your typical cryptogram either. I spent a few hours yesterday reading about ciphers, but just couldn't figure out a way to solve it!

I think it could be either a) a cryptogram with each word having different keys or b) a cryptogram that's also an anagram. In either case, it's impossible to solve it without a hint. :sceptic:

I agree. I've tried splitting it in half, going every other word. I guess I haven't tried to cipher a cryptogram for each sentence, though... I'll look at that, but some sort of clue would be nice on this one.

Frankly, I hope we get a puzzle other than a cryptogram-type one soon. One needs some variety in one's puzzles. :tongue:

Frankly, I hope we get a puzzle other than a cryptogram-type one soon. One needs some variety in one's puzzles. :tongue:

Since this isn't a cryptogram I'm sure you'll be all right then. :wink:

This one is quite hard, give it a good shot but if you can't get it then I will probably have to give a little help. It is possible to solve without a clue though.

Since this isn't a cryptogram I'm sure you'll be all right then. :wink:

That's enough of a clue for now! Let's give it a couple of days...

Good to know we're not dealing with a cryptogram. That leaves a thousand other options, though. :tongue:

I've tried rearranging the letters, counting them, splitting them into groups of ten (there are exactly sixty letters, did you know that?), reading them backwards and sidewards and upside down, but nothing I do will open it. :sad:

Hmmm, I wonder if playing the keys on the piano in a certain way will do something. Maybe the numerical version of the letters (A=1 B=2) will help.

So, I wonder what will happen if I play the keys with these numbers:

20 18 15 18 19 18 5 19 20 12 15 18 20 8 5 8 12 15 9 8 15 20 21 16 5 15 5 15 20 11 5 12 13 1 15 13 8 10 5 12 11 4 6 4 5 2 1 3 8 12 4 1 14 9 14 25

This could also just be nonsense. In which case, disregard it and totally forget that I came up with it :blush:

Playing these on the lower keys, it actually gives a pretty nice, ominous tune.

Perfect for this castle :devil:

Are you going to give us a clue about the mysteriogram any time soon? Even a hint about what it refers to might help, because now we've got no idea... I feel that the game has just been standing still for too long because of this clue, and that's never a good thing. :sceptic:

People start to lose interest and so on... Not me, though. I'm still as eager as ever to solve this whole shenanigan! :grin:

Are you going to give us a clue about the mysteriogram any time soon? Even a hint about what it refers to might help, because now we've got no idea... I feel that the game has just been standing still for too long because of this clue, and that's never a good thing. :sceptic:

People start to lose interest and so on... Not me, though. I'm still as eager as ever to solve this whole shenanigan! :grin:

OK Ok, I'll give you a clue then. Maybe I made this one a little too hard... :sceptic:

I solved it with in a few minutes...

perhaps you need to google codes more :tongue:

Shhhh, they might be offended, they have been working on it for well over a week or so now. :laugh:

Oh shut up. :hmpf_bad:

You think I haven't googled a million times to solve this code? All I get is videogame cheats, programming sites and articles about the history of codes.

Thank you so much for the hints, Draggy. :wub: I think I'm closing in on solving the code, but it'll still take some time. I'm pretty certain the last sentence goes something like "Look ? to find the key", but I still haven't found any pattern leading to that solution.

Oh shut up. :hmpf_bad:

You think I haven't googled a million times to solve this code? All I get is videogame cheats, programming sites and articles about the history of codes.

Thank you so much for the hints, Draggy. :wub: I think I'm closing in on solving the code, but it'll still take some time. I'm pretty certain the last sentence goes something like "Look ? to find the key", but I still haven't found any pattern leading to that solution.

there? Look there to find the key?

Can you be the re-incarnated Anthony Blackwater!? :sweet:

Can you be the re-incarnated Anthony Blackwater!? :sweet:

Or maybe he could temporarily fill in for the slightly missing Bernard Knightly *cough*Jipay*cough* and give us a hand?

ARGH!

Finally, it's over and we can move on!

I can't wait to see what's in the secret passage.

Who on Earth does this kind of stuff, especially when they're dead!? :tongue:

Finally!

How on earth when you have the number 60 forget 15 and 4! I did four due to the fact he did two last time and he had hinted "too" in the topic. two times two was four...

Do you guys use a watch?!?! :tongue: Quarter to this, Quarter to that...

I tease, I tease.

Congratulations on solving the puzzle. I may or may not have sent Dragonator a link about useful codes... So thats why I solved it so fast. You must have been up late (or early) Draggy to out that final post in.

Regards, Cpt. PB

Finally!

How on earth when you have the number 60 forget 15 and 4! I did four due to the fact he did two last time and he had hinted "too" in the topic. two times two was four...

Do you guys use a watch?!?! :tongue: Quarter to this, Quarter to that...

I tease, I tease.

Congratulations on solving the puzzle. I may or may not have sent Dragonator a link about useful codes... So thats why I solved it so fast. You must have been up late (or early) Draggy to out that final post in.

Regards, Cpt. PB

Go megablock yourself. Since the first and last letter in each sentence were correct, I only split it by sentences after splitting it by 30 didn't work. Then I tried splitting the sentences in half.

And most people know that too does not equal two. So shut up. :tongue:

Sign in to follow this