KimT

Chrome Darth Vader

What! I thought they didn't put those in battle packs! I smell something fishy...

How did you know it would be in there when you opened the box?

Edited by darthperson

nice pull, you got it out of one battle pack. it took about 5 of them for me to get one.

What! I thought they didn't put those in battle packs! I smell something fishy...

How did you know it would be in there when you opened the box?

1. Did you read your latest lego magazine? It says they will randomly put the chrome vaders in any of the 2009 star wars lego sets.

2. It obviously could have been heavier?

update: I promise I didn't open the box before I took the shot. That's the one I got in the photo, if it's not the Chrome version of D.Vader let me know before I get a ton of people mad at me. :) If you think it's neat enough to post on the main news page you can if you want.

It's no mistake and don't think it's a miracle, it's the golden C-3PO contest all over again.

Lucky!

I may be a bit naive, but I believe you that you didn't open it previously to the video shoot. :wink:

But this makes me wonder how you got this video. I'm guessing you were recording every set you bought this year, hoping to get a Vader, and got lucky this time.

It obviously could have been heavier?

:laugh: Haha! Yeah, right! I don't think ONE minifig (Chrome or not) makes a big difference in the weight, and even if it does, I don't think Starstreak actually measured its weight before opening it.

You lucky! I need one so bad! If I could afford it, I would buy as many battle packs as I can until I find one.

You lucky son of a gun. When I was opening my new 8017, Darth Vader's TIE Fighter, I was getting really excited that I would get a Chrome Darth Vader, but nothing. :pir_bawling: But I still have 8016 and 1018 to open. So wish me luck!

LegoKing

Edited by LegoKing

I'm probably going to sell/trade this one so I can buy more lego sets to build. I'm looking for Technic/Star Wars sets.

I'm probably going to sell/trade this one so I can buy more lego sets to build. I'm looking for Technic/Star Wars sets.

Like what?

Err. I live in Hawaii. Right now I'm just taking PMs from people who wants it. I'm just taking inventory of what people wouldn't mind trading and then I'll pick the best offer. I would do cash, but that would be paypal. But I wanted to keep it more open to people who may not have cash.

Like what?

nice pull, you got it out of one battle pack. it took about 5 of them for me to get one.

1. Did you read your latest lego magazine? It says they will randomly put the chrome vaders in any of the 2009 star wars lego sets.

2. It obviously could have been heavier?

It's no mistake and don't think it's a miracle, it's the golden C-3PO contest all over again.

What are you thinking? Just because the last magazine said any of the 2009 sets dosent always mean the battle packs. Golden C-3PO was said to come out in all but we found out later on that it was everything but battlepacks. Im hoping though that, that figure was meant to be in there so I have a better chance at getting one. :cry_sad:

1. :oh3: You're so lucky! We don't even get a chance at these things in NZ :cry_sad:

2. I think it's about time it's accepted these things can be found in BP's. Although i know Steve Witt said they won't be, it seems that they will. This has happened a good few times now. :classic:

Hmmm, i've got to get one of these... how? :hmpf_bad:

Whoa, wait a minute... I totally misunderstood this promotion. I was under the impression that these were only randomly inserted into the new 2009 Vader's Tie Fighter. So, this potentially comes in ANY 2009 Star Wars sets, Clone Wars included?? Where has this been documented as appearing thus far?

It's on the back page of the lego magazine. Says that it would be randomly inserted into 2009 star wars sets.

Whoa, wait a minute... I totally misunderstood this promotion. I was under the impression that these were only randomly inserted into the new 2009 Vader's Tie Fighter. So, this potentially comes in ANY 2009 Star Wars sets, Clone Wars included?? Where has this been documented as appearing thus far?

3342853803_2e4e95050a.jpg

Sweet. As ILikePi pointed out on my bag: http://starwars.lego.com/10 Now I know for sure this is the Chome Darth Vader.

Edited by starstreak

Oh, i like that last line:

plus a few top-secret projects that we can’t even tell you about yet!

:oh:

I hope for a great new OT set :wub:

If anyone doesn't want their Chrome Vader - i do! :tongue:

Edited by legoman

Nice work on glueing that box together.

Looked a bit hard to open :wink:

I have never tried so hard not to laugh in all my life.

Reminds me of a story i read recently where a 12 year old in England (i think) got so excited over a new lego set he had a asthma attacked and died.

Nice, but i already got 1.

It would be nice to have one, but i'm not going to buy more sets just because maybe there might be one in it. Since I already got all new sets I'm hoping they might stick on in the upcoming AT-OT set... or the new sets released in june.

So I guess that means i'm gonna stick to hoping and praying, and waiting to get lucky :grin:

I can easily remake that video. open the box at the other end not using the finger puncher, put the Vader in and open it the way we suppose to open it. I think it is very unlikely that Lego will put the chrome Vader in battle packs. The battle packs themselves are very light, so the difference in weight with or with out an extra figure and packaging can be noticeable. Who wants to see everyone walking towards their Lego section with scales in hand.

I can easily remake that video. open the box at the other end not using the finger puncher, put the Vader in and open it the way we suppose to open it. I think it is very unlikely that Lego will put the chrome Vader in battle packs. The battle packs themselves are very light, so the difference in weight with or with out an extra figure and packaging can be noticeable. Who wants to see everyone walking towards their Lego section with scales in hand.

Did you see the pic on the first page? I says some Chrome Vaders will be randomly inserted into 2009 sets

Did you see the pic on the first page? I says some Chrome Vaders will be randomly inserted into 2009 sets

well I don't see the word every star war sets. or in all the 2009 star war sets.

They can be in every 2009 star war sets except battle packs that statement on the lego catalog will still be true.

Agreed.

Actually we've been told by the LEGO REP in NA, that they wont be putting the Chrome Vader into BattlePacks.

I know a lot of members claim to have found theirs in Battle Packs, but either they're lying to be something or the LEGO REP lied. - Which option is true I don't know.

Personally I find it higly doubtable that it'll be in the battle packs.

And that box looked a little too hard to open - glued.

Or not :laugh:

[not calling anyone liars, just venting my opinion]

The thing is, how did he know before opening it.

Maybe he just likes filming himself opening sets and does it with every set :laugh:

KimT-

Oh my god. I'm trying to be a reviewer for this site. You calling me a lier(although a bit indirectly) how are people going to trust my reviews I do once I pass. I wouldn't lie. That just hurts.

:cry_sad:

Future74-

No I didn't film myself doing every single one. That would be crazy.

Diabloiij- As I said, I did not open the box first.

Edited by starstreak

KimT-

Oh my god. I'm trying to be a reviewer for this site. You calling me a lier(although a bit indirectly) how are people going to trust my reviews I do once I pass. I wouldn't lie. That just hurts.

:cry_sad:

I sympathize for you. But there was a thing that went out that said they wouldnt be in battle packs. I find it strange that people are getting worked up when the proof is right in front of your eyes!