Jim

[REVIEW] 42070 - 6x6 All Terrain Tow Truck

42070 - 6x6 All Terrain Tow Truck - Rating  

211 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

Nice find!

It does have some cool extra features though :laugh:

I took 42070 out several days ago to do the comparison photos, and it still struck me with awe. It's a very well-designed model, with efficient use of parts, intriguing technical intricacies, and a vivid color scheme. I recalled really enjoying building this one.

It's a shame that quite a number of people hate it because of the unreasonable price and the inadequate off-road performance, the latter of which I don't really agree with.

3 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

It's a shame that quite a number of people hate it because of the unreasonable price and the inadequate off-road performance, the latter of which I don't really agree with.

42070 is the typical victim of some unlucky naming and false perception based on the look. People think if it is called "All terrain" and it looks like an Ural truck it HAS to be the best off-roader ever. I expect a similar fate for 42099 btw :hmpf_bad:

I don't quite get the hate either. Yes, the price is beyond ridiculous, the instructions were likely proofread by the blind, and the function switching could have been done better, but other than that it's not really a bad set. I even like the B model because it reminds me of the odd futuristic Technic sets released in the late 90's/early 00's.