Sign in to follow this  
blackdeathgr

Almost a Mardieran, now Oleander fishing boat

Well, since I didn't finish soon enough for Ch5D, this Mardieran Oleander (1T) fishing boat, will go fishing at next MRCA. Modeled after the greek Sakoleva (used for spongediving), she came in many sizes and different rigging, but she always maintained her key features, a trapezoid main sail and the unusually crossed masts. 

I am sorry about the pic quality but food always takes the better of me. Oh, and.. happy Easter people!

33914940492_97182e39c3_c.jpgside view A

33229194794_f61e24d9de_c.jpgclose up

33914962812_867d59525e_c.jpgtop down (glass sea version)

Thanks for watching!

Nice brick-built boat! The surface on which it sits is amazing, looks like real water.:classic:

23 hours ago, Bodi said:

Nice brick-built boat! The surface on which it sits is amazing, looks like real water.:classic:

Thanks Bodi! This glass table at my balcony is my secret weapon as far as custom sea is concerned :tongue:

23 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

That is a very fine custom ship - I think I should try something similar!

Thanks CB! Give it a go! Only thing I find difficult in this design, is how to build the deck at the bow section (where the deck is getting narrower).

Nice little vessel, Blackdeathgr, the hull is neatly done, and I'm really liking that intriguing mast and sail! :thumbup:

22 hours ago, Bodi said:

...The surface on which it sits is amazing, looks like real water.:classic:

I agree!  That looks really good, although if you could have substituted a sheet of paper for the cushions and whatnot, it would have been better. :pir-wink:  But very cute little boat - and a monkey!!! :pir-grin:

2 hours ago, Garmadon said:

Nice little vessel, Blackdeathgr, the hull is neatly done, and I'm really liking that intriguing mast and sail! :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Kai NRG said:

...although if you could have substituted a sheet of paper for the cushions and whatnot, it would have been better. :pir-wink:  But very cute little boat - and a monkey!!! :pir-grin:

Thanks guys and I am glad you liked her although she is not more than a humble fishing boat. The semi-ironed white tablecloth I am usually using as background, was taken this day so as to be used in its normal position at the table :tongue: