Richard Dower

Which set do you regret missing out on or selling?

I screwed up selling my 8110, and i got it on sale as well for €150....i dunno why, but i built it twice and the wheels would not roll when placed on the ground, but did spin ok when you took it off the floor. I got pissed off after trying twice so i sold it....BIG mistake, even just for the awesome parts i should have kept it. I only got €100 for it.

As for missing out on, while i wasn't into Technic at the time, i think 41999 would be at the top of my list.

I had a choice between NXT 2.0 and 8043, and got NXT . Big mistake. I don't use my NXT (too bulky ,heavy and the programming software doesn't work) and now in search of cheap enought 8043 :look:

Could have got 42043 for NZD$260 brand new but I didn't and ended up.paying $430 for it a year later. Have not sold anything yet but have been tempted to sell my full collection on occasion but have not been able to bring myself to do so :laugh:

I have definitely missed out on a lot of good deals, mainly because of bidding on ebay.

As for things I have sold, not that much really but I did have one of the Manas from 8539, I sold it because it used up it's battery's too quickly. Now that I have eneloops I kind of regret it :look:.

Maybe the 3 set bundle on ebay. It had a 42039, a 42000, and the sport bike For $200. I didn't have the money at the time.

41999 is top of my list. I've got everything else I've wanted over the past 3 or so years, focusing on the larger technic sets. To be honest, it's more the parts I want—I definitely feel irritated when a crucial part in a MOC is one that only appeared in the smaller sets.