Sign in to follow this  
Rail Co

[Help Needed] 12v newbie with burnt out motor

Hello, I am reaching out to all 12v train users. I recently purchased and received a 12v train (the 7725). Unfortunately the motor is dead, I put it on the track after building the whole model and setting all the track up to find it not moving. At first I thought maybe if it hadn't run in awhile it would need a little help. That didn't work so I tried it by just connecting a wire to the motor itself and gently moved the wheels. The motor started to produce a light smoke so I immediately shut the power off and haven't tried anything since. I did see some life though at one point, it did move about 1/16 of a turn at best and I could hear it trying to move. If the seller is cooperative hopefully I can work something out with him. If not I was hoping many people on this forum could lead me in the right direction.

Here is what I know about the motor: It looks to have been opened before. It is the version with the separate bogie pin. From what I can see there is some hair spun around the axles.

I am wondering if I need to completely give up on the motor or if there is a way to fix or replace just the motor inside. I am really lost and would love any help that someone could give me. I looked for awhile but I haven't found a post about someone having the same problem as me. Even if someone has a broken lego casing for the motor but there electrics still work I could be interested in that as well.

Thanks,

-RailCo

After fiddling with it for about an hour. I was able to remove a gob of hair (nasty :sick:) and realized that one of the axles was stuck and was able to free it. not that I have done this it sometimes moves slowly with a clicking noise and then will stop I am assuming something is rubbing up against the axle or gears to cause friction but I'm not sure.

-RailCo

Hallo Rail co

I have answered your email
hopefully you have received that

greetings Patrick