Sign in to follow this  
NorvernRob

(MOD) Anio's AT-AT

So, I built one of Anio's AT-AT's last year, and recently decided to build another for my Hoth display and mod them both for more accuracy. I built my own feet, reskinned the head and made the top plate a stud wider, and rebuilt every panel including raising up the top of the body to better recreate the slight hump and grille sections there. I also added opening troop hatches and changed leg details. They're not perfect, as there are limitations to what you can include due to size and available space,  but I think they're a lot more accurate than the original.

45B8DD6A-25E4-44D6-B948-8D9732133574_zps

6A057978-8546-4D22-896D-6833AE38CEDE_zps

54AC6B3A-15D6-48DF-B134-15D44A950071_zps

IMG_5882_zpszs5bbtdd.jpg

E6DBC639-87DE-49EF-9128-13D215CBAD6E_zps

Edited by NorvernRob

2 hours ago, LiLmeFromDaFuture said:

I notice the decorated gray wedge used on the nose of the snowspeeders, did you paint them?

Yes, that part isn't available in lbg unfortunately, and a brick built nose is too big for the small speeder. The orange/DBG details on the nose are carefully cutout stickers from Lego's speeder.

4 hours ago, NorvernRob said:

Yes, that part isn't available in lbg unfortunately, and a brick built nose is too big for the small speeder. The orange/DBG details on the nose are carefully cutout stickers from Lego's speeder.

What brand did you use, and how does the sheen compare to LEGO.

It's actually just primer. I primed the wedges, then realised it was virtually a perfect match so didn't bother finding any paint. Obviously it's a more matt finish being primer, but it's not noticeable and you could always add a coat of lacquer if you wanted more sheen. 

IMG_5649_zpsso4emops.jpg

Are the 8x8 dishes painted as well?  They look really nice, but I thought the light bluish gray ones were super expensive.

1 hour ago, Raskolnikov said:

Are the 8x8 dishes painted as well?  They look really nice, but I thought the light bluish gray ones were super expensive.

No, they're not painted. 4 are plain LBG ones and 4 with print rubbed off - the first 4 I bought last year were the ones with the Tie Fighter pattern as they were the cheapest way, but recently a couple of German Bricklink stores have listed hundreds of plain ones for a very reasonable price (under £3 each).  They're still available now as far as I'm aware. 

Edited by NorvernRob

Look fanatastic! Will you be at the Brickish event at the National space centre this weekend?

12 hours ago, Flandy said:

Look fanatastic! Will you be at the Brickish event at the National space centre this weekend?

Thanks! My next display will be at the Yorkshire Brick Show on the 30th April/1st May, and hopefully BrickTastic on the 1st/2nd July if I get a place. 

30 minutes ago, roadstermatt said:

that's a great looking at-at and the display is fantastic

Thanks, I've spent the last two days extending the Echo Base so it's now 16 studs longer and wider than it was previously. This makes space for a 3rd X-Wing, control room extended to 48 studs long and more details overall. I'm also extending the battlefield by either 32 or 48 studs, depending how many plates I have left (I've used 190 16x16 and 60 8x16 plates so far!).