Mike S

[COR - Ch 5A] Love at first sight

Previously: A spy on board the Black Marlin, for whom, nobody is yet sure of, strikes at Captain Silas McShea while he is sleeping.  Luckily, Captain Silas McShea is able to survive the attack and defend himself. As the sailors come to his aid, the spy cuts the ropes on the captain's boat, jumps overboard, and rows away. The Black Marlin chases, but soon abandons the chase and sails to Kings Port to get the captain's wounds tended to.

Presently: Captain Silas McShea stands in the shade of a giant palm on one of Kings Port's coastal streets, longing to be back out on the seas. The Black Marlin has however sailed without him on the current trade run as Aiden Coyle insisted that remain in Kings Port until his wounds are healed. His thoughts are interrupted by a man's voice. "Excuse me good sir..."

Silas turns around and comes face to face with a beautiful woman dressed in Terraversan finery. Their eyes remain locked until the man standing next to her speaks again. "I am Sir Renaldo Barrientos and this is my daughter Isabella. It would be our pleasure for you to join us for dinner this evening."

Silas takes Isabella's hand and with an extravagant bow as he plants a kiss on it. "It is an honor to make your acquaintance, Lady Barrientos. I will be most delighted to join you for dinner this evening."

Sir Renaldo seems a bit taken aback by the evident attraction but Lady Isabella seems quite amused and laughs quietly. "Yes, yes," Sir Renaldo speaks up when he has regained his composure. "We will be eagerly awaiting your arrival for dinner." He takes his daughter's arm and turns to go back into the city. Lady Isabella smiles at Silas as she leaves.

Sir Renaldo had hoped Silas would help him get his daughter to safe place away from the trouble that was brewing in Terraversa but he had not anticipated a romantic solution. But perhaps it was for the best. Silas was a very successful captain and Corrington appeared to be destined for an age of peace. Even the tensions between its long time enemy Oleon had seemed to ease. Dangerous times required Sir Renaldo to make choices he would not normally consider. As long as Isabella was safe and happy, that was all that mattered.

33150177315_f93e8de1f3_c.jpg

32304701244_705754aaa2_c.jpg

33108749656_5e7303c506_c.jpg

That is one impressive palm tree! Great usage of the old palm leaves. (Also nice collection of them!) I like your paying and the SNOT profile bricks make a great brick road/walkway.

Nice pavement and fantastic looking palm, Mike. And all the best wishes for the happy couple :pir-wink:

Nice entry! The orange base is brilliant, the brick walkway is good and the massive palm tree is just fantastic. The lady looks beautiful with that matching hat (The so-called "green princess" from Kingdom's Joust happens to be one of my favorite LEGO ladies). I have the hat in red, but not green. Where does the green one come from? Anyway, neat story... and I suppose time will tell the tale on whether the title holds true or not! Good work. :thumbup: