TheLunabrick

Transgender and LEGO

As someone who has dealt with a lot of struggles in real life, LEGO is such a wonderful escape. I did leave my youtube channel for 4 months largely to start my transition and stuff but being back into LEGO fully is so nice. LEGO really does help take my mind off of things. I guess this post is largely wanting to see if there are any other Transgender LEGO youtubers, moc builders, builders in general, or fans. Its just nice to know if there is anyone else on this forum. 

Hello there! Glad things are moving in a good direction for you. Gender in general shouldn't play a role in society, but sadly it does, as we all know. I do think though that the Lego community in particular is rather open-minded and respectful - and personally I find that it doesn't really matter who has which bits. What is important is, which kind if person someone is and that people respect each other :classic:

I know some people who went into the lobby for PTSD reasons, namely gruesome military service or recovering from injuries. I'm not aware of any trans Lego youtubers though. 

In the 70's and early 80's being transgender and made of Lego was as easy as switching hair.  Now, you have to switch heads as well and potentially clothing.

On 1/8/2017 at 7:09 AM, Littleworlds said:

Hello there! Glad things are moving in a good direction for you. Gender in general shouldn't play a role in society, but sadly it does, as we all know. I do think though that the Lego community in particular is rather open-minded and respectful - and personally I find that it doesn't really matter who has which bits. What is important is, which kind if person someone is and that people respect each other :classic:

Wow. The political correctness. 

49 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Wow. The political correctness. 

Nope. Just my personal belief. Much better than intolerance, hate and division, isn't it?

I'm not sure it's political correctness rather than just being a nice person.

I'm not very PC but I think Littleworlds' comments came across as someone just being nice rather than delicately stepping round a subject in a PC way.

Everyone on this forum has a common interest. Lego. We could be chatting in a forum which contains people of a host of skin colours, there could be Christians, Muslims, Buddhists, Satanists or atheists... People who are heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, pansexual or even identify as pets and dress as in large dog suits at the weekend (This is a real thing... I kid you not). The thing is it doesn't really matter does it? If we're talking about the Lego Batman Movie Arkham Asylum or whether they'll remake a UCS Millennium Falcon this year anyone's value of my opinion shouldn't be determined by any of these things. If people think they should then I think that has more to do with them than anything else.

I'm sure gender assignment is a difficult thing to go through... to feel like there's something wrong with you and then coming to the realisation that it's down to one of the most basic parts of being human... your male or female form... and whether you feel you fit into it. I'm thankful I've never felt that way.

Fingers crossed Lunabricks finds what he/she is looking for. Good luck.

5 hours ago, Robianco said:

Everyone on this forum has a common interest. Lego. We could be chatting in a forum which contains people of a host of skin colours, there could be Christians, Muslims, Buddhists, Satanists or atheists... People who are heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, pansexual or even identify as pets and dress as in large dog suits at the weekend (This is a real thing... I kid you not). The thing is it doesn't really matter does it? If we're talking about the Lego Batman Movie Arkham Asylum or whether they'll remake a UCS Millennium Falcon this year anyone's value of my opinion shouldn't be determined by any of these things. If people think they should then I think that has more to do with them than anything else.

Very well said :thumbup: At the end of the day we're all fans of Lego and our here to discuss our favourite hobby.

We should never let race, skin colour, religion, sex, or anything filter our perspective or judgement.

6 hours ago, Littleworlds said:

Nope. Just my personal belief. Much better than intolerance, hate and division, isn't it?

You say it's "just your personal belief" then attack the opposing stance.

But for the sake of keeping EB's peace, I'll leave :classic:

21 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

You say it's "just your personal belief" then attack the opposing stance.

But for the sake of keeping EB's peace, I'll leave :classic:

I'm not really sure that was attacking the opposing stance rather than pointing out that the opposite view of respect and inclusion is hate and division.

I'm assuming your need to leave the conversation means you don't think things should be inclusive or tolerant to people's sexual orientation?

3 hours ago, Robianco said:

I'm assuming your need to leave the conversation means you don't think things should be inclusive or tolerant to people's sexual orientation?

You aren't tolerant of my view either :wink:

4 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

You aren't tolerant of my view either :wink:

It was a question. No judgement either way. Let me know your view and I'll tell you whether I'll tolerate it.

Just now, Robianco said:

It was a question. No judgement either way. Let me know your view and I'll tell you whether I'll tolerate it.

So I'm not allowed to choose whether or not I want to tolerate Lunabrick's view, but you're allowed to choose whether or not you want to tolerate my view? :wacko:

No

Just now, VaderFan2187 said:

So I'm not allowed to choose whether or not I want to tolerate Lunabrick's view, but you're allowed to choose whether or not you want to tolerate my view? :wacko:

Nobody has given a view either way. You've already told me I'm not tolerant of your view... without me actually saying anything. 

There's really no call for arguing over whether one of you insulted the other in some strange way, what a waste of time and space and a very rude hijacking of Lunabrick's thread.