gedren_y

Preparing for the Winter Solstice Festival

On a wide flat plain, two miles southwest of Trador, a new stone circle was built. The altar in the center is dedicated to the Triuri. Tonight is the Winter Solstice, and the first of many ceremonies is going to be held here.

30980593783_11091e2db9_o.png

As with many structures designed by the Truachesh neh Triuri, the stone circle is oriented precisely with magnetic north. The four stone tables outside the circle are oriented on a 45 degree bias.

31642794172_79c5a3585d.jpg
(full image)

The inner ring, where the revelers gather, is filled with crushed limestone.

31642821402_e40b03e52c.jpg
(full image)

The altar contains a carved representation of the three aspects of the Triuri, the Maiden, the Mother, and the Crone. (The pillar portion is based on a Christmas ornament design by Chris McVeigh.)

31752924016_377b1240e5_o.png

Waiting on the altar are an incense burner, a bottle of uisge with the rare mushroom atop it, and a well-preserved, bound copy of the ceremonial text for the Solstice ceremonies.

31673728781_7a17bab907_o.png

Dearji is a little apprehensive this afternoon, because this will be the first major ceremony that she will be leading by herself.

31790227675_bafa2f5321_o.png

Dearji stands below the carved and painted representation of the Mother aspect of the Triuri. This faces true magnetic north.

31790232695_710006a845_o.png

The Maiden aspect of the Triuri faces exactly 120 degrees east.

31642855212_e970d4a6c6_o.png

The Crone aspect of the Triuri faces extactly 120 degrees west.

31752982056_bf46f026e5_o.png

Commodore Uthur McIvar, commander of the Golden Grasshopper, is admiring the stone masons' precise carving skill. All of his crew, even the non-believer Chief Xuan Lo, will be attending the ceremony.

31790267495_2236e7a85d.jpg
(full image)

Look at it!

30949305204_df10bc6a93_o.png

With their cargo delivered, most of the crew of the Consort's Duty returned to Trador for their leave, but Captain Missa Drewsa, her long-time lover Callum Dunn, and young Natan deGrosh have stayed for the ceremony. Callum is admiring the Crone representation. He thinks it looks like his mother. Callum will be playing the ceremonial music, on a drum to be brought by one of the local militia.

31417699330_e396acb9c1_o.png

Casks of uisge, goblets to be filled with the drink (then topped by the ceremonial mushrooms), and scrolls printed with the ceremonial songs, if revelers want to sing along to the beat.

31752997666_41c13970e0.jpg
(full image)

Natan doesn't believe in anything really, but he has heard some wild stories about the experiences at these events. He has even offered to help set up for the evening.

31417705960_57b544c1e6_o.png

"Not now," Captain Drewsa tells Natan, "The mushrooms stay stored until the uisge is poured."

31642890162_8e905a560b.jpg
(full image)

Just a shot of another of the tables without anything in the way, to show off the precise lawn maintenance here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have a happy Solstice!

Edited by gedren_y

Great work with the carvings on the stones! :thumbup:  The lawn sections are well done too!

I really like your standing stones, the relief is really cool! What part is that?

Well, now THAT'S a big faith symbol! Loving it! Especially the carvings at the stones as Kai noticed! In order to look more elegant, have you thought about using "blue render" (the one KB is using I believe)? It could greatly enhance your LDD MOCs (Or so I have noticed)

I love how you've used the cat tail piece for the stone relief! Very detailed all around, and a fine look at a Triuri ceremony. :thumbup:

Thanks, all.

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 8:36 PM, Kai NRG said:

Great work with the carvings on the stones! :thumbup:  The lawn sections are well done too!

There are excellent lawn maintenance professionals in Trador. 

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 0:32 PM, TitusV said:

I really like your standing stones, the relief is really cool! What part is that?

Cap Wolf answered your question.

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 4:17 PM, blackdeathgr said:

Well, now THAT'S a big faith symbol! Loving it! Especially the carvings at the stones as Kai noticed! In order to look more elegant, have you thought about using "blue render" (the one KB is using I believe)? It could greatly enhance your LDD MOCs (Or so I have noticed)

The computer I have to use for LDD is an old Windows 7. Rendering programs are a bit much for it to handle.

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 11:20 AM, Capt Wolf said:

I love how you've used the cat tail piece for the stone relief! Very detailed all around, and a fine look at a Triuri ceremony. :thumbup:

This was just the preparation. The real ceremony was quite an event. The celebrants that returned to Trador still under the effects of the uisge and mushrooms combo caused quite a stir.