Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

10 hours ago, RyanMe said:

Depends on what you are after...in my opinion the minifigs in the low rider are the better minifigs. The printing and detail on Quinn is great and I like the new batgirl cowl. Manbat and twins are pretty bland. 

When it it comes to the build itself,  the batmobile is better hands down. It is huge, much bigger than any batmobile that I have. The ability to raise and lower it are pretty cool to. It was more fun to build as well. The low rider has some neat components,  but nothing great plus I've had issues with the wheels popping off and it not staying in the low rider postion  

After buying and building them both, if I was told I had to keep one i'd keep the batmobile. Just my opinion, but you asked.

Thanks! Yes, I think I will get the Batmobile.

The Penguin Limo is €40,- in the Netherlands (don't know if this is mentioned before) and will release with the rest of the sets on january 1st. 

2 minutes ago, Kevii23 said:

The Penguin Limo is €40,- in the Netherlands (don't know if this is mentioned before) and will release with the rest of the sets on january 1st. 

That's alot, I wasnt planning to get it but now im pretty sure i wont.

Just now, Sickbricks02 said:

That's alot, I wasnt planning to get it but now im pretty sure i wont.

Yea, same thought. These prices are way too high, but it can always be worse (I'm looking at you Star Wars sets). 

BTW Source is S@H. 

2 hours ago, Kevii23 said:

Hopefully this means the penguin limo is £30 in the UK, and if so I will probably get it day one.

Clayface is beautifully priced. A day one purchase indeed. I'll have to modify the head to my taste though.

I'm upset at the scuttler. I was hoping for £80. And croc too. I was hoping for £60

Catwoman and the lowrider are overpriced too. Other than that I 'm happy. Hopefully, I'll get the lowrider, croc and  scuttler for a third off.

Edited by LegoShroom

2 minutes ago, LegoShroom said:

Clayface is beautifully priced. A day one purchase indeed. I'll have to modify the head to my taste though.

I'm upset at the scuttler. I was hoping for £80. And croc too. I was hoping for £60

I was also quite disappointed with the scuttler price, but the croc price was to be expected with that huge killer croc fig. That doesn't mean I'm happy with the croc price, it was just more expected than the scuttler price though.

Edited by robertgorman2505

Just now, robertgorman2505 said:

I was also quite disappointed with the scuttle price, but the croc price was to be expected with that huge killer croc fig. That doesn't mean I'm happy with the croc price, it was just more expected than the scuttler price though.

I was actually expecting £70 for croc but I would've liked £60.

I was worried when we saw the prices for the Batmobile and Lowrider but in actual fact they're not all that bad on the whole, still, it's not going to make my wallet's job easier

There are a lot of great flourishes through these sets, even for a micro builder like me. The 8-Ball is neat and those engine cylinder parts in the Catwoman set are to die for but otherwise there is nothing here I would be desperate enough to own as a part that I would buy a set for. They're pretty great to look at though!

14 hours ago, The Brick King said:
3 hours ago, The Brick King said:

Thanks! Yes, I think I will get the Batmobile.

Don't you mean "The Speedwagon"!

There seems to be an error with the guard in the Scarecrow set. He appears to have a new head on the main image but in the minifig selection he has the same head as the GCPD officer in Arkham.

Guess we'll have to wait until Brickset's review :cry_happy:

I feel there is some really odd pricing in this theme but I just did some calculations on the UK prices and if you were to buy everything at its listed price you would be getting he sets at an overall average of 10p a piece which seems okay, I think as long as I hold off on some of the sets until there are 3/2 or 33% off deals this theme should work out as a pretty good value to collect.

These sets are really quite well priced. £20 for the Scarecrow set isn't too shabby at all, neither is the £30 they ask for for the Penguin set.

10 minutes ago, Deathstroke77 said:

These sets are really quite well priced. £20 for the Scarecrow set isn't too shabby at all, neither is the £30 they ask for for the Penguin set.

But the Croc set is INSANE. It's 400 odd pieces. Even with Croc, that's megablocking super expensive.

A lot of these sets went from NEED, to "I'll wait for a sale."