Which Pirate ship is the best?  

280 members have voted

1. 1. Which Pirate ship is the best?

• 6265 Black Seas Barracuda (10040)
    • 6286 Skull's Eye Schooner
    • 6289 Red Beard Runner (6290)
    • 6268 Renegade Runner
    • 6250 Cross Bone Clipper

The Skulls Eye Schooner and Black Seas Barracuda are duking it out... Who is going to win?

just added my vote to the bsb, so she's leading the race right now... i voted for her for several reasons:

1) of the two, she's the classic pirate ship: she has a typical design for this type of ship, with pretty nice windows, yellow detailed bricks, a great captain's office; all very easily accessible through the back of the ship...

2) This was the first pirate ship of the lego line.

1)... a great captain's office; all very easily accessible through the back of the ship...

2) This was the first pirate ship of the lego line.

1) Have you held an SES? The cabin is far easier to access, without turning the ship around, and looks great...

2)This doesn't have much to do with the ship... but oh well...

God Bless,

Nathan

Have you held an SES? The cabin is far easier to access, without turning the ship around, and looks great...

But it's much smaller and considering the presence of the rudder-turning mechanism the cabin in fact doesn't serve any purpose at all.

I've never actually built any of my Black Seas Barracudas yet, but my Skulls Eye Schooner is just metres away. Thanks to the nice opening walls on either side I can get easy access to its cabin. From what I've seen the Black Seas Barracuda cabin is access by pull the rear wall down.

Have you held an SES? The cabin is far easier to access, without turning the ship around, and looks great...

But it's much smaller and considering the presence of the rudder-turning mechanism the cabin in fact doesn't serve any purpose at all.

I always left the rudder mechanism out...

God Bless,

Nathan

From what I've seen the Black Seas Barracuda cabin is access by pull the rear wall down.

You can also open the roof.

Me too, I never liked it.

That link takes me to the Adventurers section...

Is this the ship you refer to:

Ideas Book Ship

yeah... that's the one. :oD

sure, it's not a brilliant ship, but's it's ok, i think...

God Bless,

Nathan

Does leaving this rudder mechanism out make a major impact on the set at all? Becuase I would rather have the cabin space than the ability to move the rudder...

In the splendid Skulls Eye Schooner the rudder mechanism doesn't really take up much of the cabin space at all. However a true engineer of such vessels could design them in such a way the rudder mechanism was in a seperate compartment to the cabin. However, that's MOCingly speaking.

I think the rudder mechanism is nothing more than gimmick that doesn't serve any useful functionality to the ships besides allowing you to say "Woohoo... Look! I can move the rudder by turning the ship's wheel". Beyond that its probably an annoying feature that breaks too easily.

I don't know about the SES, but in the Imperial Flagship the mechanism frequently got stuck and after trying to move it again it would break (the top long black brick fell off).

Why would anyone do that? IMO the reason of polls like this is to see how many people like particular things, and there are no profits from this, the function of such polls is purely informative. So I see no reason to cheat.

Why would anyone do that? IMO the reason of polls like this is to see how many people like particular things, and there are no profits from this, the function of such polls is purely informative. So I see no reason to cheat.

Well you obviously didn't make a bet off the side which ship was going to win!

No one I know would agree to make such a bet with me, knowing how easily the results could be falsified. So if you make no bets, no one cheats.

Ya know, for the past several posts I've probably not been very serious...

Yes, during them someone implied the BSB was better than the SES... ;)

God Bless,

Nathan

BSB is the crowning standard by which all other LEGO ships have failed to match or best.

It's elegant beauty defines everything (non-imperial) LEGO pirate stands for. I will not cheapen its greatness with words and instead I will only say this-

*wub* *wub* *wub* :$ ;)