Vader

7669 Anakin's Starfighter Review.

yeay totally and for once we don't have to mod the set for these to hold normally or to get rid of them like i did with the SI :-P

*yoda*

Ohhh man the swooshing on the SI was rubbish thanks to those missiles :-X The best thing i ever did was to get rid of all that crap.

Ohhh man the swooshing on the SI was rubbish thanks to those missiles :-X The best thing i ever did was to get rid of all that crap.

I've a tendency to just remove flick missiles from sets all together, and just MOD in something else like a 'proper' weapon.

One more question: Is that round yellow plate near the front the upper part of a turn table, or is it new?

Well it's not part of a turn table, however i have no idea if it's new or not.

hollisbrick the R2-D2 is the same as its always been, nothing new there i'm afraid.

Well it's not part of a turn table, however i have no idea if it's new or not.

I think it might be, I certainly can't find it on Peeron or Bricklink. But it crops up in a few of next years sets, though. I know it's in at least two of the Impulse sets.

I think it might be, I certainly can't find it on Peeron or Bricklink. But it crops up in a few of next years sets, though. I know it's in at least two of the Impulse sets.

Well it could be then, i can't ever remember seeing it before i bought this set.

I have to ask, sorry if it is already addressed elsewhere.

Is this set based on any "official" JSF desgin?

I have to ask, sorry if it is already addressed elsewhere.

Is this set based on any "official" JSF desgin?

Welcome to EB sho ;-)

Yes it is based on the upcomming Clone Wars cartoon.

*yoda*

yeay totally and for once we don't have to mod the set for these to hold normally or to get rid of them like i did with the SI :-P

*yoda*

You only did that with the SI?

I mod every set direct when I build it to not have those stupid missiles.

Am so tired of having that. Can totally see that the kids might like this.

-Ras-

Am so tired of having that. Can totally see that the kids might like this.

-Ras-

well i'd have to seriously mod this if i want this to be a real space fighter, and not a ..... sw set. X-D

it looks good though... for a sw set... i'd like to see a comparison with the red-white fighter (that's a JSF too, right? all that freaky sw talk gets me sooo confused... wtf is an "SI" btw? :-| )

i'm also surprised to see that Lego is going the SNOT-way. 5 years ago they would have used yellow plates instead of yellow tiles.

well i'd have to seriously mod this if i want this to be a real space fighter, and not a ..... sw set. X-D

it looks good though... for a sw set... i'd like to see a comparison with the red-white fighter (that's a JSF too, right? all that freaky sw talk gets me sooo confused... wtf is an "SI" btw? :-| )

i'm also surprised to see that Lego is going the SNOT-way. 5 years ago they would have used yellow plates instead of yellow tiles.

Here you go Sne:

af.jpg

Here you go Sne:

af.jpg

thanks, My Lord

think i'll get this one *sweet* if it's not too expensive... looks cool... *sweet*

what strikes me, yet again, is how much lego has evolved sing the red-white fighter... redesigns look waaaay much better than first attempts...

thanks, My Lord

think i'll get this one *sweet* if it's not too expensive... looks cool... *sweet*

what strikes me, yet again, is how much lego has evolved sing the red-white fighter... redesigns look waaaay much better than first attempts...

Ahhhh so you have finally seen the error of your ways and face up to the truth..... That Space is dead X-D :-P ;-)

Your right about this sets redesign though, after swooshing the red JSF i found that the wings came off quite often. However the new version has no such problems, i'm sure many (Ras X-D ) will enjoy it's swoosh factor

Thanks for the review. i really want this set now.

can you take a pic of it next to Anakin's EP3 JSF please.

EDIT: and the DSS

Edited by simonjedi

Nan I do mod all the sets!! I just hate those missiles and I just get rid of them all !!

Here if they stay, why not keep them I say :-P

Ahhhh so you have finally seen the error of your ways and face up to the truth..... That Space is dead X-D :-P ;-)

True words of wisdeom here my Lord :-P

Come on Sne, take it like a man, that the only space you'll have is that crap MM >:-)

*yoda*

Nan I do mod all the sets!! I just hate those missiles and I just get rid of them all !!

Here if they stay, why not keep them I say :-P

True words of wisdeom here my Lord :-P

Come on Sne, take it like a man, that the only space you'll have is that crap MM >:-)

*yoda*

ok ok ok people... let's not lose our heads over this, shall we? it takes more than a grumpy old hooded granddad to turn me over to the dark side.... X-D besides, i'd lose my job as SPACE mod ! so what are you offering as compensation? X-D

and can you show us some pics from the side too, My Lord, as well as from the underside?

Vader, you stud!! Thanks for the awesome & thorough review. What a cool set. I really like the new hair mold, although I am not a fan of the face. The ship itself looks all right, although I agree it can stand for some mods. I don't normally keep sets together long, so it's more about the parts for me and this has some cool parts. Anyway, that's my opinion. Thanks again for sharing the review with us! :-)

ok ok ok people... let's not lose our heads over this, shall we? it takes more than a grumpy old hooded granddad to turn me over to the dark side.... X-D besides, i'd lose my job as SPACE mod ! so what are you offering as compensation? X-D

and can you show us some pics from the side too, My Lord, as well as from the underside?

Granddad? *wacko* Is now a good time to mention that your a year older than me X-D Or does that just make you a great granddad? :-P

I can indeed show more pics, i shall be uploading some later tonight.

X-D says the oldest member here :-P and grumpy ?? We all know that you fit that desctription perfectly Sne X-D

And nothing off course, EB is cheap enough to let us without any pension and retirement plans >:-( :-P

*yoda*

I think this is a really cool set and I don't even like the Jedi fighters! A must buy for me! *wub*

says the oldest member here

Upon chancing on Ras74's profile, I noticed his b-date in Feb! Sne's is in August! *brings out anti-rant shield* Anyways, Vader, does the instruction manual show the new sets? Is anything shown worthy of mention? 8-|