Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

Going back to that accessory pack for a second, the Instagram user who posted the initial pictures has posted several more, including a more zoomed-out picture of the back of the box. Gotta ask: Why does the copyright legal notice in the bottom right talk about Nexo Knights and not mention Ninjago?

Really just looking for a set number on it.

Edited by obsidianheart

31 minutes ago, LegoShroom said:

Also that same guy just confirmed that there was no shark. Can't say I'm suprised or that I care too much but I'm not sure of how many sets were on display.

Well, thats a bummer.

Hopefully we get a list with details soon - but now i'm only really holding out hope for the mech's.

The shark was probably my second favourite design, it looked cool and could have made a great Shark set for display, or motorising it to walk for playability.

3 minutes ago, Clx_45 said:

Do we know anything about the sizes about the sets? 

BZPower made vague remarks about potentially doing a write-up or revealing information about the Ninjago Movie sets, but then removed the tweets confirming Lloyd's Dragon and denying the shark set.

They seem to be the only place that may give us details...

Just now, Scarilian said:

BZPower made vague remarks about potentially doing a write-up or revealing information about the Ninjago Movie sets, but then removed the tweets confirming Lloyd's Dragon and denying the shark set.

Hmmmmmm, ideally someone may have sneaked some pictures but that seems unlikely, seems like best case scenario we'll get some detailed descriptions 

25 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

The tweets are still up as far as I can see.

22 minutes ago, LegoShroom said:

The tweets are still up as far as I can see.

I posted a picture earlier, but they were unavailable as far as i could see. Perhaps it was a glitch.

Either way, BZPower may be the only place we get info.

BZPower has confirmed to me that...

-There is a ninja base, training area or dojo that IS NOT Destiny's Bounty (but the DB will also be coming).

-They only really saw the aquatic themed villains and not any other baddies, like familiar ones (ignoring Garmadon).

-Kai's mech and Zane's tank are sets.

-There are parts of Ninjago City in the sets, but "not much".

Edited by Puffle Pal26

LOL!  :laugh:  Sometimes, all you can do is laugh...Of all the possible outcomes of what could have happened with the movie sets, I never imagined that Lego would show them to attendees....but forbid photos!!  I don't recall this ever happening at NYTF...ever....but leave it to TLG to blaze new trails on secrecy.  I guess they are super concerned (and I suppose rightfully so) about Lepin having copycat movie sets out to market in Asia a month after NYTF and 6 months before the movie is released.  So, in a way, I understand why they would do that. 

There are several websites, bloggers, etc. at NYTF today plus other attendees over the course of the show.  I'm guessing that we will probably get set descriptions and maybe even a list/price list from someone.  I'm sure people have reached out to Brick Show, etc. on social media and asked them about the movie sets.  Also, unless Lego has those sets in some kind of enclosed room with "spotters" looking for cameras/cellphones, chances are someone will get a grainy pic or 2.  This show is simply too big and too many people are there to control a "no photography" policy in an open trade show display area. 

We are pretty much in wait and see mode.

6 minutes ago, Puffle Pal26 said:

BZPower has confirmed to me that...

-There is a ninja base, training area or dojo that IS NOT Destiny's Bounty (but the DB will also be coming).

-They only really saw the the aquatic themed villains and not any other baddies, like familiar ones (ignoring Garmadon).

-Kai's mech and Zane's tank are sets.

-There are parts of Ninjago City in the sets, but "not much".

There are bits of this that I like and bits that i don't. 

Firstly, the best three ninja vehicles are being made into sets. Yipee.

This will be our fourth destiny's bounty but seeing as I don't own any of the three, I'll get this one if it's to my taste.

The aquatic themed villains are a letdown but not by too much- in the very least, they'll have some nice new moulds.

And the parts of the city are whatever.

Tell me, did they have all 13 sets on display or was it just a selection??

8 minutes ago, LegoShroom said:

Tell me, did they have all 13 sets on display or was it just a selection??

11 sets, not 13.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

2 hours ago, LegendsOfNinjago said:

Yeah they don't show retail exclusives at toy fairs.

We at Brickset have fourteen sets listed due to numbers that came out quite a while back (http://brickset.com/sets/theme-The-LEGO-Ninjago-Movie). And we know that we're getting eleven regular retail sets.

So... that would make three retailer exclusives for the first wave. That's on par with Batman, which is good!

Edited by Puffle Pal26

Was hoping that the information would be sorted into a post ASAP, but it seems the BZPower coverage will be later this week instead.

Here is what i'm getting from the posts they've made;

Sets;
1. Destiny's Bounty, Largest set shown
2. Lloyd's Dragon, mentioned as being a good representation of what we've seen in the trailer
3. Zane's Tank
4. Kai's Mech, mentioned as being "Scaled down a bunch", apparently looks "cheaper than the rest of the sets"
5. Jay's vehicle, mentioned as being different to the one we saw in the trailer
6. Cole's vehicle, is a mech, mentioned as being different to the one we saw in the trailer
7. Ninja Training Area / Base / Dojo

Just now, Robert8 said:

So, the sets are not there

It's just the boxes with the confidencial stamp

Not necessarily, since those are mostly the corners of the boxes it's possible the sets could be centered in front of those  

The Ninjago movie ninja masks I've seen look like they tightly wrap under the jaw, so I'm guessing are two piece masks or the head is stuck inside the mask as a dual or triple molded piece or the movie depiction isn't true to the actual brick version.

26 minutes ago, BubbaFit45531 said:

The Ninjago movie ninja masks I've seen look like they tightly wrap under the jaw, so I'm guessing are two piece masks or the head is stuck inside the mask as a dual or triple molded piece or the movie depiction isn't true to the actual brick version.

I could see a two piece, but not the head molded in. That would make a lot of people annoyed. But I see what you're saying. 

14 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

So, it seems there will be 16 instead of 20 Ninjago Movie CMFs

Won't know until they're revealed I guess.

There have been discrepancies between Toy Fairs before regarding what sets and boxes are available. For instance, Star Wars Episode 8 being at Nuremberg but not at NYTF.

Ok, so before we do more hinting on what's coming out for The LEGO Ninjago Movie, I'm going back to the accessory pack once again because this set was discovered in Singapore.

See the hairpieces on the packaging.