WickNole

[MOC] Imperial outpost on Tatooine (part of a larger diorama)

This is my contribution to LatLUG Star Wars diorama presented on December 20th in Riga Wintercon event.

The holidays have ended by now, and, while I've been finally unpacking the boxes from the event in order to disassemble the things, I've decided to make proper pictures of the MOC as well.

We've decided to make a group build on SW Original Trilogy Tatooine setting. My task was to create an Imperial outpost setup for the diorama. As the shuttle was staying on my desk for some time now, this was quite an obvious decision for me. :classic:

The Shuttle, speeder bikes and gantry are from LEGO official sets, everything else is own creations.

24097894439_0e753bef86_c.jpg

24467945915_078c9a37dc_c.jpg

23849861173_2e73fcd0d3_c.jpg

23850622344_6638b4e6a3_c.jpg

23854899324_8e817d5f52_c.jpg

24374801182_e4bc248471_c.jpg

24483109435_f187a351bf_c.jpg

24374812262_f9553f4f1c_c.jpg

The whole MOC s quite an experience for me - both in building and organization. Furthermore, the need to transport the thing had forced me to "think modular".

And, yes, this is my largest creation to date. :classic:

Here is the full layout from the event:

24368553922_317b8ab087_c.jpg

PS. I also would like to thank Zaael and goatman461 for ideas, inspiration and support. :sweet:

Edited by WickNole

You're welcome! It turned out quite impressive!!! I like the whole feel of the build and especially like the landing pad and all the greebling and the technique with the flags you used on the roof of one of the buildings!

Wow, this is fantastic! Great job with fig posing - the scene really feels like it's a busy bustling base. A ton of great details here, but I think my favorite part is the landing pad elevators - a very cool touch, and a neat technique.

Oh... i just realized that:

- there is a typo in topic name ("doirama" instead of "diorama")

- the subforum is wrong - as this is not a contest entry

Could i ask our moderators to correct these things, please? :blush:

Wow! Love this. Really like your huts and the greebles on the sides of the landing platform. Well done @WickNole. Also is it just me or is the UCS Shuttle the coolest thing ever?

Oh man this is so awesome. It would've been my childhood dream to have enough pieces and talent to make something like this. I truly wish this was an official lego set.