Sir Gareth

Future DC Super Heroes Rumors & Speculation

9 minutes ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

I haven't heard anything about those being confirmed. 

You are totally right, I looked for the original source where I believed it to be confirmed and it was actually referring to the Lex mech.

Guess I Better take a break for a while and let the people who actually know what is going on do the talking.

Edited by TheBrickBuilder14

So let me get this straight. Based off of all the hints we have received regarding the Lego DC Comic Superheroes theme, can we come to the conclusion that everything listed below will show up somehow, somewhere in one of next year's waves?:

Sets (maybe not the correct names):
- ?????: Lobo's Space Hog ($25)
Includes Lobo, Superman, and Krypto the Super-Dog.
- ?????: Lex Luthor's Mech ($?)
Includes Lex Luthor, Firestorm, (?).

Figures:
- Reverse Flash
- Cheetah (?)

Did I miss anything? Is anything completely wrong?

2 minutes ago, JJS8_Mind said:

So let me get this straight. Based off of all the hints we have received regarding the Lego DC Comic Superheroes theme, can we come to the conclusion that everything listed below will show up somehow, somewhere in one of next year's waves?:

Sets (maybe not the correct names):
- ?????: Lobo's Space Hog ($25)
Includes Lobo, Superman, and Krypto the Super-Dog.
- ?????: Lex Luthor's Mech ($?)
Includes Lex Luthor, Firestorm, (?).

Figures:
- Reverse Flash
- Cheetah (?)

Did I miss anything? Is anything completely wrong?

You've got it! :classic:

Just now, Shahennian said:

:wub: (I really hope you're not bullshitting us Duncan)

Haha, me too. Well done to everyone who decrypted the hints, I really enjoyed this. I'm just as excited as all you are. There are still a few figs I don't even know about. I appreciate these games aren't for everyone though and I can't wait to see a proper set list and pictures :classic:

One last thing: Firestorm's head. What's going on there. Is it a new mold, or are we getting the Ghost Rider head with new printing?

Just now, Numbuh1Nerd said:

One last thing: Firestorm's head. What's going on there. Is it a new mold, or are we getting the Ghost Rider head with new printing?

Hmm, the set pictures were apparently very small according to my source. If I were to guess, I'd say the Ghost Rider piece because the mold is already in production 

Just now, Duncan Young said:

Hmm, the set pictures were apparently very small according to my source. If I were to guess, I'd say the Ghost Rider piece because the mold is already in production 

Gotcha. I figure they'll go with the Ghost Rider piece, since it's so new, but I'm also still unsure of why they gave Firestorm that helmet thingy as a piece and not a print in LB3, so sometimes Lego just makes kinda dumb decisions. :laugh:

I'd rather a new mold, that way he can have double sided face (he's one of my favourites, I'd love to see normal and angry versions)

Does your source know if its Ronnie Raymond Firestorm or Jason Rusch/Jefferson 'Jax' Jackson Firestorm?

Also thank you for sharing the information you have with us, its been a fun game to play :classic::laugh:

1 minute ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Gotcha. I figure they'll go with the Ghost Rider piece, since it's so new, but I'm also still unsure of why they gave Firestorm that helmet thingy as a piece and not a print in LB3, so sometimes Lego just makes kinda dumb decisions. :laugh:

Yeah, I admit I'm not a fan of the LB3 piece it's just way too bulky. I'm really hoping Thawne has boots, it would be a shame now that Barry can finally have a pair courtesy of Ray Palmer  the Fun at the Beach set 

@VaderFan2187 I don't think so

@Quicksilver838 I don't know, I suppose it could go either way with Jax/Jason in Legends and Ronnie in JLA. I guess if the sets are based on Action then it'll be Ronnie 

Edited by Duncan Young

Just now, Duncan Young said:

Yeah, I admit I'm not a fan of the LB3 piece it's just way too bulky. I'm really hoping Thawne has boots, it would be a shame now that Barry can finally have a pair courtesy of Ray Palmer  the Fun at the Beach set 

Me too. It'll be a long time before we find yellow legs with red boots otherwise. Flash can get his from swim trunks, but unless there's a Fun at the Nudist Colony set soon, I think we're out of luck.

11 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

@Quicksilver838 I don't know, I suppose it could go either way with Jax/Jason in Legends and Ronnie in JLA. I guess if the sets are based on Action then it'll be Ronnie 

I haven't actually seen Action yet, wasn't sure which one appeared, or really if these are based on Action. I don't mind if they are based on Action, but I hope they don't make the designs too silly or simple, as Action is really cartoony.

JLA_Poster_600_56abc2a5ba5ea1.32870249.j

They almost look like the inspiration for Mighty Micros :laugh:

2 hours ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

Just to summarize

We now know of atleast 2 upcoming sets,

1 of them will be Lobo's bike, figures included will be Lobo, Superman and Krypto.

the second set will feature Lex Luthor in a new mech (?) and will feature Black Canary, Reverse Flash and Firestorm.

That last set certainly has some Strange figures mixed together I must say.

If we get Reverse Flash I don't think he will be in the Lex Mech set. I'm guessing 3 JLA sets with the third possibly including Reverse Flash? Just speculation

1 hour ago, Duncan Young said:

Haha, me too. Well done to everyone who decrypted the hints, I really enjoyed this. I'm just as excited as all you are. There are still a few figs I don't even know about. I appreciate these games aren't for everyone though and I can't wait to see a proper set list and pictures :classic:

Thank you very much! This information is great and hopefully a great wave to come! 

I've been following this thread and I'm really excited for the sets! I just thought I'd give my two cents. I watched all the episodes of the show and I don't recall ever seeing a certain Yellow Speedster on the show. But who knows! 

Someone mentioned a while back Zatanna and there were a few magical episodes. I really hope that DC would get some mystical sets :sadnew:

4 hours ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

Maybe Lex Luthor is based upon his design in Justice League Action. It certainly would be different from his usual purple/green armor given that it is black/gold.

Duncan, I have a question for you. Are we going to get a Batman/Superman figure in these sets you teased? Also do you happen to know if they have a new design?

th?id=OIP._7QAhBIVgpHzis6bHXfhFQEsCo&pid=15.1

Strange color choices, is this based on a particular comic version or is it original to the show?

I'm excited for Firestorm; I'd love it if he looks similar to the Jax version in live-action, since the Ghost Rider piece would make sense for his helmet-less head. I do hope he has a fairly neutral expression, a la the Flash's main face, and not an uncharacteristic one-sided face like Brainiac received for his release.

Any Reverse Flash is great, doubly so if it matches up as the reverse of a Flash minifig in release.

4 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

From what you could make out, what colors or perhaps identifiable pieces made up the Space Hog?

25 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

From what you could make out, what colors or perhaps identifiable pieces made up the Space Hog?

He said his source saw it not him, and that the pictures were small, so very much likely his source wouldn't be able to identify any specific bricks

7 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I haven't actually seen Action yet, wasn't sure which one appeared, or really if these are based on Action. I don't mind if they are based on Action, but I hope they don't make the designs too silly or simple, as Action is really cartoony.

They almost look like the inspiration for Mighty Micros :laugh:

I'd say they're loose tie-in sets for JLA, like the Avengers Assemble sets, so most likely a traditional Ronnie is on the way, no stylizing. 

6 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

I've been following this thread and I'm really excited for the sets! I just thought I'd give my two cents. I watched all the episodes of the show and I don't recall ever seeing a certain Yellow Speedster on the show. But who knows! 

Someone mentioned a while back Zatanna and there were a few magical episodes. I really hope that DC would get some mystical sets :sadnew:

I was going to say that Cheetah isn't in the show either, but I double-checked and actually found a screenshot from the title sequence which features both Cheetah and Reverse Flash! Either way, though, I think their inclusion has more to do with fan demand than anything else, and it doesn't hurt that they're archvillains for two household names. Plus, if you look at that big promotional image of DC's big villains, we've got everyone on it in some form or another save for them, Black Adam, Attrocitus, Dex-Starr, and Solomon Grundy.

Solomon Grundy definitely seems to be the next most obvious villain to make, by the way. Even Imaginext has a Grundy on the shelves.

11 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

Are you hinting at Atom?

20 minutes ago, The Pearson said:

Are you hinting at Atom?

Nah, it's just a quote from the Flash TV show which has now developed into a meme :tongue:

I'm not really into DC, so Cheetah is basically Tigra from the Marvel Universe (or the otherway around, don't know who came first), right? Do they always lookalike that much? Ow cheetah has dots, and tigra stripes of course....duh... never mind

Well i'm going to use her as Tigra anyway |:-)