Sign in to follow this  
BasOne

Space Marine Light Attack Flyer

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

The Cobra attack flyer was designed after repeated requests for close air support from both the Army and the Marines.

Able to be armed with a variety of weaponsystems the Cobra has become the mainstay of the armed forces.

cobra1.png

cobra2.png

cobra3.png

cobra4.png

cobra5.png

cobra8.png

cobra6.png

Army tankhunter.

cobra7.png

Navy targeting scout.

Comments and crits allways welcome.

The LDD file for you te play with :grin:

http://www.brickshel...cobra_flyer.lxf

These are really cool! The hover wings look great :thumbup: The different weapon systems are neat as well.

Nice. I love the colour variants...

Though where is that engine piece from ? I don't really recognize it ? (Excoforce?).

I also love the variable weapon payloads. I should do that more - it looks fun!

Is it just me or the front feels a bit .... /flat/ ? maybe change that 2x2 plate to a slope or curved slope? would make it slightly more aerodynamic.

Awesome job on this one! The dual rotors is definitely sci-fi dropship/gunship material. My one critic is that the back should transition more seamlessly into the tail, other then that it looks really good! :classic:

That's an awesome-looking model! I love the oversized rotor wings. Very cool.

By the way, when I opened up the file in LDD it said four pieces were incorrectly placed and had been removed.

That's an awesome-looking model! I love the oversized rotor wings. Very cool.

By the way, when I opened up the file in LDD it said four pieces were incorrectly placed and had been removed.

It's the guns/flagpoles at the outer ends.

cobra8.png

I have more problems with those.

I'm assuming this was inspired by the newly announced stormtalon gunship for the Space Marines in Warhammer 40k?

I'm assuming this was inspired by the newly announced stormtalon gunship for the Space Marines in Warhammer 40k?

Actually, no it wasn't.

I had this idea for a while.

m2390199a_99120101094_StormTalon01_445x319.jpg

Does look cool though :laugh:

Actually, no it wasn't.

I had this idea for a while.

Does look cool though :laugh:

Haha fair enough..

My only suggestion would be to up-armor and beef up the cockpit somehow. The pilot feels a little too exposed to me.

I really like this, my only complaint is that the engines are a bit too large for the rest of the model. I'd like to see the cockpit bulked up a bit, just 1 or 2 studs on each side, and the sore of the model should be extended back by about that much as well. Do that and you'll have a real winner!

I really like this, my only complaint is that the engines are a bit too large for the rest of the model. I'd like to see the cockpit bulked up a bit, just 1 or 2 studs on each side, and the sore of the model should be extended back by about that much as well. Do that and you'll have a real winner!

Well that's what's the LXF file is for.

Be my guest to modify at your hearts content.

But don't forget to post a pic, i love to see modifications on my designs :tongue:

By the way, the engines are actually too small, any idea how much lift you need to generate for take off :laugh:

Just look at the V-22 Ossprey, massive rotors compared to it's size, for that matter, any helicopter.

Edited by BasOne

Very cool, The design is great. NPU on the props.

I love what people are doing for the space marines idea, as if it is already a LEGO theme! :thumbup:

~Legonardo~