Sign in to follow this  
ms09

NXT Light Explorer

A lego NXT robot that searches for stronger light source and drives in that direction while evading obstacles. Main building parts include 1 X NXT brick, 1 X Light sensor, 1 X Ultrasonic sensor, 3 X Servo motors. And each loading wheel has individual suspension.

1278052412m_DISPLAY.jpg

12780524164_DISPLAY.jpg

12780524131_DISPLAY.jpg

12780524176_DISPLAY.jpg

12780524153_DISPLAY.jpg

12780524175_DISPLAY.jpg

12780524132_DISPLAY.jpg

12780524187_DISPLAY.jpg

12780524198_DISPLAY.jpg

Edited by ms09

This is one "WICKED" tank! :thumbup: I like its efficient, compact size and the rotating sensor on top "means business"! Can this tank follow a red laser pointer dot on the floor, or can it follow a focused flashlight (torch) beam on the floor? Does your Ultrasonic Sensor have a certain distance programmed for it, so that it does a certain subroutine? I would be interested if your described your NXT programming a bit. :classic:

The bot looks really great. Can't see the obstacle avoidance in the video though. Would also love to see the code.

This is one "WICKED" tank! :thumbup: I like its efficient, compact size and the rotating sensor on top "means business"! Can this tank follow a red laser pointer dot on the floor, or can it follow a focused flashlight (torch) beam on the floor? Does your Ultrasonic Sensor have a certain distance programmed for it, so that it does a certain subroutine? I would be interested if your described your NXT programming a bit. :classic:

Thanks for your comment! If the light source on ground is placed at proper height it should be detected and followed. The program includes three parallel threads: the first for light sensor rotation, the second for reading the grey value while light sensor rotates clockwise and store the max value, the third for taking the angle of max grey value and turning vehicle direction accordingly, then ultrasonic sensor will check whether the path is clear, if yes, vehicle goes in this direction for certain distance, if not, vehicle evades obstacle. All three threads are endless loops.

The bot looks really great. Can't see the obstacle avoidance in the video though. Would also love to see the code.

Thanks for your comment! I just explained the work flow in previous reply, and it is implemented in NXT-G.

hi you bot is reall cool !

Any chance you could upload instructions and the nxg program

The bot looks really great. Can't see the obstacle avoidance in the video though.

24 seconds, just after its crossed the tyres it reaches the curtains and turns to avoid.

hi you bot is reall cool !

Any chance you could upload instructions and the nxg program

Thanks for your comment!

If you have 8527 and the following parts, there should be no difficulty building the vehicle:

4185.png X 14

57518.png X 94

731c01.1073526529.jpg X 8

42610.1100237977.jpg X 8

57520.1170634429.jpg X 4

44350.1106085674.jpg X 2 (Dark grey)

44351.1106085701.jpg X 2 (Dark grey)

44352.1261367724.jpg X 2 (Dark grey)

44353.1261367729.jpg X 2 (Dark grey)

24 seconds, just after its crossed the tyres it reaches the curtains and turns to avoid.

Thanks for the detailed reply!

could I see how the bottom is built as I really want to build this but am not sure how the chassis is built up